Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20191031_164404.jpg

20191031_164840.jpg

Also put electrics in a plastic box, after frying an Rx on my last run.

20191031_163912.jpg

I have also now moved the front shock top mounts further back so they are at 90 degrees to the wishbones.

20191031_232250.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Made a start on the MB, liking the dark ORV Chassis 😃

6DB4653B-CCA8-43E0-80AC-735D675BEE90.md.

Enjoy your monster beetle build ( not rocket science) it's obviously the black MB! People tend to knock the special editions black, chrome's etc etc but as it goes this is a very cool looking one IMO the blitzer beetle metallic special was another good one aswell enjoy the build

20190901_125733.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Made a start on the MB, liking the dark ORV Chassis 😃

6DB4653B-CCA8-43E0-80AC-735D675BEE90.md.

ORV looks so much better in black, as does the Monster Beetle. Way less toy like in my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

ORV looks so much better in black, as does the Monster Beetle. Way less toy like in my opinion. 

I like black for the frame, yeah, but I always thought Tamiya might have opted for gray or red for the chassis back in the 80's as black was the exact toy looks in those days.

• Like 2

Received the yeah racing alloy dampers i ordered dor the TA06, and built them this afternoon. They seem really nice. Finally gave up on the CVAs and more specifically the clip on preload collars for racing. Sticking the CVAs on my TL01 street runner. 

• Like 1

Got VERY annoyed:angry::angry::angry:. I diverted my DHL delivery of my Asterion to a collection point which I have done many times with other orders. You then get sent a collection code to pick it up. I checked the tracking and it said that the parcel had been delivered and that I had been informed, meaning I had been sent the code, trouble is I havent!!! The collection point will not release it to me without the code, which I understand but worse I cant get any sense out of DHL. If they have sent the code to an incorrect e mail address along with the pick up address then somebody else could pick it up. I actually stood by my parcel but could not touch it. Customer services open at 8.00am so my finger hits the dial at 7.59!!!!! If all else fails it will sit there for a week and then be returned to Tamico and we will have to go through it all again+ I will have to pay postage a second time.

• Sad 4

Yet another tale of a failure at the last hurdle - the uk leg of delivery is where it always seems to fall apart. Sadly DHL are part of the UKmail group who are an absolute shower of...

When I have ordered from Tamico recently I try and use the DPD option as they have been much better.

As a guy who used to work on a DHL service point (in a hardware & homeward shop) it made me never want to use DHL ever. I think I could count smooth transactions without having to restort to toes.  Only time I'll use them is if the only other option is china sea freight. 

You live and learn. Shame as I could have picked DPD option for just a little more. Anyway lets see what tomorrow brings!!!!

17 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Got VERY annoyed:angry::angry::angry:. I diverted my DHL delivery of my Asterion to a collection point which I have done many times with other orders. You then get sent a collection code to pick it up. I checked the tracking and it said that the parcel had been delivered and that I had been informed, meaning I had been sent the code, trouble is I havent!!! The collection point will not release it to me without the code, which I understand but worse I cant get any sense out of DHL. If they have sent the code to an incorrect e mail address along with the pick up address then somebody else could pick it up. I actually stood by my parcel but could not touch it. Customer services open at 8.00am so my finger hits the dial at 7.59!!!!! If all else fails it will sit there for a week and then be returned to Tamico and we will have to go through it all again+ I will have to pay postage a second time.

Sorted. Customer services were sort of helpful but more so was the collection point owner. He re processed the order and low and behold a collection code arrived on my phone. Job done:D:D

• Like 2

love the paint job. Bet its more difficult to paint wavy lines than straight ones?????

Edited by Busdriver
missed word
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Sorted. Customer services were sort of helpful but more so was the collection point owner. He re processed the order and low and behold a collection code arrived on my phone. Job done:D:D

Hassle you could do without though? A few months ago I was at a local depot in a small village (with my job) I passed a petrol station with police swarming around it and apparently someone/people had literally tried to and successfully by the looks of it blow up the cash machine and next to the cash machine was one of those collection point lockers or what was left of it and all the contents

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

love the paint job. Bet its more difficult to paint wavy lines than straight ones?????

Thankd. I initially thought it would be hard, but in the end i just roughly tore strips of masking tape lengthways and it came out ok. 

*Finally* managed to sort the paint and fitting of this Avante 2001 shell onto my Egress (I've never liked the Egress shell). Made a new wing mount to get the wing into more or less the right position. Not happy with the repro decals I bought though - adhesion is good, but they're far too thick, so they don't conform at all to the shell. I've ordered some from MCI instead - I've had good experiences from them in the past. Still, quite happy with how it looks - need to run it now!

IMG_7140.jpeg

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Barnoid said:

*Finally* managed to sort the paint and fitting of this Avante 2001 shell onto my Egress (I've never liked the Egress shell). Made a new wing mount to get the wing into more or less the right position. Not happy with the repro decals I bought though - adhesion is good, but they're far too thick, so they don't conform at all to the shell. I've ordered some from MCI instead - I've had good experiences from them in the past. Still, quite happy with how it looks - need to run it now!

IMG_7140.jpeg

If it's the decals from Ebay from the guy in dartford I had the same trouble with my mudblaster quite good decals but far to think vinyl to follow the flow of the body MCI decals are spot on next best thing to the original obviously original is the best but you can't go wrong with MCI decals 

2 hours ago, moffman said:

If it's the decals from Ebay from the guy in dartford I had the same trouble with my mudblaster quite good decals but far to think vinyl to follow the flow of the body MCI decals are spot on next best thing to the original obviously original is the best but you can't go wrong with MCI decals 

That’s the ones. Excellent resolution, but just not useable. I’ve used MCI before and been very impressed :-)

6 hours ago, Barnoid said:

I like the red color for that buggy!

BTW, the best reproduction decals I've ever had were the ones made by TamiyaClub. It's too bad they don't make them anymore.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 8:12 PM, moffman said:

Enjoy your monster beetle build ( not rocket science) it's obviously the black MB! People tend to knock the special editions black, chrome's etc etc but as it goes this is a very cool looking one IMO the blitzer beetle metallic special was another good one aswell enjoy the build

20190901_125733.jpg

I will/am enjoying very much ta. This is my 3rd ORV. I’m at the stage now where the chassis is almost done, and you start trying the body shells off of other models you have to see how they would look 😉

• Like 1

Had to tell myself ‘no’ today. The Tamico deal of the week is the F103GT Toyota Le Mans TS050 and I really, really wanted one. 

However, it is an on-road / track car I’ll never actually use and my cutting / painting / decal skills aren’t at the level to make a decent shelfer. Nor do so have anywhere to put a shelfer on display!

I have also recently bought some more bits for my scratch build project, a second shell for my JK Jeep crawler (most are listed at double what I paid so it was a bargain, honest) plus a new gearbox case for one Dual Hunter and servos for two of them.

Time to concentrate on finishing some projects and rebuilding two Dual Hunters ready for the beach next year!

Hang on, what about the 1:24 static instead...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I ‘needed’ that Toyota Gazoo F103GT as soon as I saw it too! 

finally managed to get a rusty screw pin out of the Bush Devil gearbox with a punch & a hammer. A small victory!

• Like 1

This evening I finished fitting WR-02CB suspension to my G6-01, widening the track by 20mm. The subtle change in stance makes it look lower and faster to my eye, without actually sacrificing any ground clearance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1