Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today I have finished my konghead chassis and cut the body.

Ordered a 1750kv 6 pole tenshock crawler motor for it.

I have to put the new motor in it when it arrives and mount the esc and paint the body.

IMG_7233.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG

IMG_7235.JPG

• Like 8

Finished a body for my f103 to go racing with. 

I messed up the paint work on this about a year ago and it's been hidden away from sight ever since. Rather than throw it away I decided to go racing(amateur) if I found a suitable chassis! One f103 rs chassis and a few decals I think I'm done😊

I know it's not a lotus but it looks quite lotus ish and I've always loved the the Gold leaf team lotus livery. 

I may regret this😟

15708331974645846415489438026089.jpg

• Like 9

Took the CR01 out for a quick jaunt around the garden and newly mowed lawn since the sun is shining today.  The cat is not a fan but watches it from a safe distance.ZFUxMPd.jpg

It has the turning circle of Jupiter with both diffs locked.  I really need to find somewhere to give it a proper workout.

• Like 6

Upgraded the TT-02 fun car to a Surpass hobby 3650 4 pole 5200kV motor. On 3S lipo, this makes for a healthy 1200W mechanical output power :D. Enough to destroy and blow fully glued tyres off the front wheels, because when the front diff unloads the inside wheel spins up to 150kmh+. Thicker diff oil required. 
vU3yl0D.jpg

lT8uCcW.jpg

• Like 2

New blue screws on the Pro-R

UNQD43kh.jpg

oix5U8Sh.jpg

New carbon fiber front bulkhead stiffener and aluminum diff ball joint set for the RR

qKTbRERh.jpg

I also made dirt/splash guard for the RR. Because when rallying, that' where all the soil/dirt builds up.

3hLLteeh.jpg

eqoOlWeh.jpg

GjypSYuh.jpg

• Like 6

Last night's local on-road race...

It's been 12 years since I last raced on-road.

Both cars got trophies. The RR got a 3rd overall out of 8 cars in the stock FWD class. While the Pro-R got a 3rd overall in the open class out of 12 cars which included 4WD (XV-01TC, TA05, TA07 Pro, FF03Pro, FF-02, Kyosho Fazer, AE TC4) brushless and brushed combined

N1l84oUh.jpg

rSBMv1Oh.jpg

gqWE2e1h.jpg

My daughter practicing with the RR car for on-road

x9kGcCih.jpg

TPaVrxLh.jpg

• Like 15

That's a cool looking track set up, looks like you both had fun!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Futura said:

That's a cool looking track set up, looks like you both had fun!

Yes we did enjoy so much. Thank you! 😊 

Started the rebuild of my re re optima and completely cleaned it simple green and wd40

FEFAB864-D53E-404C-AB4B-B0553F33E4BF.jpeg

• Like 3

I test fitted my CNC milled aluminium front shock towers on my falcon today!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've moved the failure point to the bulkhead now, but with the rise of retro-engineered solutions or hand made brackets I should be able to seriously (relative to age) run this car :)

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Hairyjon313 said:

Pictures say a thousand words. Thanks to @Carts for the shell. 

20191014_214509.jpg

Glad u like it 

well my tbg terra scorcher shell still hasn't arrived so... started my tt-02b neo scorcher build...

hnTQCfO.jpg

learned a lot from the tt-02b build threads on this forum. one tip was getting replacement metal gears. but then hey have to be filed down. here's what would yanks term as the umm 'redneck method' to filing them down:

WKhk2NI.jpg

yes i did put my safety squints on. and yes it worked a treat! :D

• Like 3

Screwed up what in my mind was a good idea (I wanted scales like a dragon) but looked rubbish. Tonight I managed to clean one side off using Revell paint remover and lots of effort. Will do the other side tomorrow

bodge up:

8043A37A-BB24-4787-8B55-3BEA4DEF326A.thumb.jpeg.3967720bc5b015528b3e3a41da7d8dcf.jpeg

Cleaned off

16A8037E-F0AA-4D22-B58F-F5CD42FD467C.thumb.jpeg.4b7a4e1838e74bfbab609d4c941db4cf.jpeg

Some spanner time tonight 

2FE4FAEB-AC2D-4D5B-A6F5-5228548133CF.jpg
finished converting my wt01 4x4x4 back in to two standard wt01s. I couldn’t get on with the former, it just felt heavy and dull. 2wd version seems much more to my liking, and has gone down well with the kids. I wince less when the wt01 crashes straight in to stuff too :D 

2nd job was to fit the hop up suspension parts to my xv01t. It’s now a long damper version, with aluminium suspension blocks in the front. That should hopefully keep the arms on in it’s inevitable coming together with the wt01!

