Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today I fixed the nastiness on my 419xr. No more black shock caps, has to be worth a couple of tenths :D  

20190730_175353

The offending items pictured, ugh nasty

20190729_080730

I'm waiting on pin vise to finish the TB EVO's shock's, order will be restored soon.

On a serious note the SSBB upgrade kit (54878) is a significant improvement over the stock items and is definitely worth picking up.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

@MadInventor, what are you making now?

Another 6wd truck with the walking beam drive for the rear axle, with hopefully a few improvements over the Scammel I built several years ago. There's a thread in the builds which is now viewable. The leaf springs are temporary until I can get a 4 link system attached. Bodyshell is going to be something off the shelf, with a flatbed on the back. That's the plan at the moment anyway.

• Like 2

Made some progress on the CR01 today after the servo arrived.  I also got a servo horn but for some reason it doesn't fit on the servo.  I tried it on another servo, same problem.  25T should work for both Futaba and Savox servos, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I've gone with the kit saver for now.

31vYj3w.jpg

I've put some more of the chassis together.  It's slowly getting there.

SqnMesV.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blista said:

Made some progress on the CR01 today after the servo arrived.  I also got a servo horn but for some reason it doesn't fit on the servo.  I tried it on another servo, same problem.  25T should work for both Futaba and Savox servos, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I've gone with the kit saver for now.

31vYj3w.jpg

I've put some more of the chassis together.  It's slowly getting there.

SqnMesV.jpg

Strange that because like you say they are both 25t so you should have no problem? Me thinks it could be marked up wrong! I've just bought "another" pair of reading glasses and each arm on said glasses has a different strength marking on them:rolleyes:! So it does happen.

• Like 1

Yesterday, felt sad

479A55F9-AF02-48D9-8361-2EB20DBB0E95.jpg

Today, much happier

D17E97B5-CB99-47CE-8D42-C05CB5C545BA.jpg

Thanks to this...

BC2AF7CD-5664-4094-9B0C-9D765726E066.jpg

I think my obit. will read “slow down, mask carefully”. Still take more care than my wife when she’s decorating the house though :ph34r:

• Like 2

I completed the CR01 chassis last night.  The instruction book seems fairly short until you are building it and see steps that mention things like "Make 16 of these."

MSPKhQT.jpg

Now that it is all done I am quite happy with it.  It's stock other than a 18T steel pinion and bearings.  The kit pinion is 25T but other CR01 kits have a 20T.  The Rock Socker kit also has short barrel springs.

To get it up and running I'm going to steal the ESC and receiver from my CC01 until I buy new ones.  I was going to use my Bronco body but I quite like it on the CC01.  Same with my Unimog.  Given the long wheelbase I'm now wondering about the new CC01 Hilux body.

20 hours ago, moffman said:

Strange that because like you say they are both 25t so you should have no problem? Me thinks it could be marked up wrong!

My initial assumption/hope is always that I've done something wrong that is blindingly obvious to others, so it being the wrong part would be a nice change. :D

• Like 4

I finally built my FF-03 RR (Road Rally). I've got so much spares of the FF03, that the only new items I bought for this build is the YR 60mm shocks and road rally tires.

oz8At97h.jpg

• Like 5

Took my Blitzer Beetle on vacation to the beach with me.  First day out I crashed into a parked cars tire and ripped the rear suspension arm mount off the side of the gearbox.  The 7.5t brushless is handful in this car.

48430237192_52f42bbeb4_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48430095831_853f1434c4_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 78Triumph said:

Took my Blitzer Beetle on vacation to the beach with me.  First day out I crashed into a parked cars tire and ripped the rear suspension arm mount off the side of the gearbox.  The 7.5t brushless is handful in this car.

48430237192_52f42bbeb4_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

48430095831_853f1434c4_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Had this also and this is my solution

RIMG3162.JPG.718e51114a6f70b1b62bfe9536383084.JPGRIMG3165.JPG.02cf8ea77134fab9552112fe834a464f.JPGRIMG3167.JPG.465a8e42f3dee8a272852a10275572fc.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, a.w.k. said:

Had this also and this is my solution

RIMG3162.JPG.718e51114a6f70b1b62bfe9536383084.JPGRIMG3165.JPG.02cf8ea77134fab9552112fe834a464f.JPGRIMG3167.JPG.465a8e42f3dee8a272852a10275572fc.JPG

That's brilliant!  i will be stealing that idea for sure!  Thanks mate!

Continuing the Asterion painting marathon. Hoping that the end results will be worth sharing but I fear there have been a few hiccough along the way.

I’m going to try and remember to write down all the failure points so if I try again in the future, I don’t repeat the same mistakes.

