Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today saw my wife and I taking inventory of the metal parts and fasteners that arrived with my £15 Thundershot carcass, then searching our stash for replacements for those that were missing. Apart from a 12.5mm brass tube, an axle, a few 12mm self tappers, screw pins and 3mm flanged nuts, everything was either present with the carcass or found somewhere in our stash, so it looks like I won't need to spend much on new metal.

The plastics are another story. The main chassis is toast, as are the gearboxes, and the lower suspension arms all show the whitening of so-called plastic fatigue in places. Rear bumper, shock tower, lower arm mount, servo posts and body posts are all missing entirely, but luckily these all come on the same sprue which is currently on its way from Norway. A new gearset is also going to be needed as the rear diff is missing from the carcass, as is the servo saver, so apart from the C parts, F parts and bumper, the plastics are all going to be new. But ordering them will have to wait for payday...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

That's too bad it rubs, because the overall look is perfect!  Any chance to give the body another 5 mm of lift or something else to help with clearance?

Right now I dont feel I would like to mess with the body but on the other hand lifting the body would raise CG and Im not sure I want that either. I will test drive it and decide later :)

Bought a B-parts tree for my TT-01 to get the body mounts last week. Except the auction site seller (online hobby shop) forgot to ship it last week...So much for that "Fast N Free" BS. With the "Murrica Freedom! Holiday" happening this week (, I'm sure I'll have to wait to get them on Saturday.:angry: 

• Like 1

Mounted some more bling onto my Top-Force's (The silver parts)

IMG_20190701_224715_zpsy8zk9qcx.jpg

And the silver part at the rear gearbox lid. 

IMG_20190701_233624_zps50ysrwnd.jpg

• Like 4

Waiting on parts from HK to progress with my WW2.

Listed some more spares for sale as I get to them. 

Looking forward to receiving my Super Champ.

Resisting all urges to buy anything RC related.

Decided to put the Kyosho Beetle up for sale as it will be a year before I get to it.

Going to the PO today to post some sold parts to the new owner 👍 

• Like 1

After recently helping a relative pack up their house, I decided on not buying more kits or parts until I tidy up every RC thing I already have.  I thought I'd seen bad house moving before but this was an ongoing nightmare for several days.  The problem was nobody knew until the last minute she is basically a hoarder and after weeks of her saying everything was fine and sorted out, it was apparent things were not fine.  Nothing like seeing (and trying to solve) someone else's disaster to get motivated.

I've broken down nearly all my kit boxes.  I kinda liked the idea of having all the boxes to match the cars but in reality there just isn't space to store or display them.  Now my cars and parts are in stackable plastic storage containers.  I can see it'll be a matter of fine-tuning things to fit better and be more organized but I'm calling it mission accomplished for now.  Time to reward myself with a purchase I think.

• Like 3

Not been on here for 3 months or so, too many other things going on.

Last night I boxed up my 10 built cars/trucks, NIB's, old boxes, spares, hop-ups, shells, transmitters, chargers, paint and tools and took them all to a storage unit.

Hopefully we're moving house soon, first time in 21 years.  Afterwards, I'll need to review how much space we have versus how much stuff, and have a think about what's important.  That applies to everything, not just RC.  My life needs decluttering a bit.

• Like 1

Ran the F150 again. Turned the timing right down on the ESC to get the motor temp down and got nearly an hour of flat out running! Loved it. Really into running this again now i have the new shell

20190702_205057

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Gained some unexpected Tamiya time so tidied up the XV-01T I seem to have been building forever. Body posts, front bumper and battery tray.

The delay is mainly because I’m not happy with the hash I made of trimming the body. For the most part it is OK but I’m not happy with the arches. I have sanded down the roughest of edges but there are some horrible shapes where there should be nice curves. 

I had planned on a complex (for me) paintjob and custom decals but worry that it will be like sticking lipstick on a pig - it’s still a pig.

On the flipside, it doesn’t matter if I screw up the paint! I could keep the decals for a second try...

EDIT: MCI have 15% off for 24 hours. It must be a sign - order a second set and press on regardless!!

• Like 4

As there is a lack of hobby shops where I live, I made a pig of myself and visited 3 today while in Brisbane. 

Shop 1, mainly deals in Aircraft & Traxxas, but I went there for 2x Futaba 203 receivers , Lipo alarm, and a round edge ( Tamiya stick pack shaped ) Gen+2 2s Lipo with XT60 connector with adapter for Deans Traxxas & Tamiya plugs as both my NiMH batteries are on the way out.

