Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finished working on my FF-03 RR this week. Today I did a test run. Very happy with the result. 

CF ESC and servo/RX tray

afixL8mh.jpg

New stuff. Sanwa MT-44 and Tamiya tool set

tYon0xLh.jpg

Changed the steering wheel and installed handle grip wrap

ZprBlPQh.jpg

Electronics installed with the RX-482 (installed them on both FF-03 cars)

9UvN3CIh.jpg

w6Um1bSh.jpg

NijspfYh.jpg

• Like 6

did some laser cutting today as well as testing cutting and etching acrylic. Now I can make my now personalised rc car stands.

laser-cut-car-stand-1.jpg

laser-cut-car-stand-2.jpg

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

did some laser cutting today as well as testing cutting and etching acrylic. Now I can make my now personalised rc car stands.

Looks great . What are you using ? . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matman said:

Looks great . What are you using ? . 

cutting in this case is 5 mm clear acrylic, I also have plenty of 3 mm white which I might try, but the etching doesn't stand out as much unless I fill it with some paint.

• Like 1

I finished the facelift of my wt-01, put on  a new ford f150 body and black wr-02 wheels and tires.

It looks a lot better then before, it had an ugly double blaze body on it and I don't like the look of the wr-01 spiked tires.

The first picture is the before how it was.

IMG_7031.JPG

IMG_7205.JPG

IMG_7208.JPG

IMG_7209.JPG

IMG_7210.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dannymulder said:

I finished the facelift of my wt-01, put on  a new ford f150 body and black wr-02 wheels and tires.

It looks a lot better then before, it had an ugly double blaze body on it and I don't like the look of the wr-01 spiked tires.

The first picture is the before how it was.

Now THAT is a great idea!!!! Love IT!^_^

Built and installed an AW grease-slowed diff for my RWD 4WS M-03 in preparation for Saturday's teapot racing, after having learned that one of the obstacles will consist of cobblestones. I will keep the open diff handy for flatter courses as the car turns tighter with it installed. 

4 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

i think you have a potential little buisness there.

it looks fantastic:wub:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

I agree - customised/personalised model stands like this would be an excellent service to offer - either via TamiyaClub directly or even eBay etc?

Jx

• Like 2

I'm in the middle of installing the DT01 double wishbone suspension upgrade from thingiverse that I got printed cheap.

3Sad5Iq.jpg

wAgAnYH.jpg

I really like how well it integrates with the stock chassis but I can see some areas it could be easily improved too. I wish I wasn't so terrible at using 3d design software. There's some obvious areas where it could be bulked up and rounded off to make it more suitable to the printing medium.

I'd love to be able to optimise stuff like this:

JtI11hK.pngtuE1AuR.jpg

If only I had a brain....

The design doesn't lend itself to the steering link fix either, not enough room for the ball link.

The suspension travel is reduced now too so that the chassis won't bottom out which means those printed parts will bear the brunt of heavy impacts which is far from ideal. Taller shock towers and short size CVAs the same as the back instead of minis would work pretty well I reckon!

But then, who am I to criticise when I can't even 3d design a square without ruining it?

It's still a cracking effort and there's a very satisfying feel to how well it marries up to the chassis with no mods.

Hopefully the 100% fill and PETG will be enough to withstand some dirt and sand running.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topforcein said:

2 hours ago, JennyMo said:

I agree - customised/personalised model stands like this would be an excellent service to offer - either via TamiyaClub directly or even eBay etc?

Jx

cheers, I'm not opposed to the selling idea, but I think I might improve the design a little. Plus I might have to flat pack them to reduce postage costs out of Australia. I also have two other ideas for laser cutting that might be of interest. It'll be a couple of days before I can test them though.

• Like 4

More surgery on the TA06

2019-08-22_05-41-41

Lots of blather on my build thread if you're interested. One thing though, this is my first RW Racing spur gear. It's soooooo smooooth 😁

• Like 3

Got the wing on my Coppermix, so I think it’s done. 

6-BA39748-0664-49-BA-BF92-0960551-BFD52.

wheelbase is a bit off on the front, but that might. Be exacerbated by the offset of the wheels. I’m not sure it or the TA07 it sits on will ever leave the shelf, maybe one day :)

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Got the wing on my Coppermix, so I think it’s done. 

