Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Up the park in the playground with an ORV. This time it was my B&Wfoot wearing the Bush (basher) Devil shell. Brushless power with a 5000mAh nimh just keeps going! So much fun and still some battery left at home time :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Took a few photos before giving my Top Force its first run. After twenty minutes at the park my pinion gear got loose but for those twenty minutes it was the best!

IMG_0209

Great paint job, looks fantastic in that colour 👍🏻.

This would be something for @Jonathon Gillham to consider 😁😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cut my lawn, had to because it was getting to long to run any cars on 😃. Put a battery on charge in the mean time so the Blackfoot came out once it was ready.

Masked up a Brat lexen body, still deciding what colour paint tins to use up for this 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Masked up a Brat lexen body, still deciding what colour paint tins to use up for this 🤔

Blue is in vogue :P

6 hours ago, J@mes said:

Blue is in vogue :P

Funny you should say that, 

ZnYArRfl.jpg

Only just had enough blue for these stripes, but I had plenty of black :D.         Is there anything shinier then freshly pealed off protective film from gloss black painted Lexan though???

• Like 5

I have been suffering a bit of Tamiya fatigue recently. It didn’t help that my garage is in a bit of a state, my cars are disorganised after a recent run out.

So I put my thoughts down on paper, cataloguing each model and status.

It turns out, I have 25 cars :o.

3 are ready to run

3 need minor fixes to bring to runner status 

6 projects need finishing 

2 projects are yet to be started

7 cars need restoration 

3 cars are NIB

1 is a shelfer

Of the 25, the largest number of multiples is four ORV but none of them run (yet).

Now I can prioritise some quick fixes to get working through my queue. Fingers crossed there will be some painting weather on 30 July.

• Like 1

Wife gave me a couple of bookshelves from her classroom so I was able to 'Zhuzh' up my display as Edd China would say. My old shelf now holds all my miscellaneous boxes and stuff. 

9c7864c86cf8b2aec08e7622ba404cac.jpg

• Like 6

Fitted the ESC into my Procat along with the servo saver and steering link.

I tried a NIP vintage Schumacher servo saver first, but it didn't sit very well on the servo and the servo had too much torque and would dislodge the spring.

So I ditched that and fitted a Kimbrough style one instead.

• Like 1

Finished my Proline 2017 Ford F150 Raptor body for my DT03.

Proline 2017 Ford F150 Raptor body for Pro MT, fitted to a Tamiya DT03 Chassis by CTE RC Proline 2017 Ford F150 Raptor body for Pro MT, fitted to a Tamiya DT03 Chassis by CTE RC

Really happy with it. Looks rad! Details on how I did it over on my build thread.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Proline 2017 Ford F150 Raptor body for Pro MT, fitted to a Tamiya DT03 Chassis by CTE RC Proline 2017 Ford F150 Raptor body for Pro MT, fitted to a Tamiya DT03 Chassis by CTE RC

Really happy with it. Looks rad! 

Step aside Traxxas, this bad boy is comin’ through 😁

Wow, another marvelous creation Mr @ThunderDragonCy, that’s Rad alright 👍🏻

• Like 2

Sounds like a busy summer for you @Badcrumble. It’s good to get organized, I really need to give it try too.

Out of curiosity, are all 4 ORV’s not running due to a common fault? 

12 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Sounds like a busy summer for you @Badcrumble. It’s good to get organized, I really need to give it try too.

Out of curiosity, are all 4 ORV’s not running due to a common fault? 

More like a slow couple of years! One ORV is my ‘All Metal Frog’ which is static on my desk at work, such is it’s beauty.

The second is a ‘bitsa’ I bought on eBay which ought to run OK but I need to check over and the last two are piles of bits..literally.

I suffer with too many ideas, get too easily distracted and never have enough time.

• Like 1

Bought my self a used DF-03 MS. So if anyone know of a mint body with decals, i would be interested or just the decals.  Also if you know anyone that could airbrush the body in the ms livery, let me know. 

IMG_20190618_234007_zpsnpfjg70d.jpg

I also swapped a vanquish + some money for a New built Dyna Blaster

IMG_20190617_054415_zpsellluz12.jpg

And I added som mci decals on my runner Avante 2001 and did the tire letters in yellow.

