Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nicely sorted there @dannymulder, I find every time I reorganize stuff into new places to keep things in order my brain is still on the previous itinerary of storage arrangements so I’m still looking through everything to get to the right bit. 

6 hours ago, berman said:

If that stop is on your regular run, I would be chucking an rc in the back... 😎

I used to with NiMH batteries, but now I’m on LiPo it makes for a nervous trip with 45,000ltrs of flammable liquid sitting behind me!! 😬

6 hours ago, JennyMo said:

I fear I may have taken 'scale detailing' beyond what is considered sane...

More epic detailing nerdage here in my 2WD HiLux build thread.

Jenny x

Wow, blimey Jen what’s next??, a fully operational scale AM/FM radio in the dash? leaky sump plug? or some squeaky brakes?? 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Wow, blimey Jen what’s next??, a fully operational scale AM/FM radio in the dash? leaky sump plug? or some squeaky brakes?? 

Hee hee - you know I did consider putting an iPod and some tiny speakers in there ;o)

Jx

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I made some coolant and washer bottle tanks from an old X-acto knife blade box - cut a piece of clear lexan and super-glued it in to make the 'top' of the liquid, and painted the lower part with clear green and blue Tamiya paints:

i-9QPGk9h-XL.jpg

More detail nerdage in the full build thread for my 2WD HiLux here.

Jx

• Like 12

Don't bring a knife to a gun-fight... or a trail-rig to a rock-crawling course:

i-89GLhQV-XL.jpg

Yep, Ozzy has broken his front axle again!

i-59SPbq7-XL.jpg

The question is, do a replace it like for like (and stick to trails), or upgrade it with something stronger, if a little less scale?

Jx

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I swapped the 17.5 motor in my Grasshopper for a 21.5 to see how it worked. It's actually faster than I thought it would be. It's running a 21t pinion right now, but I can go up to 23t. I will order a pinion and probably keep this motor in the Hopper. The 17.5 will most likely end up in my Holiday Buggy in place of the silver can it has now.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 12:53 PM, Re-Bugged said:

I used to with NiMH batteries, but now I’m on LiPo it makes for a nervous trip with 45,000ltrs of flammable liquid sitting behind me!! 

Pfft Mad Max used to drive those back roads in a tanker fending off crims with an abundance of fire hazards bouncing off left right and centre :P

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, JennyMo said:

question is, do a replace it like for like (and stick to trails), or upgrade it with something stronger, if a little less scale?

Jx

I have seen that issue before on the web with Yota 2 axles.  Seems like the solution is to helicoil the axle.  Another alternative would be to replace the axles with scx10-2 units and JEC racing leaf mounts.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I have seen that issue before on the web with Yota 2 axles.  Seems like the solution is to helicoil the axle.  Another alternative would be to replace the axles with scx10-2 units and JEC racing leaf mounts.

Thanks Tam' - yes, basically I'd got the wheel wedged on full lock, and the torque bent the stub axle in the knuckle, causing the lower cotter pin to crack the cast casing - they are pretty crappy cast metal to be honest. This one really isn't repairable (not to be sufficiently strong anyway) so I've stripped it for the remaining good parts, and ordered another.

I have considered alternative axles (with leaf mounts) like you suggest, but I don't really want to widen the track any further on this build - I'm not sure how much wider the SCX10 axles are, but I believe they are wider than these Yota II axles.

I guess like real Jeeps, I'm going to have to keep replacing parts from time to time eh?

Jenny x

Took the boy out for some bashing

EFEDFC0F-67C5-430B-8CF2-F69294FE0945.jpg

dusty gravel action, then some pitches. Nice to compare the two buggies in open ground too

• Like 8

Put out a bid on an ad selling old RC buggies. Mostly grasshoppers, but one is a Marui Samurai  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, jupitertwo said:

Nice to compare the two buggies in open ground too

What are your thoughts? Just curious.

4 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

What are your thoughts? Just curious.

The top force comes out ahead in all but one comparison. It was more composed, dynamic and fun. It only suffered in altercations with the tt-02b. I think that was mostly ride heights, with the Top Force going airborne when they came together. It did lose a drive cup due to a tie rod coming off in a collision, but thankfully 5 mins of searching recovered it. 

The gravel was fairly chunky, so the Tt02s smaller size didn’t help. On the pitches it was less noticeable. The Tt02b felt more rigid, though I was surprised that it had a sharper turning circle than the TF, or is that just the TFs being poor?

My boy (4) had a great time, he certainly did mind. He was more perturbed my the ‘smoke’ from the gravel, though he enjoyed that surface more though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After doing some excavation for our future patio, I took the Bullhead for a little spin on the removed dirt.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 9/13/2019 at 8:43 AM, JennyMo said:

Don't bring a knife to a gun-fight... or a trail-rig to a rock-crawling course:

i-89GLhQV-XL.jpg

Yep, Ozzy has broken his front axle again!

i-59SPbq7-XL.jpg

The question is, do a replace it like for like (and stick to trails), or upgrade it with something stronger, if a little less scale?

Jx

Replace it like for like and keep it for trails.

Weave your magic and build a new crawler B)

• Like 1

Took my Hotshot out for a bit while my daughter drove around in her ride-on land rover. She's 8 now so getting a bit big for it so I'm trying to get my money's worth :lol: she's only used it about 10 times! Poor investment lol.

It has a remote so she spent half the time sat next to me using it as a huge RC. But then discovered she could sit in it with her feet up, using the remote to drive around instead! It's a hard life, eh?

• Haha 3

Cut, drilled and tapped some aluminum rod for the chassis of my TXT-1/Clod hybrid.

Cut out & fixed a battery retainer on the Brat ORV chassis to suit the LiPo that is just a smidgin’ longer than a normal NiMH stick pack. The wires are stiffer and exit the pack in a slightly different place. I’ve also done this to my Blackfoot too. 

4265445F-F49D-425F-9823-2CC6420C2148.md.

• Like 6

Finished the Mini Lunchbox. Cool little build, fun to run around the house but will definitely get the rods to join the front and rear for steerable wheelies.

Its proper dinky, here it is next to my Dancing Rider which isn't exactly large. Would have preferred to have had a clear body and the option to have painted the silver areas just because the stickers were so fiddly and I never get complex curves totally smooth! 

DSC_0027

• Like 6

I was beginning to think the DT03 was indestructible but then the front shock tower broke. I decided to go with these JazRider parts from China. I must admit, they're my favorite parts on the car now.20190916_080737_resized.thumb.jpg.cc93059d77f37e41149fcc34ec876d75.jpg

• Like 2

Some parts arrived today...

Aluminum rear uprights (TRF416) and installed them.

R6QChV2h.jpg

uAWtoWSh.jpg

bZmwL4Kh.jpg

Steel center universal shafts for CC-01 (Xtraspeed)

QX0Qzbih.jpg

• Like 3

Just snapped a top link ball stud on my TXT-2 whilst bashing on 3s!🙄

Axle end so a bit of an issue....☹

Ran a whole pack through my RS200 just hooning about in the street outside my house. Absolutely loving this now i have sorted the handling and got the brushless motor in it. 

• Like 2