Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lil shout to anybody working on BIG BEAR's interiors: the Wild Willy 2 steering wheel works very good in it!

xhcvAYj.jpg

;)

• Like 4

I've installed the AMpro axle bracket on my Lunchbox today. :)

If you have the chance don't miss it, it's a fantastic functional piece you won't regret buying.

zk9dkBv.jpg

ICSxYMz.jpg

• Like 8

Almost finished my FF01 Mondeo shell, going to make this one the Mansell #5 & just need some wheels.

49103086003_c7ab859929_b.jpg

• Like 7

Not the greatest photo but I have the axles attached to my trail rig.

1B353FC5-FE80-4127-8220-E64335066C54.jpg

Since then I attached the lower end of the dampers front and rear.

Then realised that the Panhard mount is on the wrong side of the chassis for this axle. Oops.

• Like 1

Just made a start putting this Monster Racer back together after a full strip and clean..

hBad5xD.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Matt_G40 said:

Almost finished my FF01 Mondeo shell, going to make this one the Mansell #5 & just need some wheels.

49103086003_c7ab859929_b.jpg

Red 5 👍

I was at Donnington Park when he smashed it up🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I continue to enjoy the Lunchbox in a variety of environments. I have a Traxxas XL5 system with a Titan 12T motor coming in a few days, so I think that'll perk it up enough!

I'm constantly amazed how quiet it is... the gearbox/motor are so smooth and quiet, it is disconcerting...

IMG_20191122_194130.jpg

• Like 7

Not a good week for RC for me unfortunately.

One of those stupid step screws backed out of my heavry dump truck last week and I lost a dogbone and drive cup, well the same one came out of my konghead, lucky I found all three pieces, but realised the centre axle dogbone was missing, so only front and rear drive, no centre drive? No backed out step screw, the dogbone is just missing? So that's two runners out of action... plus havent fixed the broken diff on my lunchbox yet...

Then last night, I was testing my Kyosho DRX after work as I was going to list it for sale, it does 80kph, I tried it in the dusty industrial type street where I work, and thought I heard a car coming from the other direction, turned for a split second to watch the DRX do 80kph into a Van tyre and completely obliterate itself. Whole front diff and right hand side is destroyed and the body shattered into a few pieces. 😐 oh well, 'One careful lady owner driven to church on sundays' will not be the sales pitch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 11/17/2019 at 9:37 PM, ThunderDragonCy said:

I had the small bore aeration buggy damper set off the 201 on mine which were lovely. I have the 53926 DF03 alloy shocks on one of my other buggies and they are super nice too, and less maintenance than the aerations because they are still diaphragm internals. They could be built tje correct length. Fronts would fit straight out of tje box. Rears would need the short eyelet and some internal spacers to bring them down to around 94mm eye to eye. 

I think I've sorted the suspension issue. Just fitted my big bore aeration dampers on the rear, needed a small amount of spacing but they fit. Short set ordered from Tamico for the front.

20191123_205446.thumb.jpg.6127860ff744131dcd0c9c56e58a28df.jpg

• Like 3

Went (sort of) racing, but there was no transmitter in sight. A friend and I have bought a 1:1 race car to run in the Lemons 24hr endurance race in May. www.24lemons.co.nz if anyone is interested. Today we went along to a track day to give the car a run and it was great fun, my first time on a track in 12 years. Its a 1995 AE111 Toyota Levin which we bought it already built so hopefully just tyres, brake pads and a service and we will be good to go...sure, cos thats how these things work right.

My wife must be wondering who she married. 3 years ago there was an old rc car in the garage which she didn't know about. Now there are about 15 and its progresed from cars for home to 10th racers to 8th racers to 1th racers...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

This was actually yesterday. I finished a freshen up of my FAV along with a motor swap to a 21.5T from a 17.5. I did it to my Grasshopper and liked it so I thought I'd try it on the FAV. Got to the park and drove about 20 feet, turned around and drove back toward me. It hit the edge of the grass and got about 3-4 inches of air. It landed and stopped, no more throttle/reverse. I got about 10 seconds of a run! Turns out I had a bad solder job on one of the esc bullet connectors. At this point I have a less than 50% success rate with soldering :rolleyes: These days I have my step-father come over and solder for me, he's over 70 but his hands shake less than mine at 46, LOL.

• Like 2

Cut out a bug shell today. 

49118292957_ae473ff9e0_b.jpg

It’s such an iconic shape.  Next job: masking B)

• Like 9

Went to the park with my son. Gave him the dump truck this time with the throttle turned down. Told him he can't have the black one as it's too fast and it might break again. Well daddy broke it, and daddy broke the Terminator Clod, so daddy was left watching the boy potter around with the dump truck 😄

9dfIoGs.jpg

TiqlEKI.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I got the love bug :wub: masked up

49123972958_262f3831f9_b.jpg

Might be a while till it stops raining & I can paint.

• Like 2

I got the love bug :wub: masked up

49123972958_262f3831f9_b.jpg

Might be a while till it stops raining & I can paint.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 7:40 PM, berman said:

One of those stupid step screws backed out

thats why I never use step screws I always throw them away, I always use bushings with screws with a locknut or I use metal turnbuckles with rod ends and bold them with screws with lock nuts

• Like 1

Building a new project. (Non-Tamiya)

LRP S10 Blast TC Clubracer

I'm surprised how this kit is unpopular. The stock kit comes with many upgrades like aluminum motor mount, center shaft, big bore dampers, aluminum chassis posts, universal shafts, ball bearings (except steering), metal gears (including diffs). This kit only costs $65 (shipping included).

Although it arrived pre-assembled, it needs a full rebuild on the gearbox (replace stock grease to oil), replace shock oil, fine tune the turnbuckles.

gOT7FAdh.jpg

upgrade steering bushings to bearings 4 x 850 size ($1)

YzhWVEqh.jpg

vs7Dhf3h.jpg

Next upgrade is the aluminum knuckles and c-hubs (made by ZD Racing less than $20 for both sets)

GMivsJ9h.jpg

LXn7owfh.jpg

cfSATLvh.jpg

RtjYP5Zh.jpg

Replaced stock ball connectors and ball ends to Tamiya. Much, much smoother now.

34qkWxCh.jpg

MS9MjAgh.jpg

Aluminum servo mount ($12)

TQFjFbgh.jpg

I have an extra new TRF shocks so I decided to use them instead of the big bore stock shocks.

wARAG7Uh.jpg

BydzFFeh.jpg

fiSBENVh.jpg

qB2byjzh.jpg

hTw4V1oh.jpg

Next upgrade will be the carbon fiber pieces (upper deck, front and rear upper deck stiffener, shock towers and battery holder). Having them laser cut this weekend from a 3mm carbon fiber board.

Out of the box, this kit is definitely 10x better than a TT-02 for a fraction of the cost considering that this have many upgrades included.

I intend to use this for bashing, rally and clubracing too.

• Like 1