Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just packed the Kyosho and booked Parcel Force. 

That’s  about the sum total of my Tamiyaness today 😉

XV01 tinkering today. Switched the 10.5t out for a 17.5t, and tried some tweaking on the esc. Motor seems better, but the ESC (Revention R) is still at bit odd with the brake and finding reverse. Gave it a clean and washed the body down. Nothing seemed broken on the car, so I didn’t find any excuses for hop ups. ;)

Fitted a TFU-01 to the TBLE-02 in my TT-01.

2019-07-09_11-56-42

• Like 2

Drove 1 hour to pick up this literally new tamiya nsx raybrig tg10mk1 for 30 euro. :)

IMG-20190709-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190709-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20190709_174203.jpg

• Like 8

I sold 2 sets of wheels today, but they seem to be breeding.

I can think of at least 3 or 4 more sets I can sell.

I’m sure I’m not alone with this problem 😳

• Like 2

Bought two more storage boxes to add to the towers at the back of the garage.

Put a loaner Dual Hunter in one and my WW2 in the other - finally a box tall enough to take the car with the body on.

Then found a bag of bits I was looking for the other day.

Which means I'll need another box....

36 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

I sold 2 sets of wheels today, but they seem to be breeding.

I can think of at least 3 or 4 more sets I can sell.

I’m sure I’m not alone with this problem 😳

No definitely not 

What wheels are up for sale next? 😉

PO run this morning, 2 sets of wheels and a model off to their new owners.

I’m going to concentrate on finishing the WW2 now otherwise I will get Tamiyatracted by other elements of this very absorbing  hobby 🙈

3 cool models on their way and 2 imminent parts deliveries outstanding to look forward too 👍

12 hours ago, svenb said:

No definitely not 

What wheels are up for sale next? 😉

Hi Sven,

All off road wheel/tyre combos next, sorry bud.

Super Champ 

Wild One

Rough Rider

Probably not your thing 😉

Picked up this little beauty this morning:D ordered from my almost LHS he give me a good price match and then 5% aswell (happy days👍) got to support our local shops I could have went online and got it the next day at my door but it took just over a week and there is still something exciting about going over to pick it up an order! I didn't bother getting a steering servo for it (gives me an excuse to go back to the shop) 

20190710_141013.jpg

• Like 8

This afternoon I made a start on bringing the Fighter Buggy RX that I acquired a while ago back to life.

There is something about the yellowed plastic body shell that makes it look it's age in a good way. However I wasn't a huge fan of how some parts were very yellow and some parts were almost plain white. So in order to capture the look of age while giving a uniform finish, I have just sprayed it with Tamiya Racing White, which is more of an ivory in reality. This captures the character of an old body shell, while still looking fresh and clean, to my eye at rate.

• Like 2

Paid a customs and inspeciton fee. :(.

It does mean that I have a parcel coming my way :D

But if it works, I'll need another one..which could mean another fee :(

On 7/9/2019 at 6:59 PM, TurnipJF said:

Fitted a TFU-01 to the TBLE-02 in my TT-01.

2019-07-09_11-56-42

Nice! What is the RPM speed of that fan. The two fan blades on my ESC broke and I need a replacement soon.

A quick project car...

My cousin asked me to rebuild his vintage FF01. It was all stock and very, very dirty a it was left in a storage for more than 15 years. It had normal Futaba 3003 servos and a mechanical speed control with stock 540 mabuchi motor. 

I disassembled the entire kit including the gearbox, differential and cleaned all the bearings. Washed all the plastic parts from the chassis, suspension, gearbox. I also repaired the cracked front shock tower with steel epoxy and re-inforced with carbon fiber bits.

M175Ymwl.jpg

JZY8qbsl.jpg

pvhYDFQl.jpg

6ZFeamRl.jpg

I ordered a 1060 ESC bundled with a 21t motor. A low profile digital servo with metal gears from JX, a new TX/TX (Flysky GT2B).

MqHthNQl.jpg

jIESjWTl.jpg

I replaced the stock dampers with a classic aluminum dampers which I've removed from my FF01 (replaced with TRF shocks). Upgraded the rear upper suspension arm with turnbuckles.

YQqf55Hl.jpg

5WEOzNwl.jpg

hdBnktSl.jpg

I also repaired the cracked front shock tower with steel epoxy and re-inforced with carbon fiber bits.

ie2cj9Al.jpg

This kit will run as a FWD rally car. Wheels and tires are to be replaced too. Here is the height now but it should go a little higher with rally block tires.

7Iz4YL1l.jpg

Installed the electronics...

LqL6yxil.jpg

ukAtWQ5l.jpg

57hcZtKl.jpg

Now it inspired me to run my FF01 again. But as a rally car too. B)

• Like 3

Managed to grab a half hour running my F150 before the thunder storm hit. It is running so nicely. New rear tyres did the trick and it was loads of fun. Even did a spot of light trail running on the way back, which was ace. I can see why some of you guys like having a trail truck. 

Also fitted some new rear uprights which arrived for my Thunder Dragon. Usual geeking on the build thread 😉

More progress on my Falcon parts.

Still need to work out a more permanent solution to the fronts or just bite the bullet and buy ampro ones :)

sc5T3Gq.jpg

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Nice! What is the RPM speed of that fan. The two fan blades on my ESC broke and I need a replacement soon.

No idea I'm afraid. The RPM isn't mentioned in the manual or the online description. 

• Like 1

Gave FAV 1 a little run around the garden this morning which was nice.

Realised it has 4x 915’s on it and motor upgrade as well 👍

After many months I built up my mf01x. Runs fine, but a couple of oddities 

1) the right rear upper arms bids on the gearbox.

2) the left rear dogbone seems a fraction too short, so pops at full extension.

I haven’t found my mistake yet, and 1) I think is a quirk, but I was surprised none the less.

However with my Suzuki body on I’m excited to get it running. I started on the stickers this evening, but plenty more to do :)

39 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

2) the left rear dogbone seems a fraction too short, so pops at full extension.

This is a common problem.  The damper needs a spacer put in it to limit the travel slightly.

• Like 1

Fitted my new rear tyres and servo saver to my Stampede. Need to go get the body (same one as picture) I bought for it and cut it out and paint it, but have to go and see if I have enough paint first (probably same colour).

Would also like to fit the DDS unit to my kenworth/globe this weekend, a decision made easier as I just realised the instructions are missing from the box, which make it no longer NIB.

IhyKehG.jpg

• Like 5

Been very busy since I picked up my turbo optima (rc busy) on Wednesday! I made the decision to build it straight away because if I didn't it would have gone to the "ta do list" 🙄 I've put 2s and brushless in it and I must say what an absolutely quality build👍definitely up there with the SRB'S and avante everything just slotted together with ease!

20190713_203706.jpg

• Like 8

Also made the decision to build my avante black after having it sitting in the man cave still in its shrink wrapping for a fair few years🤔 the reason was because I managed to get a technigold that was in fantastic condition and deserved to be put in something a little bit special!. This was the first time I've built two rc's one after another and because of the superb quality of both I could have done another two👍

20190713_122335.jpg

• Like 11