6-BA39748-0664-49-BA-BF92-0960551-BFD52.

wheelbase is a bit off on the front, but that might. Be exacerbated by the offset of the wheels. I’m not sure it or the TA07 it sits on will ever leave the shelf, maybe one day :)

I thought the photo was mirror-sided, but I guess not?  

8 hours ago, Juggular said:

I thought the photo was mirror-sided, but I guess not?  

Yeah, it’s a little odd that it’s just the Super Coppermix is reversed. Somewhat disappointingly the other side isn’t the flip, with everything else reversed and the Coppermix the right way :D

• Like 1

I've been shimming the 3d printed double wishbone conversion on my DT01.

I took it for a quick test yesterday and let's just say it was as loose as a wizards sleeve!

I've been carefully shimming the c hubs and uprights at work today and have made a massive improvement so hopefully it will settle down a bit! I decided it was better to be safe than sorry so I shimmed until there was a small amount of drag just to make sure I've done all I can. It has really tightened it up considering there is only a wishbone at the bottom to really keep that hub in check. The upper camber link with its ball joints doesn't really do much to stop unwanted movement apart from along it's own axis.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Raced for the second time at Broxtowe MCC. I sucked a lot less this week and had a lot of fun. These guys are just lovely if you fancy a crack at racing. They are about to move indoors for the winter but summer outdoors is on road or off road. 

20190824_192636 20190824_200342

• Like 9

9 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

I've been shimming the 3d printed double wishbone conversion on my DT01.

I took it for a quick test yesterday and let's just say it was as loose as a wizards sleeve!

I've been carefully shimming the c hubs and uprights at work today and have made a massive improvement so hopefully it will settle down a bit! I decided it was better to be safe than sorry so I shimmed until there was a small amount of drag just to make sure I've done all I can. It has really tightened it up considering there is only a wishbone at the bottom to really keep that hub in check. The upper camber link with its ball joints doesn't really do much to stop unwanted movement apart from along it's own axis.

Fingers crossed!

Well, that only made a minimum of difference! Turns out the play wasn't really the issue, doh! Still, at least it's shimmed now anyway, can't hurt?

Turns out the main issue was too much steering lock! I should have known really, a lot of cars do it if you have too much steering throw, especially if they are light at the front and understeer prone. The Blackfoot is a good example, too much lock and the wheel starts to get pushed along sideways. The amount of slop definitely didn't help matters but it wasn't the primary cause.

I thought that would be easy to fix with the EPA but nothing in life is easy! I will post more about it in the DT01 double wishbone thread.

That issue aside, it drove really nice and again, no damage to the 3d parts!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 5:05 PM, jupitertwo said:

Yeah, it’s a little odd that it’s just the Super Coppermix is reversed. Somewhat disappointingly the other side isn’t the flip, with everything else reversed and the Coppermix the right way :D

It's a Japanese 1:1 racecar/driftcar thing to mirror the main livery so it is perfectly symmetrical :)

7 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Raced for the second time at Broxtowe MCC. I sucked a lot less this week and had a lot of fun. These guys are just lovely if you fancy a crack at racing. They are about to move indoors for the winter but summer outdoors is on road or off road. 

20190824_192636 20190824_200342

That looks like a great track, its rare to see a purpose built permanent track. How did the car behave today?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

That looks like a great track, its rare to see a purpose built permanent track. How did the car behave today?

Its a wonderful track, and yes, a rare thing indeed. Nice thing is that it's in a public park so although you can't get on the rostrum unless the club is open you can run on the track whenever you like. 

Car was much MUCH better. I really enjoyed myself tonight. Was still mostly last, but it was mint. Lots of blather on the build thread

• Like 4

Crabbing, 2p arcade, wimpy burgers and some bashing with the daughter. A bit of Kumamon action with his co-pilot "stunt fluffy" 

MSuubyy.jpg

We have a stunt Fluffy because normal Fluffy isn't allowed to do RC stuff in case she gets her dress dirty :huh::lol:

Jqyi0fp.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Started round 3 of the Clophill Invitational. Just want to be clear i didn't choose the paint!

20190825_184046(1).thumb.jpg.c6473cdcb19eb6cc5e6c0be521a227cc.jpg

• Like 6