Shop 2, Tamiya Sport Tuned Motor, & some hardened pinion gears. Also found out that the Wild One could be available around September again 😁

Shop 3, Some spare XT60 connectors and a couple more Pinions. 

Tried the new 2s briefly in the dark on the driveway in the Sport Turned Brat and certainly adds a bit of pep to its step. All in all a great day 👍🏻

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

orderd more paint to finish of the reefer trailer as i have given up on trying to get made the decal i wanted .

and also a 1/4 ltr of airbrush paint to do a little display car 

Ordered more decals from MCI. 

Now, must get painting....one day...

On 6/28/2019 at 1:19 PM, Hobgoblin said:

MadMantaHopperBullThrasherThing  = ThunderThunderCougarFalconBird ?

I had a decent day, began decaling the Pajero I still need to finish painting but I figure I can start the front while the rear still needs colours I don't have. 

SsAswyf.jpg

4FnmjHi.jpg

I also began trimming my 5 turbo body for my m chassis touring car come rally. 

cm4EJQ8.jpg

I must ask, where could I get that Renault body?   

Which M chassis is it? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Ran the F150 again. Turned the timing right down on the ESC to get the motor temp down and got nearly an hour of flat out running! Loved it. Really into running this again now i have the new shell

20190702_205057

How has the rear suspension held up? I literally broke my rear arm twice and the rear turnbuckle twice from the gearbox on both sides. I eneded up selling my dt03t because of this. I was running a castle 5700 which made it fly, it wasnt the power either because one time the truck slid off my stand and fell literally 3 feet and the arm snapped off. 

@Juggular

It is made by Mon-tech but came with Schumacher badges on the bag. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/montech-turbo-5-1-10-body-for-tamiya-mini/rc-car-products/430004

I really like the body though it is a little thin. I have the tamiya decal set on order from mci but I don't expect a perfect fit, obviously. I will be painting it black, yellow and white. My coworker wants me to paint it black and red as his father owned one way back when and he used to drive it upon occasion. Envy much!

nwShLHH.jpg

The back is fairly spot on, the front less so. I have some plans to add some lights. I will magnet/Velcro mounting the body.

The chassis is a BSR M-rage chassis. 4wd mini touring car with 210mm wheelbase. I'm potentially making a solid aluminium chassis for it to be more 'rally' suitable. In my build page there is a short build and write up on the car. You can pick them up for £80-100.

• Thanks 1

I just bought a konghead, I  wanted one for a long time , it is in the weekly sale on tamico for 133 euro for that price I could not let it go.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

I just bought a konghead, I  wanted one for a long time , it is in the weekly sale on tamico for 133 euro for that price I could not let it go.

Yay!  Another Konghead!  

Full ball bearings, very light grease, and some diff putty can make Kongheads bullet proof.  

Looking forward to seeing your Konghead?  

10 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

How has the rear suspension held up? I literally broke my rear arm twice and the rear turnbuckle twice from the gearbox on both sides. I eneded up selling my dt03t because of this. I was running a castle 5700 which made it fly, it wasnt the power either because one time the truck slid off my stand and fell literally 3 feet and the arm snapped off. 

It has been good as gold. Still on my original gearbox and arms two years in. The most power i have run is 4400kv and i found that a bit much. This is on 3450kv and is plenty. As a general rule it has been very tough. That said as you can see i geberally run in wide open spaces, but it has also survived some cartwheels at tje track.

• Like 1

Made somd cool pictures with my friends yesterday. Man, I want to buy a ducati. Yesterday I've learned its a way of living not just lifestyle :D

PUFcTIQ.jpg

zCyZvJ9.jpg

j835D4I.jpg

More:

Mini and Multistrsda https://imgur.com/gallery/1Otb85X

Also after that nice day, when the night came... I played with my cars a bit... so did  the Mini get a nice charge for his Nimh battery... I decided to put my 3s lipo on my FF03, and my F103GT shall have a 2s lipo.

a01UPoj.jpg

vfzFe9c.jpg

oIV0lUt.jpg

A little bit of tire changing... I tend to recycle rims and inserts.

F7OSLx8.jpg

QqMs4uS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mj6WgAw.jpg

And my M01 Mini

https://i.imgur.com/oJlZKq0.jpg

• Like 1