Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Of course, for the kids!  Admittedly my onroad cars have sat around with the exception of the F1 cars since I bought one for Jamie too.  We take them to the school every so often to run on the courts which makes a change from the backyard or offroad track on club days.  If it wasn't for his one then it would sit around.  I need to finish the TT02D I have sitting here with an unpainted shell, and probably get some rubber tyres for it.  Then I can take the TA07 out as well.  Its not as much fun on a big open court with the TA07 as its point and shoot, but it would still be nice to use it occasionally.

Does your onroad club run a kids class or open class or something?  It'll be perfect for the kids to run at that if they do.  I've found that removes the cap from the racing budget when its a father-child thing!

Unfortunately we don't have an off road option super close. I run off road at the park, but it's a good walk away and the weather is rubbish here at the moment. I live on a fairly quiet estate so i have been surprised how much i have used my on road cars just nipping out dor 20 mins in the street. Keeping between the kerbs keeps them hemmed in and i can use manhole covers as makeshift hairlin markers. Whenever the kids have shown a bit of interest it's been mucking about outside the house so that's what i have in mind. My youngest really loves karting on the odd occasion she has done it so thinking this might scratch that itch with something we can do together regularly. We don't have a kids class at the club, but the Iconic class is open to any Tamiya tub chassis with a scale shell and its 17t brushed, so we get kids having a go in that class. I am getting a cheap knockoff ebay shell to race this class eith my FF03 to preserve my 306 Maxi shell, so that can live on the TT02 as well if she wants a go. 

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, lsear2905 said:

I ran my GF01 Dump Truck and G601 Konghead at my little "track" around a collection of trees at the local high school - I snapped the screw for the bumper mount in the plastic mount, so had to remove that, drill out the screw, then put longer screws in and put it back together.

I did this too a couple of weeks ago. Ran my konghead without the bumper until I lost a dogbone. What screws did you use to replace the ones in the bumper? I managed to find the springs in the grass lol

Ordered a set of 4 lunchbox tires, to put on modified rims of a Marui Big Bear. 

Need to be quick while Tonytamiyaparts is still an EU member. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Unfortunately we don't have an off road option super close. I run off road at the park, but it's a good walk away and the weather is rubbish here at the moment. I live on a fairly quiet estate so i have been surprised how much i have used my on road cars just nipping out dor 20 mins in the street. Keeping between the kerbs keeps them hemmed in and i can use manhole covers as makeshift hairlin markers. Whenever the kids have shown a bit of interest it's been mucking about outside the house so that's what i have in mind. My youngest really loves karting on the odd occasion she has done it so thinking this might scratch that itch with something we can do together regularly. We don't have a kids class at the club, but the Iconic class is open to any Tamiya tub chassis with a scale shell and its 17t brushed, so we get kids having a go in that class. I am getting a cheap knockoff ebay shell to race this class eith my FF03 to preserve my 306 Maxi shell, so that can live on the TT02 as well if she wants a go. 

That sounds ideal. Is 17T still a decent speed? My clubs TT02 class runs the torque tuned which I assume is a lot slower than a 17T.

On that note, what would be better. A kyosho g2x 20T, or Tamiya Super Stock 23T? I just found out the vintage class is just brushed motors.

Funny how that happens, its whats easiest to do. Backyard is easiest for us. We could run on the street but those square spikes don't last long on the street but have done a couple of years on grass.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

That sounds ideal. Is 17T still a decent speed? My clubs TT02 class runs the torque tuned which I assume is a lot slower than a 17T.

On that note, what would be better. A kyosho g2x 20T, or Tamiya Super Stock 23T? I just found out the vintage class is just brushed motors.

Funny how that happens, its whats easiest to do. Backyard is easiest for us. We could run on the street but those square spikes don't last long on the street but have done a couple of years on grass.

Yeah, 17t it still very pacey because you can use race tyres. The fast guys lap TT01E only a couple of seconds off 17.5 TC pace, but it's accepted that it's the have a go category too. 

• Like 1

Pulled my 10 cars, 3 NIB kits, spare shells and all the associated tools/paints/spares/etc out of the attic at my Mum's so she could get at her Christmas decorations.

I'd stashed everything up there a few months ago in preparation for us moving house.  We've done that, so I've got everything here with me now.  Still too many other things to do to get back with RC just yet, so it'll all be going up in my attic shortly.  But early next year I should have a proper space to store and work on my stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StrokerBoy said:

early next year I should have a proper space to store and work on my stuff.

