Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

deceided to swop the original bulbs in my vintage hi-fi from white to a green led's

i have ben looking at doing this for a while but every one i have sen was to dright and did not fit correctly so i saw some on e-bay for sale the the seller had made and fitted perfectly so i gave it a shot and ordered them had to wait a couple of weeks for them to arrive from the usa they turned up yesterday and i waisted no time in installing them and in the process i blew a fuse on the circuit board and do you think i could find a replacement one ..noooooooooooo i tryed on e-bay and via the search but no luck then i tryed the local electrical shops by me and still ho luck so i remembered when i had the car spares shop i used the electrical repair company a mile or so from me so today i deceided to walk to it and ask them if they could help with a fuse but even they could not help and by this time i am thinking right that is the amp scrap all because of a fuse then on the way out i saw a electrical distributors over the other side of the road and i though why not i walked in and asked the really helpfull chap beyond the counter and he managed to order a pack of the right fuses for me and also gave me a couple of slightly higher rated fused to try until the other come in.

i get home soaked from the rain and also from them special drivers that like to drive throught puddles and soak pedestrians and i got done at least 3 times "complete to##ers" they are:angry:

i put in the new fuse and she fired up and looks a lot better "to me anyway" it matches the lights on the graphic sliders now also.

the second pic is of how good the led fits the original fitting

IMG_20190924_135824.jpg

IMG_20190924_135935.jpg

• Like 8

Posted the Wild One out tonight.

Packed the FAV and extra bits as well, ready to be posted out tomorrow 💥

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 2:29 PM, Juggular said:

This much took hours... didn't it?  It sure felt like it.  

What kind of a deviant calls this a "hobby?" (me!?)   

This feels like a clever torture device.  

VSkQVQv.jpg

I understand why you tore out your hair, bro...

Fnr20MW.jpg

I’ll see your NSU sticker sheet, and I’ll raise you a 40th Anniversary Jagermeister Porsche and a 2CV Charleston in quick succession for the ultimate in cut and stick pleasure/endurance 🤔

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Posted the Wild One our tonight.

Packed the FAV and extra bits as well, ready to be posted out tomorrow 💥

Thanks mate

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I’ll see your NSU sticker sheet, and I’ll raise you a 40th Anniversary Jagermeister Porsche and a 2CV Charleston in quick succession for the ultimate in cut and stick pleasure/endurance 🤔

Charleston is one of the shells I want.  But now I'm scared. 

Jagermeister Porsche wasn't on my list.  But oh, man.  It's in orange!   

VT0JJHV.jpg

NSU Prinz TT went from above to below.  

fwqzMGB.jpg

I decided Not to put on "Jagermeister" on the door, nor on the roof.  That would have been too busy.  This suits my taste.  Maybe I can use those 4 stickers elsewhere.  

I used a sharpie to draw accent lines around the fenders.  It looks alright to me.  I drew on door lines too.  But they seemed too dark, so I erased them.  I'm looking for a gray sharpie.  Black looks okay on the trunk lid, maybe because it's a bit open.  

F6qdX4R.jpg

Chassis is from M06 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA (medium length).  It will be lengthened to long-wheelbase.  I'm afraid rear body posts might go through the rear window.  

P4Eni8S.jpg

I have a Fiat Abarth 500 shell too. 

Maybe it will wear yet another Jagermeister color (because it has orange).   But the wheelbase is Short.   

jpsaHlo.jpg

Unbuilt M05 chassis taken from NSU Prinz?  I could swap it directly with Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA (M).  Or I can put inside of a Honda S800 (Short) shell.  If I want 2CV Charleston?  That has Long wheelbase.  

hmm... nothing has the same wheelbase. (Am I sensing a conspiracy here?)   

Do I need THREE M05 chassis, and 1 more M06?  

• Like 5

That NSU looks great @Juggular 👍🏻

I can’t help but wonder if a fine mesh sticker of some sort might work in the open trunk section? Just a thought. 

Don’t be scared of the the Charleston as it will smell you fear a mile off. Most of the black is made up of stickers. There are a fair few that make up the windows that seem to go on for ever. I opted to go non box art with a Scorcher theme for more bang for you buck for the effort, I now know why there are so many Scorcher themed variations out there.  The Porsche I sprayed the back end black and put my own spin on to which negated a lot stickers need too. The funny thing is it was actually the circular Antler logos I found the trickiest to cut nice and neat. 

04B9ADEB-3ACD-4141-96DF-C776B0AEA4D8.md.

