Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is for yesterday but I took my Konghead out for it's first test drive.

It went along pretty nicely. Using a 3900kv on 2s for now. Tempted to go 4ws but I see people seem to get a lot of roll overs. Has anyone tried using a crawler transmitter so they can turn the 4ws on and off? 

It only has the friction dampers for now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch over to the wider arms from from the baja king/wild dagger/bf extreme etc so I might as well wait till I do that.

Very pleased with how it went overall though!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Has anyone tried using a crawler transmitter so they can turn the 4ws on and off? 

There is a module called a Bastens Quadsteer that allows you to use either two channel or three to control 4ws, 2ws and Crab steer. Will also lock rear wheels in there last position, still allowing you to control the front. I have one for my Dynamog but just havent got round to soldering it up.

5 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

This is for yesterday but I took my Konghead out for it's first test drive.

It went along pretty nicely. Using a 3900kv on 2s for now. Tempted to go 4ws but I see people seem to get a lot of roll overs. Has anyone tried using a crawler transmitter so they can turn the 4ws on and off? 

It only has the friction dampers for now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch over to the wider arms from from the baja king/wild dagger/bf extreme etc so I might as well wait till I do that.

Very pleased with how it went overall though!

I use a switchable mix on my DX4S to turn 4WS on and off - works well, allowing 4WS for tight maneuvering and FWS for speedier driving.

I also found the wider-than-stock-but-not-as-wide-as-a-TL-01B arms from the WR-02CB to work well, giving a bit of extra stability without significantly altering the looks or placing a whole lot more stress on the arm mounts.

• Like 1

Dropped the Blitzer off for the courier to collect tomorrow.

Used baby wipes to clean up the batter Corolla body shell. 

• Like 1

Painted my Racing Sparrow, for the second time.  I grabbed what I thought was the right masking tape from the box, turns out I had the very low tackandover10yearsoldsodoesn'tworkanymore tape.  Tried rescuing it but that didn't work, so ended up repainting it.  Not a big drama, just a few days wasted that could've been spent on the rig.

Funny how over the last week I've stripped and rebuilt the Ae B6D and painted the boat twice, but I haven't found any time to reattach the servo saver on my sons TT02D.

• Like 1

Made the most of the last day of freedom today before the New Year onslaught takes over again by finally finishing the mask, spray, mask, spray, mask, spray part of the build. I've nothing against the Box Art of the Wild One, and do actually really like it, but having a few Black vehicles in the fleet already it was time for something a bit different. It's so nice to peel of the protective film and see if the effort was all worth it, even got a couple of stickers on too. Pretty happy so far :)

OThGRgVh.jpg

TmbFV2ih.jpg

• Like 20

Clement weather & daylight being scarce commodities plus a lack of any suitable area out of the elements meant I had to take my window of opportunity to prime a shell this morning & now I see why (my) filling & sanding need to be daylight activities. Plus I stupidly sprayed at close range after I’d finished, causing a run in the primer. It’s a learning curve!

49383904143_b22b813561_b.jpg

• Like 2

Ordered a torque tuned motor and  reinforced gear set for my future M05-RA build.

Going to stockpile parts until I have finished my trail rig build.

Not too far to go on the trail rig but I need a couple more parts for that before I can progress!

46 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Clement weather & daylight being scarce commodities plus a lack of any suitable area out of the elements meant I had to take my window of opportunity to prime a shell this morning & now I see why (my) filling & sanding need to be daylight activities. Plus I stupidly sprayed at close range after I’d finished, causing a run in the primer. It’s a learning curve!

You can always try applying a guide coat to make it easier to pick up on imperfections like this.

1:1 painters use this technique.

TamiyaBase has a guide on painting you might find helpful if you haven't seen it already.

• Thanks 1

So, *ten years ago* I won this little lot in an auction on eBay. 

I was trying to find who I got them from, but I could only find my history going back to 2018 for some reason, so if this little lot used to be yours then thank you! 

spacer.png

As you can see - the front suspension on the green car had collapsed. On closer inspection, the towers on the gearbox where the suspension attaches had split, and the front of the gearbox had bits missing where the lower arms attach. 

I managed to find some replacement A parts back in the day, but was missing the little plastic E part that makes up the lower wishbone. 

