Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Went out for a hike with my wife yesterday, on the way back to the car I noticed a BMX track that is perfect for rc. Fortunately I had my rig in the trunk!

The video taken was bad quality, also cause it was dusk, but I saved up a couple screenshots just to get the idea. Gotta get back there, great jumps and a lot of fun!

621107043_Screenshot_20191005-195409_VideoPlayer-1440x810.thumb.jpg.36fec1ad7a13bab44db1259e4d8e3541.jpg325052046_Screenshot_20191005-195520_VideoPlayer-1440x810.thumb.jpg.e9c9ab2dadd4311575181a1ffb6cc262.jpg1689498789_Screenshot_20191005-195817_VideoPlayer-1440x810.thumb.jpg.94050f13551bdebdae2b0e4a92abb54d.jpg475830434_Screenshot_20191005-194644_VideoPlayer-1440x810.thumb.jpg.c0ed6342f764f0060439b72cb7c64a97.jpg1871218840_Screenshot_20191005-195258_VideoPlayer-1440x810.thumb.jpg.257b52f69e56aaeb1c17ec8780ae791d.jpg

• Like 10

And this was today, a run with the Manta Ray through the autumn foliage.

1993644122_Screenshot_20191006-173047_VideoPlayer-1440x810.thumb.jpg.957d5cc8ebabe653bff7e588a72c5a55.jpg

20191006_153240-2016x1134.thumb.jpg.6d9aa47206ae46de293a57da810f779f.jpg

20191006_153411-1134x2016.thumb.jpg.17a9bb7b32f3bbf1bdf528bd8a9b4fd9.jpg

After a last run through the woods, the car came back with a "present".

20191006_161747-1134x2016.thumb.jpg.59cf9aedef64534485f863f3e2adb699.jpg

I did't place it like that, it was just sitting on the bumper when the buggy came back and I took the photo! Maybe I should have eaten it :lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

I drove my Holiday Buggy for the first time in probably a year or more. I just put the stock pogo springs onto the Ansmann dampers I have on it. They seem a little more stiff, but they aren't the hideous white springs that came on the dampers.  I was surprised at how fast it was with a silver can on NiMH's. Towards the end a 3yo showed up with his dad and chased the car around the park. Dad was stoked I was wearing him out before bed :)

I switched all my other cars to brushless, and I was shocked at how different the brushed motor sounded. I guess I didn't notice when I switched.

• Like 2

After 2 weeks of non stop rain, today it was a dry day,  I went to the beach with my mst-mtx1 I ran the car for the first time on 3s lipo instead of 2s, the truck needed some more speed and power.

The 3s lipo's were a bargian I bought them a few weeks ago for 15 euro a piece at hobbyking.

The car took a lot of beating  a lot of cartwheeling and bad landings, only the body did not liked it  the rest of the car is fine.

I am happy how the car is now with the mods I have done to it, and that it is reliable now, the traxxas T maxx driveshafts I put on it are great they hold up fine with the 3s brushless power and show no sign of wear and they were cheap.

IMG_20191007_114852.jpg

IMG_20191007_114830.jpg

IMG_20191007_114956.jpg

• Like 7

Sold my CC01 chassis this morning after putting it up for sale late last night (Bronco body is now on my CR01).  Goodbye CC01.  I hardly knew ye.

QHi82zW.jpg

I didn't expect it to sell straight away and now I'm wondering if I underestimated demand for it.  Ah well, at least it's sold and I can start thinking about buying a buggy.  Immediately looked for a TT02B MS and they're now discontinued.  I'm wondering if it's cheaper to build a custom TT02B MS from hopups and spares rather than buying a kit and not using most of it.  Time to get prices and break out the spreadsheet.  :D

• Like 3

I broke my D817 on the weekend, which I thought was impossible but apparently not. Started pulling the front hub apart today and it didn't come apart easily so gave up. Looks like hitting a strap thing at the end of the straight isn't ideal...will have to have a go when i have more time, and inclination to use a hammer on a toy car.

Also finally ordered a Top Force. Rcmart have them and apparently with hi caps included. Somehow i got signoff from the finance committee so its on its way.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Packed FAV2 tonight ready to be sent to its new owner @Only4Fun  💥 

And brought the reserved RR wheel set down for collection by @Andyfish2000 sometime next week 👍

Booked the courier this morning! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I broke my D817 on the weekend, which I thought was impossible but apparently not. Started pulling the front hub apart today and it didn't come apart easily so gave up. Looks like hitting a strap thing at the end of the straight isn't ideal...will have to have a go when i have more time, and inclination to use a hammer on a toy car.

Also finally ordered a Top Force. Rcmart have them and apparently with hi caps included. Somehow i got signoff from the finance committee so its on its way.

Broke a D817??? Wow, that’s an awesome effort. The President from my local RC Club runs HB, his “Race Name” in the timing system is Loose Cannon, he punishes his HB’s :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

That's a tempting deal.  I'll have to think about buying one for several weeks and then regret it when they sell out.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Broke a D817??? Wow, that’s an awesome effort. The President from my local RC Club runs HB, his “Race Name” in the timing system is Loose Cannon, he punishes his HB’s :lol:

I know right? They are virtually indestructible. When I got the replacement parts I got some funny looks...then when I didn't run the final and they laughed thinking it was a case of dropping the kingpin out and putting the new one in and I showed them the bent top one and how it needed things like a vice to get apart they were a bit quieter...not sure how fast they go but I'm running an OS Mx which is fast, and it was at the end of the straight so the fastest the car would go on the track.

11 minutes ago, Blista said:

That's a tempting deal.  I'll have to think about buying one for several weeks and then regret it when they sell out.