Oh yes and you also need to add an M08 to your list of chassis to 😁

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, topforcein said:

deceided to swop the original bulbs in my vintage hi-fi from white to a green led's

i have ben looking at doing this for a while but every one i have sen was to dright and did not fit correctly so i saw some on e-bay for sale the the seller had made and fitted perfectly so i gave it a shot and ordered them had to wait a couple of weeks for them to arrive from the usa they turned up yesterday and i waisted no time in installing them and in the process i blew a fuse on the circuit board and do you think i could find a replacement one ..noooooooooooo i tryed on e-bay and via the search but no luck then i tryed the local electrical shops by me and still ho luck so i remembered when i had the car spares shop i used the electrical repair company a mile or so from me so today i deceided to walk to it and ask them if they could help with a fuse but even they could not help and by this time i am thinking right that is the amp scrap all because of a fuse then on the way out i saw a electrical distributors over the other side of the road and i though why not i walked in and asked the really helpfull chap beyond the counter and he managed to order a pack of the right fuses for me and also gave me a couple of slightly higher rated fused to try until the other come in.

i get home soaked from the rain and also from them special drivers that like to drive throught puddles and soak pedestrians and i got done at least 3 times "complete to##ers" they are:angry:

i put in the new fuse and she fired up and looks a lot better "to me anyway" it matches the lights on the graphic sliders now also.

the second pic is of how good the led fits the original fitting

IMG_20190924_135824.jpg

IMG_20190924_135935.jpg

Nice!  I have a SX-750.   I love these old receivers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Nice!  I have a SX-750.   I love these old receivers!

thanks its in excellent condition with only one very small nick in the chrome glass surround just above the power indicator

your's is the one i wanted as i prefer the slider selectors to the push button ones but at the time i could only afford the 550 and tbh its more than powerfull enough  for what it is with a set of vintage jbl's also and i recently managed to get a pair of pioneer cs 66g for a great price and plan on swoping the jbl's for the pioneer at some point.

and if i want to make more noise i use my denon seperates instead ;)

show us a pic of yours if you can 

Finally got the new wheels on All Metal Frog. Added a silver Tamiya battery too.

265A0D38-3FCC-4938-8A17-25A18C7BE3AD.jpg

A few more upgrades are planned but I am in no rush. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

That NSU looks great @Juggular 👍🏻

I can’t help but wonder if a fine mesh sticker of some sort might work in the open trunk section? Just a thought. 

Don’t be scared of the the Charleston as it will smell you fear a mile off. Most of the black is made up of stickers. There are a fair few that make up the windows that seem to go on for ever. I opted to go non box art with a Scorcher theme for more bang for you buck for the effort, I now know why there are so many Scorcher themed variations out there.  The Porsche I sprayed the back end black and put my own spin on to which negated a lot stickers need too. The funny thing is it was actually the circular Antler logos I found the trickiest to cut nice and neat. 

04B9ADEB-3ACD-4141-96DF-C776B0AEA4D8.md.

Oh yes and you also need to add an M08 to your list of chassis to 😁

Thank you! 

I wouldn't have thought Miss Charleston would zero in on my fear.  She's so innocent looking! 

Your Charleston and Porsche look unique.  Very well done.  

Shine is a problem for the trunk gap of Prinz TT.  The rear will almost never reflect any light, because it's angled down.  For the sides, I thought about getting a matte finish spray.  But me being a cheap guy, I couldn't bring myself to spend 800 pennies to spray something smaller than 1 penny.  I think I'll try it someday though, when there is enough matte finish to be done. 

From the inside, I'll block it off with black-painted cardboard.  So it won't look like it's just a shell.  Maybe I'll draw 4 small silver circles, with silver sharpies. They could look like intakes.  Seems easy enough of a project.  I also ordered Toyota 4x4 drivers, I'll see if I can fit one here.  I might put a silver-painted straw under as a tail pipe. It sounds too simple, but it might work. I'll give it a try. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

thanks its in excellent condition with only one very small nick in the chrome glass surround just above the power indicator

your's is the one i wanted as i prefer the slider selectors to the push button ones but at the time i could only afford the 550 and tbh its more than powerfull enough  for what it is with a set of vintage jbl's also and i recently managed to get a pair of pioneer cs 66g for a great price and plan on swoping the jbl's for the pioneer at some point.

and if i want to make more noise i use my denon seperates instead ;)

show us a pic of yours if you can 

here's my 780

48793688963_c7c9e2b46c_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

I wish I could tell you I paid more than 10 bucks for it at a rummage sale, but I can't.  It was a nice score, haha. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@topforcein and @78Triumph you’re making me jealous. My kit is in the loft as my big floorstanders aren’t compatible with a late ‘50s semi. To make matters worse, I found out that our turntable needs fixing.

It is the DeLorean of platters - a Strathearn. It spins OK but no sound comes out :(. That’s after I’d bought some bearing oil and stylus cleaning gunk.

As for today, I have been looking at my ORV bits to see if I have enough to assemble a chassis.

E184AAAD-F595-4055-9FE0-D76AD8DE1667.jpg

This is photo no.1 in a series. Now to compare with an old manual..

• Like 3

^^^I've got my dad's old Technics component system from circa late 80s early 90s in storage, would love to break that out again, was a good unit.

A couple of little bits turned up for my trucks today (thanks to Stellamodels!). Have a cool big meet thing on next month down the line, and compiled a list the other day on what needs doing to each truck. Suffice to say there is no way I will get it all done, but will at least endeavour to do the main bits hopefully!

*Today I fitted some air horns to the side of the roof of my MAN.

*Have cut the rear rails on my Grand Hauler to fit the Lesu dovetail rear that turned up today (built that also). Still have to tidy up and drill the holes.

