Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Started enclosing the tub of this TT02 with some XV01 guards and some foam. The aim is to get it almost fully enclosed once the body is on to keep the dirt/water/stones out.

CKEQmm1.jpg

C1fR9A8.jpg

qwfWbpv.jpg

7u6gfvY.jpg

• Like 6

Fitted an Ariel straw to my WW 💥

And took some pictures in the garden whilst it was bright. 

Next weeks episode....  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Ordered the Mini Lunchbox, I blame @J@mes entirely...

Can't wait 😁

i can live with that :P

• Haha 1

Tinkered with my Radio Shack Hummer. It's one of those almost hobby grades from back when toy grades were still good. It has 4wd, double wishbone all round, metal dog bones and cups, metal uprigghts, metal diff and spur gears , 550 motor etc. Very much designed and built like a hobby grade in most aspects so it had bags of potential for messing with.

Anyway, after just staring at it for ages I decided to make a start on it. The stock servo is very similar in shape and size to a hobby one except it has a notch taken out of one corner. Fitting a hobby servo would mean cutting the chassis a little which I don't want to do at this point so instead I took the board from a dead old Futaba servo and removed the motor and potentiometer. I then hooked up the wires from the radio shack servo motor and potentiometer to the Futaba board et voila, a standard fit servo that now works with a hobby radio system!

A lot of the better toy grades with proportional control have very similar servos to hobby grade with a motor and potentiometer except they have no control pcb, the controlling is handled by the main ESC/RX board instead. It's pretty easy to take these "dumb" servos and give them a brain.

The advantage is that you don't have to make any alterations to the chassis to make a hobby servo fit.

Next step, more powerrrrrr

Maybe it will be like this eventually:

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Thought about Tamiya today while having a cuppa...

EBB97620-D24E-4E57-B661-04DD32476FFB.jpg

ahh, the serenity!

• Like 3

Well yesterday actually but started to convert my electrics to X60 plugs. A new 60w iron and the jig made it quite a pleasure. Also fitted new banana plugs to quicrun 1080/dynamog so I can set ESC up and run it. Have another one for the Defender which will leave me with 2 spare ESC!!!. Have to think of something to do with them, can just leave them in a drawer it just wouldnt be rightB)IMG_1439.JPG.dd94a0090e18f43c810551eb78708171.JPG

• Like 5

Put brushless in my RR-03Ra rally car and tweaked the handling a little more. Really loving this. Needs taller gearing though. Spur gear ordered

20190908_114105

Put all the leftover NIP parts from my TA06 kit on ebay too. Been meaning to do it for weeks. 

• Like 5

Went for a walk today and found a nice little hill to take my Luncbox hillclimbing.  Had so much fun, that my Blitzer Beetle is getting some new suspension, so I can come back for more :)

• Like 1

I went to an autojumble looking for classic car parts and found this. Not Tamiya i know, but...

The guy had built it in 1992, ran it round his garden once, then put it back in the box and put it in the loft. For the price of a few beers, it was mine!

It has a couple of light scratches on the underside, but other than that, it's near mint. It came with the original controller and battery charger.

Didn't find anything i actually went to look for...

J

DSC_5397.JPG

DSC_5399.JPG

DSC_5400.JPG

• Like 12

On 9/8/2019 at 6:47 AM, Re-Bugged said:

Thought about Tamiya today while having a cuppa...

EBB97620-D24E-4E57-B661-04DD32476FFB.jpg

As I have another damp cold winter to look forward to(and according to our wonderful "lovely" media) its going to be a hard cold winter this year (although I don't know how they know that as they find it hard to predict 4 days ahead) this photo makes me jealous but calm at the same time👍👍

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, moffman said:

As I have another damp cold winter to look forward to(and according to our wonderful "lovely" media) its going to be a hard cold winter this year (although I don't know how they know that as they find it hard to predict 4 days ahead) this photo makes me jealous but calm at the same time👍👍

The Law states that I have to stop for a break by certain times, so being the Law abiding citizen that I am I wasn't going to argue ;). (If it helps with the jealousy though, I also have to stop in places that are the opposite end of the spectrum from the photo too. Rough with the smooth as they say B))

• Like 1

happy camper today, I went to the beach with my mst-mtx1 and drive 55 minutes with it without any problems.

The previous 2 times  I ran the car It broke,  one time after 2 minutes a plastic suspension link broke and the last time I run it after 5 minutes the center driveshaft broke.

The suspension links I reinforced with a m3 rod through the whole link, and the center drive shafts I replaced with traxxas TMaxx  ones that I cut to the right lenght and do some shaving on to make them fit, the traxxas drive shafts hold up fine after 2 packs and 55 minutes of driving  they had zero wear on them:).

I am happy the mods I did to the car work and that its reliable now.

IMG_20190909_113601[1].jpg

• Like 3

Not today but last Saturday morning. I'm now getting my pictures in order ;)

Time to celebrate the 30th birthday of the mighty Kyosho HI RIDERRRR !!! :D So I went out to run it a bit with my bud Alan to celebrate and have a lil RC fun with the "Soccer Mom" and some soul-less RC Crawler Jeep-bodied vehicle, lol.

Some piccies here and a couple more in the Kyosho thread:

SbxEf6r.jpg

2xyKo7v.jpg

3hj847Y.jpg

Anybody in for a Hi Rider 1 re-release??

You all have a good Wednesday! :)

• Like 6

1 week ago I started to reorganize my rc stuff after 4 years It became one big mess, today I finished it.

All of the rc parst from different cars were together in various boxes, I sorted that out and put all the parts from one car together in plastic bags.

Sorted out all the nuts and bolts and other stuff.

I'm  glad I did it, because  lately most of the time when I wanted to do something on my cars, I spent more time searching for the right part or nut and bolt then spending time on my cars.

IMG_7219.JPG

IMG_7220.JPG

IMG_7221.JPG

IMG_7222.JPG

IMG_7223.JPG

IMG_7224.JPG

• Like 7

On 9/10/2019 at 10:12 PM, Re-Bugged said:

The Law states that I have to stop for a break by certain times, so being the Law abiding citizen that I am I wasn't going to argue ;). (If it helps with the jealousy though, I also have to stop in places that are the opposite end of the spectrum from the photo too. Rough with the smooth as they say B))

If that stop is on your regular run, I would be chucking an rc in the back... 😎

13 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

...and some soul-less RC Crawler Jeep-bodied vehicle, lol. 

Those scx10s are actually brilliant rc's, my LHS has a UMG10 (Unimog clone) and since selling my old scx10 I have been wanting another.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dannymulder said:

1 week ago I started to reorganize my rc stuff after 4 years It became one big mess, today I finished it.

All of the rc parst from different cars were together in various boxes, I sorted that out and put all the parts from one car together in plastic bags.

Sorted out all the nuts and bolts and other stuff.

I'm  glad I did it, because  lately most of the time when I wanted to do something on my cars, I spent more time searching for the right part or nut and bolt then spending time on my cars.

IMG_7219.JPG

IMG_7220.JPG

IMG_7221.JPG

IMG_7222.JPG

IMG_7223.JPG

IMG_7224.JPG

Holy S**T

• Haha 2

I fear I may have taken 'scale detailing' beyond what is considered sane...

More epic detailing nerdage here in my 2WD HiLux build thread.

Jenny x

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Some more progress with a TA-02 Porsche

93D8E6A4-CF8C-4372-B543-01179C2D6824.jpg

build done, detailing left to do. Need to source the wheels to match its sibling 

• Like 7