I just bought it on the spot as my wife said 'just buy it' but rcjaz have the kit without the hi caps for a lot less. And the Manta Ray is a lot less. I was in such a rush before anyone changed their mind that I forgot to add any extras.

The alloy motor mount is all thats needed right? The Top Force comes with full bearings and the hard drive shaft already? And the Yeah racing mount is the best bet as the Tamiya one is 3x the price?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Top Force comes with full bearings and the hard drive shaft already? 

No bushings and yes to shaft. Yeah racing ta01 motor mount is good I have no complaints. Also think about replacing the soft aluminum idler gear that goes in rear gearbox with 50529 or 47393. 

Edited by MICHAELs TopForce17
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, appleby20 said:

Finishing my Globe Liner

48854979591_ce3f9b95a1_c.jpg.cdf6bf78ec217dce9b248d59194e6f00.jpg

48855304806_e91716f429_c.jpg.91914f6388cf291db7b59c25eef776de.jpg

Nice!

13 hours ago, Blista said:

Sold my CC01 chassis this morning after putting it up for sale late last night (Bronco body is now on my CR01).  Goodbye CC01.  I hardly knew ye.

QHi82zW.jpg

I didn't expect it to sell straight away and now I'm wondering if I underestimated demand for it.  Ah well, at least it's sold and I can start thinking about buying a buggy.  Immediately looked for a TT02B MS and they're now discontinued.  I'm wondering if it's cheaper to build a custom TT02B MS from hopups and spares rather than buying a kit and not using most of it.  Time to get prices and break out the spreadsheet.  :D

I am looking at trying to sell mine again, any tips? 😄

Rough and ready... not the colour or scheme I wanted, but was out of cash and went through my paint collection and this is what transpired.... still heaps to do and now have to be more realistic about how much detail I can put on it. Will be at a show on Saturday so...

CZjrZ3U.jpg

• Like 6

@Jonathon Gillham YAY YOU GOT A TOP FORCE!

Any aftermarket metal mount is just fine. If you are running mild brushless i would try and track down a TA02 high speed gear set. They rere it recently. Can't remember the number, but IME the Top Force will be disappointingly slow on something like 13.5 if you are usedcto your boomerang on 17t pinion. If you can't track down the high speed set then 50529 plastic geaeset and a steel or hard coated 0.6mod pinion are the only other things. And it's ball diffs so make sure you some top quality ball diff grease on hand. 

• Like 1

I have recently made a crawler-related diversion away from Tamiya. So they immediately announced the CC-02!

588476F4-5109-4317-9F1B-7C428E87CD34.jpg

These are SCX10ii axles but I’m not building an Axial. Don’t know whether it merits a build thread in these hallowed halls.

13 hours ago, berman said:

I am looking at trying to sell mine again, any tips? 😄

I think I struck it lucky, but there were a few watchers within minutes of putting it up so it could be a good time to sell with summer approaching.  I sold the chassis without a body or electronics so that kept the price down.  If there's one rule, it's that New Zealanders are cheap.  :D

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Blista said:

I think I struck it lucky, but there were a few watchers within minutes of putting it up so it could be a good time to sell with summer approaching.  I sold the chassis without a body or electronics so that kept the price down.  If there's one rule, it's that New Zealanders are cheap.  :D

Oh mate, you said it. Bunch of tight wads... half of them expect you to hand it to them free, entitled so and so's... I loathe selling stuff. 

One guy asked me if there was any spare parts, I told him I had enough to build another 1 and a half cars, he asked me to send them and then wanted to be sure the postage wasn't going to be any more...

I said "No, postage will be the same because the spares weren't listed in the auction" and he got the car cheap anyway , Cheeky.. 😄

• Haha 3

I bought a new hotshot for a nice price,   ordered al the super hotshot suspension parts that I need  to convert it  to  4 shocks, and some gmade xd shocks for it.

The car and al the parts were the same price as a super hot shot, but I do not like the yellow cva shocks that come with it, and bearings i have in stock.

• Like 1

Technically last night but mounted my DIY display onto the wall. Basic but does the job. Just need to get the shells on 

20191009_185946

• Like 5

Got these three ready for some highly competitive garden racing with my son! New wings for the Top Force and Egress and a full tighten of tightenables for the Top Cat after it's first run last weekend!

20191010_190946.thumb.jpg.ee635ae9357062739dcead1415ceb56b.jpg

• Like 3

Some updates...

- New differential gear case . Rebuilt the differential, cleaned the bearings too.

EJLyfGyh.jpg

a1iVV1Kh.jpg

rzGZh36h.jpg

New front gearbox cover

t6XL51xh.jpg

lA9eLGlh.jpg

- Re-positioned the rear shocks. Better rebound and travel

hhc59WHh.jpg

- New Xtraspeed center shaft

vCQmFAZh.jpg

IECOggmh.jpg

4WieyyNh.jpg

• Like 1

Got a message this morning to say FAV2 arrived safely and we have a happy chappy  as the new owner. 

• Like 1

Got the notification my Top Force has finally shipped. Ordered a couple of JX 4409MG servos, one for the Top Force the other for the TT02 which will become a Tamiya GT racer when I finally get around to racing onroad again.

Got to sort out the rest of the parts, unfortunately that is going to be split between a few suppliers

My clodbuster body mounts kept snapping off and they are not cheap so I brought these 

https://ebay.to/320Higv

Needs some adjusting and the body holes need to be made bigger, but feels so solid and love the ARRMA type body rests

UHXR3aEl.jpg

U9Ya2W1l.jpg

MeMEJ0Nl.jpg

• Like 1