3rd job was in conclusive. Something not right in my Dancing Rider gearbox. I can hold both wheels, apply throttle and the motor rotates quite happily. However it’s not the pinion, as with the motor out, I can hold the pinion while applying throttle, and the motor whines and doesn’t rotate. Diff seems to work ok too. More experimenting tomorrow, does anyone have any suggestions?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MockTurtle said:

well my tbg terra scorcher shell still hasn't arrived so... started my tt-02b neo scorcher build...

hnTQCfO.jpg

learned a lot from the tt-02b build threads on this forum. one tip was getting replacement metal gears. but then hey have to be filed down. here's what would yanks term as the umm 'redneck method' to filing them down:

WKhk2NI.jpg

yes i did put my safety squints on. and yes it worked a treat! :D

I did mine with a file and a vice grip, works great

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

I did mine with a file and a vice grip, works great

yup i actually started off the same! ..but then saw the prop joint... "hey what if i jam this into the drill press". thus the RCLathe 6000 (tm) was born :lol:

just finished cleaning my Yokomo MR-4TC SD CM Drift Package. it has never been cleaned since i bought it back in 2006. will order a few parts and upgrades before i get to the assembly.

I've started pulling apart the XV01 in preparation for summer.  First job is to remake the diffs.  The front diff had leaked everywhere.  I've finished cleaning that up today.  The rear one is perfectly fine and I'm tempted to leave the it as-is.

WKLp3KZ.jpg

I also put my M06 up for sale recently and while I had a dozen people watching, nobody was willing to buy it.  I'm not surprised since M-chassis racing seems to be either M05 or M07 based here.  Owning the M06 seems a bit redundant since I'd now rather spend money on an M08.

• Like 1

Currently waiting in project limbo so made a start on getting the willy sorted! 

The body and driver are a bit beyond me so just cleaned up 

Will just strip rebuild with decent bearings and leave brushed 

88Ys0lcl.jpg

7Tbr6Ifl.jpg

6C66DIGl.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/16/2019 at 9:12 PM, CoolHands said:

Screwed up what in my mind was a good idea (I wanted scales like a dragon) but looked rubbish. Tonight I managed to clean one side off using Revell paint remover and lots of effort. Will do the other side tomorrow

bodge up:

8043A37A-BB24-4787-8B55-3BEA4DEF326A.thumb.jpeg.3967720bc5b015528b3e3a41da7d8dcf.jpeg

Cleaned off

16A8037E-F0AA-4D22-B58F-F5CD42FD467C.thumb.jpeg.4b7a4e1838e74bfbab609d4c941db4cf.jpeg

iv'e just had a idea that might work on your scale idea.

you could use them white thingies that are used for when you have a bath what you would use instead of a sponge.

take it apart and use as a template

• Like 1

I started to build a twin-pipe exhaust for the V8 engine in Hopper's HiLux - using a Wild Willy NOS bottle (two actually, including the other end of one glue on to mirror the flat end), some old roll-cage pieces and some aluminium tube for the tips.

i-xwGVfjL-XL.jpg

i-VRv5DTd-XL.jpg

I particularly like that the moulded NOS bottle straps will add further detail to the silencer section, even though you won't actually be able to see them of course!

Jx

• Like 2

Sold the M06 chassis today.  It was a nice surprise to sell so quickly since I had thought I'd probably end up with it gathering dust until I eventually figured out something to do with it.

I've also rebuilt my front XV01 diff using the guide on TheRCRacer: https://www.thercracer.com/2013/07/how-to-build-perfect-tamiya-gear-diff.html

bdIWJFz.jpg

I decided to leave the rear diff as it is since it hasn't leaked (yet).  More XV01 bits are on their way before I rebuild the chassis.

• Like 1