Anyway - I finally found one on eBay, and finally after ten years of sitting in a box the Avante is now back on all four wheels! 

spacer.png

Couple more bits to find... (as you can see from the first photo, I almost have enough bits to build another car) ...and it needs a proper clean up. This one is going to be a runner, and I think I have another body parts set kicking around somewhere. All the 17mm threaded rods were bent (I think this car has had a hard life!) so I've upgraded them to the titanium hop up options. 

If anyone has a spare BH3 (battery post) or a BD5 18mm Threaded Shaft from screw bag D I'd be happy to swap some other parts!

Thanks for reading!

5 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

You can always try applying a guide coat to make it easier to pick up on imperfections like this.

1:1 painters use this technique.

TamiyaBase has a guide on painting you might find helpful if you haven't seen it already.

Guide coat, yes that’s what I was doing ;)

• Haha 1

Continued the sticker marathon that is the CC02 G500!

Should look good when finished though. 

• Like 1

Monday I took the DT02 Kumamon buggy to the beach - it was good fun, but the smoke haze was horrendous, and we are hundreds of kms from the fires! Mornington beach is normally picturesque with blue skies and clear water, not at the moment.

(side note: an American told me the other day "may god keep you safe," and I thought "Mate, that's what we have the fireys for...")

398422890_2020-01-1310_51_09.jpg.d427bfd9a0cf90b14bcd40fd400adeb0.jpg

897927142_2020-01-1311_08_14.jpg.9de610811da988be4c860ae00f6678b3.jpg

2123539994_2020-01-1310_50_47.jpg.f72cec081dce1fa366cc18a4821d232c.jpg

1520010218_2020-01-1310_57_13.jpg.6c2f26c66f2dc119db3dfbf254310811.jpg

629730396_2020-01-1311_05_36.jpg.2b7cb5a1f8c498fbc512582dfe3c26e9.jpg

• Like 8

Got a start on my Subaru Brat. Plan is to paint the lexan body now for bashing and save the ABS body for a proper paint job once it warms up here. Need to decide on colors for both...

thumb_IMG-3394_1024.jpg

• Like 4

Working on back window armor for the Scav Brat

49387794587_6f1e9fa506_b.jpg

Rear window is just taped in atm so it looks crooked...lol

• Like 4

I've been putting this little Clod together from a spares and a roller I'd bought for the Ally bits it came with

Before is the red one

Screenshot_20200115-002214.png

IMG_20200114_235353.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

Monday I took the DT02 Kumamon buggy to the beach - it was good fun, but the smoke haze was horrendous, and we are hundreds of kms from the fires! Mornington beach is normally picturesque with blue skies and clear water, not at the moment.

(side note: an American told me the other day "may god keep you safe," and I thought "Mate, that's what we have the fireys for...")

i kinda know what you mean with the smoke as i see this come up alot on u-tube its a live feed from melbourne and you can clearly see how bad it is for you guys

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J@mes said:

Like the look of your Frankenclod @geniusanthony are the wheels 3D printed? 

the pink & blue work well, reminds me of the Bush Devil

Thanks. Wheels are not 3d printed, I will start a thread in the monster truck section though as I am curious for opinions.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

I've been putting this little Clod together from a spares

What is the use of that unusual tool? I don't think I've seen another like that one before.

hIlZnXk.jpg

I got a set of HSP dogbones for my Avante. At last I'll have the chance to make the car run! Excited :wub:

xUH0vvJ.jpg

03zdnSL.jpg

fg5sRQK.jpg

Once I'll get the chassis and electronics properly built I'll start working on the body of the Avante. thumb_up.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

What is the use of that unusual tool? I don't think I've seen another like that one before.

hIlZnXk.jpg

Nice zoom in! It was a spatula that died. I use it as a picklefork to pop rod ends from ball studs

• Like 1

Saw a vey cool RX on Instagram:

49391883867_86f1b115f9_b.jpg

More painting sanding filling (repeat x3) Find it an enjoyable process. Took the majority of a screw head off & glued it in place so the driver can be fitted & filled the hole on top.

49391187103_70a95ab234_b.jpg

Stripped another DT01(Mad Fighter) ready for a proper clean although it’s only got dust on it.

• Like 3