Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As I’ll be loosing my hobby space very shortly for month as the room has been reverted back to a bedroom for my daughters boyfriend visit 🙄.
This was a an opportune time to get a bit organized, as bits and pieces where starting to spread out of reach (and mind) in all sorts of poorly labelled packets . So I picked up some stackable screw together tubs for centralizing all the various nuts, bolts, screws, washers, bearings, drive pins, split pins, etc in one easy find spot for $4 that only take up the same footprint as a mug on the workspace when not in use. Also a couple of flat storage containers for other bits and bobs for $6.Not a bad bit of Zen for 10 bucks 👍🏻

0D85C7B6-1F50-4F5B-BBFD-71D6268C1F4D.md.

9ACA167D-9E29-414A-B11F-94DD6D3BC3CD.md.

• Like 4

Upgraded the stock silver can in the Lunchbox to a Traxxas Titan 12T, went from 20kph to 38kph! I then promptly broke a body post. Oh, and the wheel in the wheelie bar was gone so I replaced it with a bearing.

• Like 1

Killed my DT-03 Neo Frog at the beach!

Did an almighty jump almost vertical on 3s and it came down on one of the rear back wheels and made that familiar cracking sound because it managed to hone in on a bit of rock hiding in the sand! Just my luck!

Snapped the suspension arm mount off the gearbox so now it's guts are showing!

NzBHqnT.jpg

Not mad though, I'd already had a good hour or so of bashing by then so it didn't spoil things.

The funny thing is I always thought if the car was going to break it would have been near the motor where I cut tons of plastic away to help cooling but that part is fine.

Repair cost is looking to be an eye watering £8 :o

Didn’t find any Black Friday ‘deals’ on anything I wanted or could justify so put in an order for a few more sundries in the hope that I might have enough parts to finish my trail truck build.

Picked up a new car and some hopups today for some fun and tinkering....not Tamiya...shock horror, but an FTX Outlaw ultra 4 buggy.

It's rtr, so a bit of a departure from kit building, but I intend on doing some custom work and giving it some proper poke in the form of a 3500kv brushless combo. The wheelie type tx has gotta go in favour of my FSI6 stick tx. Already have the rx in stock and the combo.

Have got a steel rear prop, alloy chassis plate, alloy motor mount, lower and upper rear links and all of the associated link brackets. 

20191129_172927.jpg

20191129_173744.jpg

• Like 4

Found a couple of cars I want and with money......interesting due to one of us not working have opened up some boxes to find 3 buggies where I thought there was only one.....

so tied up as best as possible without doing any deep works, took some photos and posted em as for sale.

On 11/27/2019 at 3:26 PM, nellyle said:

Fitted the front big bore aeration dampers, so I now have big bores all round on my zahhak.

20191127_202510.thumb.jpg.1a7527d742639f40881cf7adf7a91f99.jpg

Looks great with them and keeping the original body. I have df03 aluminum on my dn01.  

After spending ages trying to decide between asking Father Christmas for an M-08 or MF-01X, I decided on...

...a TT-02 Type S!

It is a chassis I have been wanting to add to my fleet for a while now as a backup to my TB-03, and after reading in another thread about their discontinuation, I thought I had best prioritise it. To that end, I have helped Father Christmas out by ordering it and a selection of hop-ups from Tamico. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Installed the new servo in my XV01.  Hooked it up and adjusted it to get it centered and then set the EPA limits.  After that I realized that I hadn't noticed the steering channel needed reversing.  Did that and of course now all the settings were wrong so I adjusted them back to stock settings to start again.  Now the servo wouldn't move at all though.  Switched things on and off, unplugged it and plugged it back in a couple of times.  I can hear the servo making faint noise but it refuses to move.  Hoping I haven't accidentally killed a new expensive servo I plugged it into another receiver.  Works fine.  Reinstall it in the XV01, still no movement.  I looked up resetting the model in my transmitter and voila!  Back to working again.  I think what I'd done is when removing the EPA limits instead of going down to zero I must've gone up to 100.  I was very relieved.

Needed a lot of adjustment to get it to center the steering and the servo mounts are right up against the where the servo wires are.  As much as I enjoy my XV01 it can be cramped and fiddly in ways it shouldn't.  Not to mention how annoying the chassis can be when doing simple tasks like adjusting the belt tension.  It powerslides so nicely I still think it's worth it.

28PVjee.jpg

• Like 4

Went on-road racing today. Was supposed to run my new LRP s10 but decided to just run the FF-03 Pro-R. I didn't get any podium but I'm pretty much happy with the run.

qVEeSC5h.jpg

AJUp99rh.jpg

iQF6zYbh.jpg

p30V1jDh.jpg

wYnS5XOh.jpg

• Like 9

I'm trying to save money so instead of buying kits I'm printing one. The first two parts of the openRC F1 car have been printed and I'm loving it so far. 

spacer.png

I've also been wanting a proper stadium truck runner, something not too expensive or precious that I can shove around the cold and mud then rinse off, charge and repeat. A df01 manta ray with lowered front towers and short shocks fits a Blitzer shell perfectly.

spacer.png

Although I actually really like the look of the buggy tires, the unholy marriage of a Schumacher truck tire and a cheap crawler beadlock will be the end goal. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

IMG_20191130_190819

Raced my TA06 again. Sucked a bit less after a bit of practice! 

That picture reminded me of what a absolute pig it is to route the wiring on a 06😳

Much sympathy mate😉

• Haha 1

Set up my TT-01E with better turnbuckles, oil shocks, and tightened the slack in the front and rear drive shafts. Would have replaced the stock ones with Tamiya 800600 universal shafts, but turns out the ones for the TT-01 don’t fit the TT-01E (or rather, I need to cut a bit of thread off - sticks out the wheel too much). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, svenb said:

That picture reminded me of what a absolute pig it is to route the wiring on a 06😳

Much sympathy mate😉

Ha! Yeah, it's not the best, but i am kinda used to it. 

Swapped the pogo sticks for CVAs on my MF-01X, TT01 option 54753 is 55mm and has a bit more travel than stock. Springs supplied with it might be a bit too hard for my liking though.

49149036337_cef8f3fdee_b.jpg

• Like 2

I logged in again.

Realised it has been almost a year since I have charged a battery or touched a controller. I need to do something about that....

• Like 2

Windy and unusually cool today so I trekked out to the black hill creek again with the lunchieB) 

EF6107DD-3F0E-490D-8423-4D8C9DED4E03.jpeg

• Like 4

On Friday ordered a Beetle Rally to start my MF-01X multiple body build along with a couple of bits and bobs from tamico. Just went onto Tamico to look for something and noticed the discount flag at the top:rolleyes: My finger slipped and I bought a cayenne!!!:P

Another day, another couple of F1 parts printed.

spacer.png

Beadlocks done and a basic electronic system fitted in my stadium DF01. Ordered an ESC so hopefully it's not too far off running. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

More work done on my Range Rover body assembly.  Definitely some fiddling required to get everything aligned and screwed together, but overrall not too bad.

49154713312_a1ed9812d0_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49154006243_b488548d21_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 5