Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder what happened to my LB from ‘87 after I swapped it for an air rifle in ‘89... 

Anyway, some 2019 Lunchbox tinkering went on today. Fitted a TBLM10.5T with an adjustable mount and 18 tooth pinion. Reset the ESC high point accordingly & noticed it got hot just driving round indoors (a lot of wheelies!) so fitted the TFU01 fan.

47989199587_f5078dc011_b.jpg

Then Wild Willy rear wheels with frog hex adapters, foam inserts all round. CVA short shock set x2 fitted with plans to add the ampro diff lock, reinforced wide A arms and trans brace when they arrive :D

• Like 1

Rebuilt the Top Force gear boxes, refreshed some bearings and fitted tamiya locking hexes as I was fed up of losing the pins all the time!

Also sprayed up a new body so it matches the Egress a bit.

20190603_110648.thumb.jpg.5caa33b121e5abd91b32cd3ff0a03515.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Very nice! Similar in overall look to my Manta Ray.

2019-03-30_09-34-46

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ran my TRF211 after making a few mods. It was MEGA! 

20190603_204419 20190603_204355

I have been a bit in dumps about it recently after it was a bit rubbish at the last track day. Did a bit of weighing and measuring yesterday because i got myself one of the hop up brass weight front suspension blocks. Anyway, unmolested but ready to run the car weighed 1380grams. That's 100grams under minimum BRCA weight! The new front weight is 30 grams, so i stuck 55 grams of adhesive weights on the floor of the tub under the battery. After that i checked the ride height and it was 24mm. Most racers are running 18mm on astro! I didn't fancy going that low but my new front arms don't have mangled outer holes like the old ones so i simply moved the shocks out at both ends, dropping it to 21mm. I also decided to ditch all the hacks and bodges to get 12mm front hexes on it and put it bqck as tamiya intended, with 3/8" axles to run Schumacher Flexlite slim front wheels. All that added up to it being brilliant tonight. Stable and easy to handle and sooooo fast. Very little grip rolling. Lovely! 

• Like 6

I just bought a MST MTX-1 MONSTERTRUCK :)

Its a nice looking truck, I cant wait to have it here

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

photos when that happens please Danny :D

Decent progress on my pajero rebuild/restomod (see vintage discussion thread) And went for a walk with my better half after work. My Stadium Blitzer absolutely ripped with a sensored 13.5t motor on 3s and she had fun bombing round my Manta Raycecraft until we strayed into the thicker woods and said goodbye to a dogbone. I have just ordered upgrades for this car. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong area. An £8 parts tree and a new dogbone (maybe it's time for universals?) And it should be running. 

61612871_600434600366552_481200971838390

Finished stripping down my WW2 and it’s now ready for me to clean and then reassemble. 

I decided not to strip the body and creat a lot of additional work, but instead I will clean up and detail what is actually already decent enough.   

I also sorted through the last of my SRB spares, a tidy and and mini stock check. 

Very little left now, which is great after years of Tamiya gluttony 💥

Got some more spraying done. The Buggy Champ body now in two tone, really happy with the self priming White Knight enamel. The metallic dark grey came up a treat, it does have a couple of blemishes from muck floating about while the last coat was drying, but this will be a runner shell as I don't want to wreck the red shell I have. Just some decals to finish off.

As its getting colder here at night now I covered the Brat body with some nice 'Holden Prussian Steel' in between spraying the Buggy Champ. Almost had a heart attack as I thought I'd emptied the Prussian Steel can only to realise I'd forgotten the Tail Gate whilst taking things back to the hobby room before the damp air set in. Turned out there was enough in the can to cover it before it started blowing fresh air. Phew :)

SB0xY91l.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, dannymulder said:

Never heard of it but that is one cool looking chassis! ^_^

I gave my new build cc-01 a nice run in the forest, I love this chassis, I had one before and sold it then I regret I sold it, I am happy I bought a new one.

I run it for 75 minutes to storage level, I am happy that I put a brushless motor in it even in todays warm weather the motor stays cold.

IMG_20190604_133735.jpg

• Like 5

After many months of much deliberation of trying to decide between an Super Astute, Top Cat or Lancia XV-01 I ordered the Couger KC that's now on sale.... Obviously.. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

After many months of much deliberation of trying to decide between an Super Astute, Top Cat or Lancia XV-01 I ordered the Couger KC that's now on sale.... Obviously.. 

:D I know how that goes, the hole month  I can't make up my mind between the konghead, kyosho scorpion or a hobao hyper vs, and I bought yesterday a mst- mtx1 for a nice price.

