Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I accidentally bought an FF03. I am going to end up with more on road than buggies at this rate. What have i become?!! 

Hope it gets more tracktime with you.

• Like 1

Had a brain fart and managed to connect a 3S LiPo to a NiMH battery briefly instead of an ESC I was testing on the bench :o. Luckily one of the batteries was a NiMH with a tamiya plug and adapter, which probably helped limit the current, and I didn't push the connectors home because of the sparks. Still, the current was high enough to blast chunks out of the contacts. Replaced the connectors and both batteries seem fine :unsure: A lesson to never have more than one battery out at a time if you don't have plugs that are keyed to prevent that situation!
pJcbrwY.jpg1m0kxIi.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Finished her late last night! So happy to have it in my collection after lusting after one for years!

Avante build 2

• Like 16

Finished my konghead today and toke it for a run in the forest, the car runs very good its a much better crawler then my cc-01 on places where my cc-01 struggles the konghead runs over it and climb like a mountain goat.

The turning circle of the car is nice even without the rear steering I can make a circle within 90 cm, but I have cvd's at the front and alloy chub and knuckles that give the car much more steering then stock.

The tenshock crawler motor is very good you can creep with it drive it real slow without goging and its a sensorless motor, you can't see the difference between this and a sensored motor.

Now the big question what to do with the cc-01 I think I made some sort of rally car out of it.

IMG_20191029_141755.jpg

IMG_20191029_142024.jpg

• Like 7

Dual Hunter on the beach.

IMG_20191029_125214.jpg

IMG_20191029_122441.jpg

Mum, Dad and son all got some running time and much fun was had 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, NWarty said:

Finished her late last night! So happy to have it in my collection after lusting after one for years!

Avante build 2

Such a stunning looking buggy probably the best looking rc car tamiya have ever made!

• Like 3

Ordered some WR-02CB suspension arms for my G6-01. Wanted to make it a bit wider than stock, but not as wide as a TL-01B. Should make it a bit more stable without significantly altering the looks...

• Like 1

Not so much what I have done today but what I have to do...

Mrs BC said we should go back to the beach next year 'but take two trucks so we can race'.

Little BC said 'but you have to fix the steering on mine first'.

So a post-beach tear down of the blue Dual Hunter and new servo is in order...

Two more Tamiya converts!!!

• Like 1

Dosen't that mean you'll have to get 2 more trucks so you can all have a go:D

33 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Dosen't that mean you'll have to get 2 more trucks so you can all have a go:D

Erm, I already have three Dual Hunters :lol:!!!

I don’t think all three will fit in the boot of the car with all the holiday stuff :mellow:. Two will have to do.

Next time I’ll take a spade and some markers so we can have a proper course.

22 hours ago, moffman said:

Such a stunning looking buggy probably the best looking rc car tamiya have ever made!

Isn't it just. I have a touring car collection, but cant stop thinking about adding the Avante to it. 

42 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Page 911... some one post some Porsche stuff :D

Give me an hour😉

1 hour ago, Hairyjon313 said:

Isn't it just. I have a touring car collection, but cant stop thinking about adding the Avante to it. 

Do it! do it! :wub:(only if you can afford though)

56 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Sorry @svenb couldn’t wait any longer. 

48988064967_9e2ae590b3_b.jpg

B) 

I'll raise you a GT1

Just finished 😉

1572474622155533808637088427387.jpg

• Like 5

Installed a new YR fan and fabricated a cf fan guard on the FF-03Pro-R.

405h6bMh.jpg

loGamzuh.jpg

• Like 3

Stripped the beach run Dual Hunter down to its component parts to clean all the screws and prepare for rebuild / upgrade.

Noticed a crack underneath. Took the gearbox apart to find a HUGE crack, too big to be epoxied as I had hoped. It didn't seem to had under tension but I think a new gearbox casing is in order.

Also found a couple of dodgy screw choices by the previous owner. So a steering arm from my stash is likely required together with a king pin. Hoping the bodge they put in to hold the steering servo hasn't compromised the screw hole but I would like to try some making bracing for the servo anyway. Or get an @waterbok steering mount from Shapeways.

okay page 911, i guess this goes here instead of the postman thread... unboxed this today...

ef0759.jpg

ef075c.jpg

ef075b.jpg

• Like 1

Went hunting in the loft for old cans of PS paint, found this.

spacer.png

Can of PS6 still wrapped up. What do I class it as, NOS, SIC (still in cellophane)?:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

I always wondered how you did the stickers.  They look like they are painted on the inside.  

It's cool if you want to keep that secret, by the way.  

Just stuck to the outside like normal :) Build thread for that car here: 

• Thanks 1

Stripped down my Bush Devil, should’ve done it straight away after it fell in the sea back in March. There’s 1 stubborn screw pin from the back left refusing to leave the gearbox, hopefully after a soaking in 3in1.

48993221122_1953584551_b.jpg

There’s the remains of a bearing that was pretty stubborn too. I think I can salvage most of the screws and nuts, with some work. Except for the motor, that was toast & got binned. Looking forward getting my ratty ORV running again.

• Like 1

Almost done chopping my cc01....mounted the servo up front, flipped front hubs, mounted front shocks behind uprights and made a longer skid plate.

20191031_165901.jpg

20191031_163620.jpg

• Like 1