Was quite pleased with my Hornet shell, especially when it catches the light.

C3C7132F-DC56-4752-BD4A-B2048CB5073F.jpg

• Like 6

On 30 July 2019 at 8:08 PM, MadInventor said:

Another 6wd truck with the walking beam drive for the rear axle, with hopefully a few improvements over the Scammel I built several years ago. There's a thread in the builds which is now viewable. The leaf springs are temporary until I can get a 4 link system attached. Bodyshell is going to be something off the shelf, with a flatbed on the back. That's the plan at the moment anyway.

Have you thought about ma body. I'm doing a 6 wheel dynahead with a Unimog 406 cab and a flat bed. Scale wise it seems to work well. 1/8th I think. What scale are you going for! There are some great cab hard bodies around but some like loops are a bit pricey but look fab!

Ar6u182.jpg

Slowly making headway on my Manta Ray, it's more mongrel top force now but I love it. I have a loose intention of taking it to a proper track someday, maybe it could keep up? Still on the list is a new lipo for it, turnbuckles, alu C hubs and universal joints. It all adds up worryingly fast! Long term project :D

• Like 5

Well, I have finished my Asterion.

My cleaning job wasn’t as good as I had hoped so there are a few black marks in the white. 

My first attempt at homebrew window masks resulted in some wavy lines too.

Perhaps it will look better with a few decals on it. TBH, it doesn’t really matter after the hash I made of trimming the shell!!!

0EAF06C3-4BBE-449E-8DCE-963F5AE72BD9.jpg

I do think this is the livery (or a variation thereof) that the XV-01T should have had.

And the moral of the story? Take more time, take more care...

• Like 3

Put the radio gear into the CR01 and put the Bronco body on it.  It's pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.

6qdHOX6.jpg

I still have to set EPA etc but I gave it a short run around to make sure everything works and I don't think I've done anything wrong.  With the locked diffs it has a big turning circle of course, but I'm also not running a rear servo for now.  Hopefully I can get it outside this weekend.

• Like 12

13 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Have you thought about ma body. I'm doing a 6 wheel dynahead with a Unimog 406 cab and a flat bed. Scale wise it seems to work well. 1/8th I think. What scale are you going for! There are some great cab hard bodies around but some like loops are a bit pricey but look fab!

Going to be 1/10th if possible. Pricey is still better than scratch building !

i got a steel pinion by hot racing for my TT02 to replace my HPI one. before i take it out for a drive, has anyone used an HR pinion and is it good?

3 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Going to be 1/10th if possible. Pricey is still better than scratch building !

True. Look forward to seeing what you choose. 

14 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Well, I have finished my Asterion.

My cleaning job wasn’t as good as I had hoped so there are a few black marks in the white. 

My first attempt at homebrew window masks resulted in some wavy lines too.

Perhaps it will look better with a few decals on it. TBH, it doesn’t really matter after the hash I made of trimming the shell!!!

0EAF06C3-4BBE-449E-8DCE-963F5AE72BD9.jpg

I do think this is the livery (or a variation thereof) that the XV-01T should have had.

And the moral of the story? Take more time, take more care...

Red Bull!!!!

17 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Red Bull!!!!

I’ve got some Red Bull stickers but I’m going for this...

0B75BFEB-E4E2-413E-B0DF-1F26EF0D0A49.png

Photo courtesy of rcscrapyard.net

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hobgoblin said:

Ar6u182.jpg

Slowly making headway on my Manta Ray, it's more mongrel top force now but I love it. I have a loose intention of taking it to a proper track someday, maybe it could keep up? Still on the list is a new lipo for it, turnbuckles, alu C hubs and universal joints. It all adds up worryingly fast! Long term project :D

thats a beaut :wub:

i started doing the same with my original manta-ray back in 1992 then like a fool i sold it luckly i still know where it isand hopefully one day it will come home 

• Like 1

A month ago I bought a konghead, after a month thinking what to do with it, make a basher car out of it with long suspension arms or make it a crawler scale truck, I decided to make a crawler scale truck of it, because it is never going to be a high speed basher and it looks much nicer as a scale truck.

I ordered some crawler tires, wheels, cvd,s alloy c hubs and knuckles and a lot of other stuf today, so when it arrives the build can begin.

7 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I’ve got some Red Bull stickers but I’m going for this...

0B75BFEB-E4E2-413E-B0DF-1F26EF0D0A49.png

Photo courtesy of rcscrapyard.net

thats really cool. I was going to offer you some Red Bull stickers that I might use on a Stadium Blitzer shell. Can you get these decals with proper sponsers rather than Tamiya jumble