Oh, and an acre of garden to play with it in. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

All blue turnbuckles and screws for the S10

8MCZZnQ.jpg

LNJrHDa.jpg

56kWouE.jpg

Where did you get your blue screws from? I've been trying to get some for my Top Force, can get some sizes but not all.

4 hours ago, Oneball1971 said:

Where did you get your blue screws from? I've been trying to get some for my Top Force, can get some sizes but not all.

RCMart has them. I used to buy Tamiya screws but they only came in 5 pieces per pack. SO I switched to Yeah Racing which has 10 pieces per pack and comes out even cheaper. Quality is the same and sometime, YR is even better at lower than half the price to be honest.

Here I've used all Tamiya screws in my other FF-03 which cost me a lot.

ag5FJMuh.jpg

• Like 2

while wondering around Ebay while not much was happening at work a second hand manta ray jumped into my basket and then checked its self out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/8/2019 at 7:07 PM, a.w.k. said:

slooooooooooowly getting there, had a little spare time today

sup2.thumb.jpg.b3ae9f38374b1bc47e7d0a0b67753b0e.jpg

Supershot resto is nearing the end, body is painted in gunmetal and i started with the stickers

sup10.thumb.jpg.f60d7df419286cbdc98e2289067807c6.jpg

sup11.thumb.jpg.5a38e71fd2fa2357a543b3b32ec3d2fa.jpg

• Like 9

With a couple of discussions on lipos recently ,and their storage etc, I realised that Christmas is almost upon us, last week was the Summer holidays, and the week before that was ,last Christmas (🎤🎶🎶) , so that means some haven't seen the light of day for over a year.....😬

Biology wasn't my strong subject in school , but pretty sure they can't reproduce? Can they? 🤷‍♂️🙄

2019-12-13_02-10-34

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, a.w.k. said:

Supershot resto is nearing the end, body is painted in gunmetal and i started with the stickers

sup10.thumb.jpg.f60d7df419286cbdc98e2289067807c6.jpg

sup11.thumb.jpg.5a38e71fd2fa2357a543b3b32ec3d2fa.jpg

Gun metal looks better than the silver I did mine. Badass 😎

• Like 1

I did some work to the Ultimate TB01 build, on the body shell side of life. I am just awaiting the servo mounts and then I will be happy that it is a fully rolling chassis ready for the big unveil, lol

• Like 1

Another day, another doggo (not mine) wanting to play with one of my Tamiyas.

Dogs are the best.

IMG_20191212_195409.thumb.jpg.0730402dbe05b2e41c5eaec4377f2e21.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Gun metal looks better than the silver I did mine. Badass 😎

Yep I totally agree with you gun metal is the way to go I did my first avante re-re gun metal it's just meant to be👍

img37842_28072012123033_2_1100_.jpg

• Like 4

Got my Top Force today, even though it arrived a couple of months ago I had to wait for it. Also bought a couple of Super stock motors, a TZ and RZ. They popped up on FB RC Marketplace late last night for about half price and I was up watching cricket, had had a few beers...

This Top Force has gone against everything I normally say about RC purchases. I have bought a bunch of hopups and now faster brushed motors. I think the vintage class allows the Super Stock motors too. I think. They look cool even if I can't run them, they'll look good in the Fox and Boomerang if nothing else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Got my Top Force today, even though it arrived a couple of months ago I had to wait for it. Also bought a couple of Super stock motors, a TZ and RZ. They popped up on FB RC Marketplace late last night for about half price and I was up watching cricket, had had a few beers...

This Top Force has gone against everything I normally say about RC purchases. I have bought a bunch of hopups and now faster brushed motors. I think the vintage class allows the Super Stock motors too. I think. They look cool even if I can't run them, they'll look good in the Fox and Boomerang if nothing else.

I've got hop up bits etc coming for Xmas for my top force.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

You would’ve needed a few beers watching Starc rip through your batting line up 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I experimented polishing my recently acquired Sand Rover/Kumamon body, I'm quite impressed with how it turned out.

It might be that the red responds well against the blue re re Holiday buggies I've seen.

spacer.png

• Like 2

What did you use to polish it? I have one of these ready to build and wanted to try something similar.

6 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

You would’ve needed a few beers watching Starc rip through your batting line up 😂😂

Its a shame I missed seeing Southee return the favour last night. After the DRS shocker against CDG and us going so chdaply it was too hard to watch last night.