Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some masking and two stickers

94-BD0055-FBEC-43-F7-87-B8-D9-F575-EE740

Any tips for getting paint into the rear wing creases on the bigwig with rattle cans? :unsure:

• Like 3

Been off work with a back injury. So I finally glued the tyres on my konghead. It used to act as a slipper clutch as it has a 4000kv on 3s, now it just launches and lifts the front. It still gets squirrely when it diffs out and the two rear axles tyres touch each other 😀

Changed the stock steering wheel of the Radiolink RC4GS to an aluminum one with nicer and firm sponge. Added some carbon fiber decal accents too. Looks and feels expensive now. :D

0e1KzPph.jpg

14mcaS7h.jpg

FHUxwC6h.jpg

rZUb3Rnh.jpg

BYNsGsfh.jpg

• Like 2

A display piece from cutaway creations of this Nitro engine! 

rfXFKXJ.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, 53HRA said:

A display piece from cutaway creations of this Nitro engine! 

rfXFKXJ.jpg

That's beautifully done! Any progress pictures of tips for anyone wanting to attempt the same? I'd love to have this displayed in my house somewhere.

4 hours ago, Tizer said:

That's beautifully done! Any progress pictures of tips for anyone wanting to attempt the same? I'd love to have this displayed in my house somewhere.

Me too.  But my wife will put it in the dough and bake it, so she won't have to look at "the ugly thing."  Women don't appreciate a thing of beauty like this!

Wait, it was manufactured from the start like this?  I like how they have cut away their "cutaway" also.  

CxeSrq1.jpg

Set about continuing the rebuild of my Procat, with the Cat XLS Pro transmission in place of the standard stuff.

First thing I need to do is assemble the slipper layshaft. Looking at the instructions I see it needs a drop of super glue to attach some fences to the shaft.

"There's some super glue in the kitchen cupboard" I think to myself.

"Where the **** has that gone?" I'm asking 2 minutes later.

No sign of superglue anywhere. I've got plastic glue, flexible glue, even Shoo Goo. But no super glue to be seen.

So that's everything put away again until I can buy some more.

Very frustrating!

• Like 1

Just bought the last dynahead in the rc mart flash sale. Should be £200 delivered. Not sure what I'm going to do with it but kinda fancy a hardbody Unimog front end but not sure about back half. Maybe a double length wooden deck. Now need to source huge number of bearings & work out how rearwheel steering works. Do I need more than 2 channels. I have a 4 channel set if I need it

17 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Do I need more than 2 channels. I have a 4 channel set if I need it

You can do it with 2 channels and a Y-lead. However a separate channel for the rear makes setup easier, and you can then choose whether to use 4WS or not for a given corner. (4WS makes the turning circle smaller, but also makes the car a bit tippy cornering at speed.)

I was thinking about a separate mixer. In the boat world there are loads of electronic gadgets that mix rudder to motor for multi engine applications, such as action electronics. Anyway I've got plenty of time to work it all out

43 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

I was thinking about a separate mixer. In the boat world there are loads of electronic gadgets that mix rudder to motor for multi engine applications, such as action electronics. Anyway I've got plenty of time to work it all out

This works rather well for the second servo:

http://www.modelshopleeds.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=11373

Assembled most of my TB Evo 3 Surikarn project onto the Kai conversion set. You can find more about it in the builds section :)

_09B37772.jpg

• Like 6

Had a great result from the LHS.  I was looking for light fibreglass cloth and this shop is moving soon so he just gave me his remaining 2 packs. 2 different weights, either would be fine. I now have enough of everything I think other than 5mm balsa to build another yacht...

Also gave in and (secretly) ordered 54720 and 54721 (carbon damper stays) for my TA07 (had been to the boat club Friday afternoon, few beers, easy 'mistake' to make,  who hasn't drunk ebayed?!) Its pretty much an R now, other than the steering bits. I was trying to make them and while its easy to cut carbon fibre its hard to get the holes perfect. Need to buy a cnc mill...or convince my friend to cnc his...

The new indoor offroad (touring cars with bumps) club has changed everything too. They are now at the venue which doesn't work because the carpet makes the cars not track straight and its further away,  but worse its moved from every second thursday to once a month on saturdays. It still has vintage class, but I'm losing interest rapidly. Although still want a Top Force

• Like 1

Drove my rwd MF-01x Beetle again.  I love this car, it's so much fun drifting the back end around, especially on damp tarmac. 

47925008421_8caf212d60_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 11

On 5/24/2019 at 2:48 PM, Tizer said:

Assembled most of my TB Evo 3 Surikarn project onto the Kai conversion set. You can find more about it in the builds section :)

_09B37772.jpg

Beautiful build! :)

Added a few more details to my racing teapot.

2019-05-25_06-05-58

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Well i have spent some money last weekend . Only got the chance to get it on photobucket today . Woohoo .

Two optimas 

One Turbo optima 

One Tomahawk 

One Comical Grasshopper

And

Two Comical Hornet , Have built one , still need to paint body .

image_zpss9dr6vet.jpeg

image_zpsuhvjnrsy.jpeg

All from Hobby shops . Need too keep them going :D ..

• Like 10

Took the F1 cars to the school today and had a great time. Both performed flawlessly. It was funny when the F103 stopped working after about 10mins. Scratching my head trying to work it out and realised the battery was flat. Who would've thought a 1400mah pack from the 90s behaves exactly like it did in the 90s. I forgot what those days were like.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, matman said:

Well i have spent some money last weekend . Only got the chance to get it on photobucket today . Woohoo .

Two optimas 

One Turbo optima 

One Tomahawk 

One Comical Grasshopper

And

Two Comical Hornet , Have built one , still need to paint body .

image_zpss9dr6vet.jpeg

image_zpsuhvjnrsy.jpeg

All from Hobby shops . Need too keep them going :D ..

Wow 👍

At long last finished my 2nd set of Scorcher wheels this morning-not perfect but not to shabby either 👍

96C810C0-579D-4622-91C0-1D4CBC133F3B.jpeg

• Like 7

Oh and I bought a used vintage Kyosho Beetle  yesterday which I’m really excited about 😊

Can’t afford it or justify it, but it is my birthday week after next 🙈

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

At long last finished my 2nd set of Scorcher wheels this morning-not perfect but not to shabby either 👍

96C810C0-579D-4622-91C0-1D4CBC133F3B.jpeg

Nice! Perfect to my eyes.  Did you use a loupe?