IMG_20190614_230124_zpseo98geu7.jpg

IMG_20190615_105323_zps0pntz5ri.jpg

IMG_20190618_144719_zpsu4ota2g8.jpg

Ok all this didn't happend today, but in the last couples of days :) 

• Like 8

I’ve renewed my subscription to the main site, so I have (and will be) started updating my showroom B)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Really happy with it. Looks rad! Details on how I did it over on my build thread.

OMG! that looks amazing! Love that! 

• Like 1

Almost finished my Procat.

Soldered some connectors onto the motor and the ESC leads. I used these connectors https://hobbyking.com/en_us/gold-plated-spring-connector-3-5mm-10pair-20pc.html as the female side fits a treat to the connections on Speed Passion motors.

Although in this case I've fitted a Reedy 10.5T so have soldered the male connectors to the tabs on the motor.

@ThunderDragonCy that might be of interest to you as you said to let you know how the connectors worked out.

I also got the receiver mounted and then fitted a TBG top belt cover.

Main jobs left are to sort the body, undertray and wing, then tidy up the cabling. After that it can have it's first run for 25 years or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would usually play it cool and wait til I got my hands on something but I’m so excited that I’ve got to spill it, I’VE BOUGHT A CLOD! 

48093931786_efe5e1d577_b.jpg

Old school like the one in the Tamiya catalogue pictures I drooled over as a kid. Looking forward to getting it & making it mine! :D

• Like 7

Started work on the M-05. These little chassis Just fly together, its about half-way done in 1 hour. ^_^

With the 4300KV motor I still have, it should be quite the little rocket.:D

• Like 2

Bought new sets of 100mm (grey) and 110mm (blue) shocks to replace the front dampers. The middle one is the nicest of the three. Better rebound and very smooth damping.

ClU415yh.jpg

QBQAjW7h.jpg

The ESC and servo are waterproof but the RX isn't. So I ordered a case for the RX and fabricated a new ESC tray from a 2mm carbon fiber plate. Re-arranged the wires and concealed what I could to make it look cleaner.

5br2UgGh.jpg

3iBX5YQh.jpg

Stripped all of my alloy & carbon parts from across a few models & fitted them to a single car. I’m not sure if I’m feeling the blue anodising though so I might strip all the parts off & remove it;

48085807847_22404d4f56_b.jpg

Finished and had a small testrun with the M-05 chassis. ^_^

First impressions: Quick, very bouncy on the pavement stones, and in need of better grip than the tamiya tires can provide.

So oil shocks at some point and does anybody have tips for aftermarket tires? Preferebly some that can fit these rims?

CbWcsEw.jpg

Need to finish the wiring, and place the body mounts for the Mini Cooper body I have for it. :D

• Like 1

The 1150 bearings turned up so i got to work on sorting my DF01. Despite a cracked tub and fairly grubby, the internals are almost spotless. It's clearly been well used, but only on a silver can with its original MSC. Didn't replace anything in the front gearbox except for bearings replacing bushings. Rear gearbox got a full set of bearings and 50529 plastic gearset. The shocks were predictably disgusting, but cleaned up ok. Couple of the shafts were bent so ordered replacements, ready for fresh oil and red o-rings. 

I've been in a tamiya limbo for a while. The wife and I separated in February, so i moved in with a friend (wink wink), the problem is there isn't much space to work on my cars, or display them, thankfully just enough storage.

I semi completed my lunchbox a couple of months ago, a little rough, but turned out ok. 

I'm also working on a new build, trying to go completely non box art. 

And I bought an OG Scorcher last night, it should be here next week, can't wait for that one, i'm hoping a clean and a new eye is all it needs.

IMG_20190621_132433.jpg

IMG_20190621_132452.jpg

IMG_20190621_132359.jpg

IMG_20190621_132412.jpg

• Like 4

I ordered a fan mount for my HB418 and then realised I've only got a week until I need the car built and i haven't started. Well, I told the guy who's painting the body what I want, but that doesn't count. I'm now about 2/3 of the way through the build and its going together really nicely, which is to be expected really since its a race kit and not cheap. The quality is fantastic but for some reason I still think the TRF102 is somehow nicer which is weird since this kit is the same level as a TRF kit. Maybe its because it came with 2 flat spanner things instead of a hex wrench?