*Fitted new mudflaps to my flatbed trailer.

Pretty happy I have made some progress. 🙂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, berman said:

I've got my dad's old Technics component system from circa late 80s early 90s in storage, would love to break that out again, was a good unit.

Nice! Just last weekend I started the restoration of a 1989 Technics CD player. :)

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Finally got the new wheels on All Metal Frog. Added a silver Tamiya battery too.

265A0D38-3FCC-4938-8A17-25A18C7BE3AD.jpg

A few more upgrades are planned but I am in no rush. 

Can you share more pictures of this nice build? My first RC was a Subaru Brat that I eventually converted to a Frog including the differential (Subaru had no differential).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Nice! Just last weekend I started the restoration of a 1989 Technics CD player. :)

7 hours ago, berman said:

^^^I've got my dad's old Technics component system from circa late 80s early 90s in storage, would love to break that out again, was a good unit.

A couple of little bits turned up for my trucks today (thanks to Stellamodels!). Have a cool big meet thing on next month down the line, and compiled a list the other day on what needs doing to each truck. Suffice to say there is no way I will get it all done, but will at least endeavour to do the main bits hopefully!

*Today I fitted some air horns to the side of the roof of my MAN.

*Have cut the rear rails on my Grand Hauler to fit the Lesu dovetail rear that turned up today (built that also). Still have to tidy up and drill the holes.

*Fitted new mudflaps to my flatbed trailer.

Pretty happy I have made some progress. 🙂

Speaking of Technics, I'm a fan of this brand. I specialize on Technics SL1200 series. From full refurbishment, restoration, modifications, re-build and almost everything.

Please feel free to check my page:

https://web.facebook.com/Works1200/

:)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Can you share more pictures of this nice build? My first RC was a Subaru Brat that I eventually converted to a Frog including the differential (Subaru had no differential).

I am the second owner of this lovely creature.

Here's a parts run-down...

Chrome orv chassis (A parts)

.50 Caliber metal trailing arms

.50 Caliber metal front suspension arms

Junfac front and rear shock mounts

Hi Cap front and rear shocks

CRP nerf wing

CRP front bumper

Tamiya universal shaft set

amf6.jpg

amf3.jpg

I have added metal rear wheel adapters, Tamiya battery and the alloy wheels.

Future plans include a metal motor mount, motor cover, central servo mount, servo and tie rods. Perhaps some metal nerf bars. The battery wouldn't fit with the nerf wing. And maybe a rear wing.

3 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I am the second owner of this lovely creature.

Here's a parts run-down...

Chrome orv chassis (A parts)

.50 Caliber metal trailing arms

.50 Caliber metal front suspension arms

Junfac front and rear shock mounts

Hi Cap front and rear shocks

CRP nerf wing

CRP front bumper

Tamiya universal shaft set

amf6.jpg

amf3.jpg

I have added metal rear wheel adapters, Tamiya battery and the alloy wheels.

Future plans include a metal motor mount, motor cover, central servo mount, servo and tie rods. Perhaps some metal nerf bars. The battery wouldn't fit with the nerf wing. And maybe a rear wing.

Nice build! I remember installing mine with the same CRP front bumper but it was white instead of black. I also modified the front suspension by fabricating a shock tower to fit shocks. But mine didn't look as good as that one you have.

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Speaking of Technics, I'm a fan of this brand. I specialize on Technics SL1200 series. From full refurbishment, restoration, modifications, re-build and almost everything.

Cool!  I have a Technics SL-D202, it's not on the same level as a 1200 but gets the job done.  If it ever breaks I know who to ask!

• Like 1

Day 2 of the re-release Top Cat build. Stopped as I don't have the circlip pliers i need for the shocks! Should be finished Saturday, it's a lovely thing!

20190926_173722.thumb.jpg.2d1f258468b89e2bff7dca918254a47b.jpg

• Like 4

As usual, my plans for Tamiya fun were scuppered.

I had a half day off work booked as it is my birthday. 

Then work went manic.

Then Mrs BC calls to say that son has a fever and can’t attend school.

So I end up working from home...

3 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Nice i have 2 1210 m5g and 2 mk2 1200s. The mk2 are still mint when i got the  pair in 1992

E40474F3-A84A-4BCC-924B-A8E67AE6AA0B.jpeg

• Like 5

Reluctantly attempting to make some shelf-space as things may have gone a bit out of hand with the number cars.  <_<

Sold the Rising Fighter, still selling some Marui big bears, golden eagle, ninja, the stripped down Samurai..... Original Clodbuster.
Business is slow, so plenty of time to change my mind on this. :ph34r:

Definite keepers are Frankenbigbear, Bullclod Big Bear, Original Big bear, and another Big Bear variant I have in mind (my Big Bear autism kicks in).
And the Shogun, Grasshopper 2, Dual Hunter are on the maybe list. Aaargh this is hard whahaha...

• Like 1

The Top Cat is pretty much there now, just need to glue tyres, fit the velcro for the body and fit a pinion. 

20190927_212452.thumb.jpg.dcce1672f394feab7b39a4aee64e26f2.jpg

• Like 3