Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, firefoxussr said:

I'm converting my M06 911 GT2 to another rear-engine RWD car.  I bought a copy of the 3D printable file and modified it to fit a 239mm config M06, this one is a rough print as I didn't even know if it would fit for sure! I should have the last few pieces printed soon:

Z6X4TOk.jpg

When you finish this, please go back to the 80s and grab me some old school RC goodies. 😅

Good job on that body! 👍

• Like 2

Broke another plastic piece in the steering of my big wheeled DF01. Having replaces the broken knuckles with aluminium parts last week, the steering wiper cracked at the ball nut today. Having been massively let down by crappy jazrider aluminium parts i looked for something else and found some Yeah Racing arms on rcmart. Seeing as i was paying postage i had a quick search for TA06 parts in preparation for my build and got a Yeah Racing alloy steering set, lightweight idler shaft and carbon reinforced shock towers for the princely sum of 7 bucks! Clearly the TA07 has preciptated the offloading of TA06 bits! 

• Like 2

Got stuck into some more Revival prep today...

Swapped out the damaged/failed hinge pin on Boomerang.

Mounted and glued some Schumacher tyres and inserts on a set of Dark Impact wheels.

Built a pair of Manta Ray gear diffs and swapped them into my Top Force in place of the ball diffs.

Fitted the 69t speed tuned spur into the TF with a 23t pinion.

Fitted some alloy gearbox braces to the TF. I need to find a 15mm self tapper to finish the job though.

Swapped the Trackstar Sportsman ESC in the TF for a Hobbywing 10BL120 that I had on hand.

Then I set about stripping and cleaning the original Top Force shocks (not going to race it with shiny hi caps on). Found that the original shocks seem to be re-re ones - they have the one piece piston shafts. And one of the shafts is bent. Got some new (again one piece - they'll do for me) shafts on the way.

Other than rebuilding those shocks it's just a case of setting up ESC's in all of the main cars - Boomer, TF and TXT.

Now I need to remember to take everything I might need.

• Like 2

I’ve had a TT02D kit on the shelf for a while now, so built that’s up today. Stock save for the diff locker I put in the rear. No thought there, just been rattling round my tool box with no specific home. TT02s are fun to put together, I’d forgotten that :) .  My eldest has taken a shine to the F12 TDF body I’d sprayed up (badly), so this might become his road car this weekend 

509-F001-D-9-B11-4677-8-F13-C1-EF499-C51

• Like 7

Actually yesterday but ... managed to FINALLY complete and take pics of my Avante TXR project, and my new Comical Hornet. Time to finally subscribe and open up a show room here, I think. Gratuitous Avante shots incoming!

B474C256-8FBB-41D2-8BD8-083300B791CD.png

• Like 15

Took the Traxxas E-maxx shocks off my Lunchbox that has DT03 front arms and fitted the old Long yellow CVAs I got on ebay last week. They work fantastically and look great too and match the yellow CVAs on the back which was my main incentive for getting them.

The short CVAs no longer worked at the front end with the DT03 arms so I've been looking for something longer which matches cosmetically and these are perfect!

I'm still amazed how well the Lunchbox drives now, it's so planted and stable compared to how it was. It doesn't have a very tight turning circle but I don't want to change it because I think that's part of the secret to it's stability. It can be thrown into corners at speeds that will send my Blackfoot flipping into the next post code!

The only thing is not really good at is spontaneous "freestyle" jumping ie: just jumping off random bumps, terrain and other objects but I don't expect miracles, it's not a Traxxas Slash! If you show it a nice purpose made jump like a skate park ramp or drop off a level surface at speed it will do ok though.

Maybe I can further hone the damping to make it more able to land random jumps but to be honest, i'm already more than pleased with how it runs! It's really cool watching the suspension working up and down, even at the back thanks to the 4 link, it seems much more planted than it used to be.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2019 at 11:31 PM, nowinaminute said:

That's crazy how much got in though, my daughter has a Kumamon buggy that spends half it's life at the beach and it didn't get sand in it like this, silly question but do you have the paper gasket between the motor and gearbox? If you find any major weakness, let us know! I bash a lot in sand and dirt etc so anything that helps to keep sand and grit out is good to know. It might help to go along the gearbox joins with some thick grease when you rebuild. I think some people like @kontemax use strips os self adhesive foam for the same purpose? That seems to work well too.

Yes, I did it.
I used to cut with scissors some strips of sponge and the glue them to one side of the gearbox, then greased them and close the gearbox.
This kept sand, dust and debris out.

Max

• Like 1

I cut and painted a proline Beetle body for my 1/8 HPI stadium truck. 

RgnHha5.jpg

Z82oNLu.jpg

V9le7Iv.jpg

aQmy93X.jpg

Pretty happy with how it came out, I basically did the blitzer paintjob as a loose copy from an image search on my phone. I think it's made me quite confident in doing a 1/10 polycarb body for a Tamiya basher :)

Still a lot of decaling to do and I need to find some 1/8 wheels that look blitzer-ish and paint them if I can't find the right colour.