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2019 at 1:00 PM, Nicadraus said:

Use the Tamiya aluminum motor mount instead. No grinding nor noise problems and more pinion option too.

This is the one you want:

06.22.2016-19.14.png

06.22.2016-19.16.png

06.22.2016-19.18.png

• Like 1

Start to refurbish my Blitzer Beetle body. Have removed the stickers which already has peeled of on the edges. Have not completely decided which way to go but have still a lot of work stripping down the paint and sticker glue which stayed completely on the body.

Is it possible to put the hard body in the dishwasher without ruin neither the body nor the dishwasher? Will paint be removed by the dishwasher?

S3_JATz_R4J9HaEiHJhPkVu7p94j7t1vf8OI2ipC

2 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Start to refurbish my Blitzer Beetle body. Have removed the stickers which already has peeled of on the edges. Have not completely decided which way to go but have still a lot of work stripping down the paint and sticker glue which stayed completely on the body.

Is it possible to put the hard body in the dishwasher without ruin neither the body nor the dishwasher? Will paint be removed by the dishwasher?

S3_JATz_R4J9HaEiHJhPkVu7p94j7t1vf8OI2ipC

I don't know about the Blitzer shell but I put a Super Hotshot chassis, with the moulded driver torsoe painted, through the dishwasher. The chassis was fine afterwards and all trace of paint had been removed from the driver.

I didn't paint the driver originally so I don't know what type of paint was used.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

This is the one you want:

06.22.2016-19.14.png

06.22.2016-19.16.png

06.22.2016-19.18.png

Not that but this...

tamiya-54665-3.jpg[/img]

tam54665__49379.1535565795.1280.1280.jpg[/img]

The one you posted is for TT02 and not for CC01.

Been a bit quiet on the Tamiya front recently.

Gearing up for my Agrios build next month.

Having originally considered the Spektrum multi-channel tx, I stumbled across the Fly Sky / Turnigy GT5 so ordered a tx and a couple of extra Rx, all for considerably less than the cost of the Spektrum tx and one rx.

My old boss used to say 'buy cheap, buy twice' but plenty of people seem to get on ok with Flysky stuff so...fingers crossed....

Spend wayyyy to much time again with relic software !

Had to tweak the Phantom 1 a bit , ( yep.. yep.. it still lives ) , but it turns out the nazaa control software does not work on my current pc.

The work-around tricks did not work to get it going on windows 10 ,  i'm just not the IT guy ;p

So, off to the garage.. where i got this old XP box running to run even older software , the control software of the Nomadio radio set.

E voila!  and the little old survivor drone could be controlled again .

Mutters something about backwards compatible. 

Oh, and finally got in my shipment of zap-a-dap-goo  ,  remember kids.. this stuff is the duck tape, tie wraps and glue all in one for the rc builder :)

Ran my Thunder Dragon last night, which was lovely. It is running a bit lumpy though. I think i need to get inside the gearboxes and make sure everything is ok. 

A bit of a garden Grand Prix this afternoon with my SRB chassis sporting its new runner body. Some Stadium Blitzer decals help tie in the wheels against the green & grey livery. And Once Zimbi heard it rip she was keen to join in.

FqkQbRml.jpg

g3AjaQtl.jpg

kkVajHEl.jpg

cuBwCOwl.jpg

MZx7jbAl.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:26 PM, Pauli330 said:

Thanks to @Madcaper for the great help this beauty arrived some days ago. So one to build and one to keep NIB. :D

IMG_20190426_171714-2320x1305-2.jpg

IMG_20190426_171757-2320x1305-2.jpg

Hi Paul

You´re welcome!

Nice Car. Can you Show the assembled car please? Which Color did you used?

• Like 3

and I took my Avante inspired Avante Black Special out for a ride .... :lol:

IMG_20190601_110836.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bit more rebuilding on the Procat after a few odds and ends arrived.

Made up and fitted the steering rods, mounted the front shocks.

Then I got the soldering iron out to resolder the balls to the anti roll bar. I'm amazed they were still on there seeing as 13 year old me was a bit haphazard with the soldering gun back then. But they weren't on "square" so needed some attention.

Once the anti roll bar was sorted I made the most of having the iron out by fitting an XT60 connector to the new ESC.

Which then lead on to me being able to hook the ESC up to my laptop and upgrade the firmware.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

MZx7jbAl.jpg

Im not a rough rider fan, but something just looks right with this pic. Its not the dog, but for some reason it makes me want one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1