• Like 17

Setup the ESC's in my Revival runners - Boomerang, Top Force and TXT-2.

It was just a case of calibrating throttle range and picking some starting settings for the programming options.

• Like 1

Finished this FGX EVO 2018 shell.  I'm happy with the color scheme and almost did a Renault theme, but got lazy and used the 3Racing decals instead.  It still needs electronics to take it on a test drive.

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_4092.JPG

IMG_4096.JPG

• Like 15

On 7/18/2019 at 7:43 PM, J@mes said:

I’ve been admiring this behind:

48318541092_4f7aa53840_b.jpg

Ah, yeah, sexiest rear end in the history of RC for sure!!

• Thanks 1

Decided I'd test fit the Savox 0251 "tall" servo from my CC01 in the CR01 before buying another one.  Lucky I did because it doesn't fit.  There's not enough space due to a couple of ball connectors behind it (as shown in the pic) and you can't just move it forward a bit because there's not enough space behind the bumpers.  I could run it without the bumpers but I think I'll play it safe and just get a regular sized servo.  A lower profile servo horn instead of the servo saver could work too perhaps.

MzmfvGA.jpg

Well today is a real momentus day for me. While out doing the weekly food shop i came across my first ever hot wheels super treasure hunt find. Saw it sitting their on one of them racking hangers down the sweet isle. Glad a kid didn't grab it :). I still can't believe I finally found a super treasure hunt.

Woooooooooooo:D

15641423251081878756587.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Finished this FGX EVO 2018 shell.  I'm happy with the color scheme and almost did a Renault theme, but got lazy and used the 3Racing decals instead.  It still needs electronics to take it on a test drive.

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_4092.JPG

IMG_4096.JPG

Perhaps you could do it in the Jordan Buzzin Hornets style in the future?

• Like 1

today i got me a new motor.20190726_134827.thumb.jpg.03dae3184b3c3feef41e84ca9492bca2.jpg

i wonder why they went from the black motor to the silver can. cost? anyway, this ought to be a big step from the torque tuned.

• Like 2

I finished up the driver to replace the one I broke in my blitzer beetle and then I ran my TT-02 rally car with pogo springs.  Oil filled dampers are on my list now.  Still a fun little car.

48375972836_43ae204da2_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48375970901_64e84efcf1_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48375980161_1bff6de8ec_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 78Triumph said:

I finished up the driver to replace the one I broke in my blitzer beetle 

48375972836_43ae204da2_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

208e5ae0-6766-45f6-9b42-1fa67a4640dd_tex

65c8f7_5976ad556ada4a07a9ddde122edcd1ea.

• Like 1

Drove an electric, got asked what "CC" it was.

I get it every time I go out these days.

I've got nothing but love for Nitro but why do the uninitiated still have it in their head that Nitro is the be all and end all of RC after all these years? It would be like people coming up and asking about your discman when clearly it's an ipod.

"whoahh that's well fast, what CC is it?"
"It's electric"
*confused look* "oh right.....it looked like it was fast"
"well it has a brushless motor and it's running on 4s"
*lobotomy face* "my cousin had a petrol one"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Uranium said:

today i got me a new motor.20190726_134827.thumb.jpg.03dae3184b3c3feef41e84ca9492bca2.jpg

Stop the bus!

Is anyone else seeing what im seeing printed on the box? That was never there before!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

Drove an electric, got asked what "CC" it was.

I get it every time I go out these days.

I've got nothing but love for Nitro but why do the uninitiated still have it in their head that Nitro is the be all and end all of RC after all these years? It would be like people coming up and asking about your discman when clearly it's an ipod.

"whoahh that's well fast, what CC is it?"
"It's electric"
*confused look* "oh right.....it looked like it was fast"
"well it has a brushless motor and it's running on 4s"
*lobotomy face* "my cousin had a petrol one"

Lol. I've never owned a petrol/nitro rc car but whenever I see one my first thought is 'holy cow that is slow'.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:57 AM, Hobgoblin said:

I cut and painted a proline Beetle body for my 1/8 HPI stadium truck. 

RgnHha5.jpg

Z82oNLu.jpg

V9le7Iv.jpg

aQmy93X.jpg

Pretty happy with how it came out, I basically did the blitzer paintjob as a loose copy from an image search on my phone. I think it's made me quite confident in doing a 1/10 polycarb body for a Tamiya basher :)

Still a lot of decaling to do and I need to find some 1/8 wheels that look blitzer-ish and paint them if I can't find the right colour.

Fantastic job ;), liking that a lot.

9 hours ago, nbTMM said:

Lol. I've never owned a petrol/nitro rc car but whenever I see one my first thought is 'holy cow that is slow'.

Go watch a 1/8 nitro Onroad

2 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Go watch a 1/8 nitro Onroad

Not slow, but neither is 1/10 EP/TC mod on a big track, or 1/12 pan cars on virtually any track. I was more referring to bashers than on road racing though - if you're on throttle more than you aren't, it's slow :) Most sub-$1k nitro bashers are slow.