Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bought an unused and not completely finished Dirt Thrasher over the eBay classified web page. The Body and decals are still untouched.

• Like 2

Started fleshing out the windshield and realized that the styrene glue I'm using gets everywhere....lol the center portion will be for something so much to do :)

49392980017_e3c06700cd_b.jpg

• Like 2

finally looked at my vintage midnight pumpkin I bought a year ago. Replaced broken front shock, fitted body mount pegs, removed perished tires and replaced with brand new ones. Just needs a radio and should be a runner. Although, I've lost all my bearings, so am waiting on a new set to ball race the whole thing.

Also fixed my Chevy S-10 rear sway bar/dog bone. It keeps popping off and this dropping the dog bone. Fitted a bigger screw this time so it holds.

Tonight, hoping to fix servo saver on Overlander and check out electrics on vintage blackfoot, she stutters and farts and goes haywire. 

Home alone, in the sun shine, with some bourbon, working on me tamiya, a nice way to spend a friday evening.

• Like 3

started the day with sanding the filler on my fighter buggy RX body. Got it to a point where I can paint & it started raining, so that all went back in the box!

Played with the mini lunchbox and clod buster with the kids, David & Goliath!

then swapped the back springs on the mini lunchbox for the hop up stiff ones. 

To round up the day i put my mad fighter plastics through the dishwasher. I love a freshly dishwashered pile of RC :lol: 

Finally finished assembling the body of my Bruiser. Its taken me almost a year to get to this point.

The windows are a bit more tinted than I would have liked - cant really see the interior and driver that I spent ages painting. Oh well.

My favourite build so far - really enjoyed it. I had no idea whether the gearbox would work. During assembly at no point could i really get my head round how the selector would work but once the servos were installed and the setting blocks removed it actually worked!!! And changes gears without any hideous plastic crunching noises.

Resized_20200116_232906_8185.jpeg

• Like 13

Completed the build on the Subaru Brat. It's set up for the lexan body, which I'm going to paint now while I wait for warmer weather to do the ABS body. 

thumb_IMG-3476_1024.jpg

• Like 6

Another day at the beach for Kumamon, this time at Mt Martha South Beach. The sky wasn't the clear blue we expect in the middle of summer, but it was a heck of a lot nicer than Monday, with the strong onshore breeze clearing the smoke haze.

1698701902_dayatthebeach17-01-20202-14-13PM_13.jpg.62494b0d9b3dbad1af30682c5812fc95.jpg

244601820_dayatthebeach17-01-20202-13-10PM_10.jpg.09dbdc2846fbb6b0482b28d265e5273f.jpg

1010860211_dayatthebeach17-01-20201-40-55PM_55.jpg.191ae13893ed8153d2d1efd106df286c.jpg

530265508_dayatthebeach17-01-20202-18-15PM.15-1-1.jpg.0e6e94552379a69cdac0b52df68f8ed9.jpg

1441989140_dayatthebeach17-01-20202-17-01PM_01.jpg.715c997d6d8163dc6950d3d29146898b.jpg

• Like 9

not quite this today, but this week and not quite me, but a mate of mine. I had lots to do setting up and upgrading some of my machines, but wasn't getting the time. A mate of mine was out of work, so I paid him to get me sorted out. So he was able to get my milling machine setup, put a new base in my cnc machine and started doing the upgrades to my vac former I'd been planning for too long. I'll post some pics in my vac forming thread.

• Like 4

Painted interior for my scx10 and Neo Scorcher shell, was not really feeling covering half of the body in white decals so I painted it instead. PS-16 metallic looks fabulous!

11D0EBF8-9621-4C7F-B44F-45FD8ABCD64F.jpeg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Designed a carbon top deck for my TA06 and it fitted! 

20200117_181552

Might need a version 2 but i am happy. Also finished my TT02 Type S 

20200117_211753 20200117_182118

Nicely done! You have a CNC machine?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Nicely done! You have a CNC machine?

No, fibrelyte will make anything you like it you email them a dxf autocad 2d CAD file of the shape. Super easy and good value

• Like 2

Part way through the restoration of Optima Mid number 3. I think I have a problem. God knows what I'll do if they re-release them - (apart from buy one - that much is pretty obvious).

IMG_7767.thumb.jpeg.8e82a5f403b34d21f79c76afeec4dc9b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Having finished my Bruiser earlier in the week I decided it was time to have a tidy up (the square of carpet under the Bruiser box hasnt seen a hoover in about 10 months at least :ph34r: ) and one thing that shocked me was how much waste plastic there was. Im not one to wave my arms and nash my teeth at a David Attenborough tear jerker about some snow melting and you will have to prise beef out of my cold dead teeth....

But there were nearly 70 plastic bags in one kit. Plastic bags in bags in bags. Seems a bit of a waste and im having pangs of a strange feeling about putting it straight in to the bin (our local authority cant recycle polythene)

It would be better if the parts were in paper bags or a reusable storage component box. 

Resized_20200118_165212_820.jpeg

• Like 8

Swapped out the original chassis for the new hard one on the TT-02B. Really is noticeably stiffer with very little flex. Used the self tappers as they have far more purchase in the material except for the steering which I tapped and used machine screws. Very impressed for £7.50! Just need a dry day to run it now. 

• Like 1

Those of you who were concerned about my post-beach maintenance, I'll run you through what I've done. Please feel free to tell me what I did wrong.

1. Friday PM (after it had dried) I spent 10+ minutes with the air compressor getting in every nook and cranny I possibly could.
  2. Sunday AM I pulled out the 8 wheel bearings and cleaned them (they already looked absolutely fine) with WD40, then gave them a soak through with sewing machine oil, let them sit for 1-2 hours.
  3. Sunday PM I pulled apart the transmission, made sure everything was perfect, re-assembled then re-inserted bearings and put car back together.

Still totally worth it, and my proper beach tires should be getting here this week (shame I'm back at work tomorrow).

• Like 4

Yesterday and today, my local club re-ran the 2019 1/8 state titles which were cancelled back in sept due to rain, pretty happy with my result

49407816767_d87e78575b_k.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

⁷Had an early morning race around our frosty garden track with the boy.

Bit of a clean up required, oh and a new front gearbox for the Egress....

Sorry for crappy image, had to resize on my phone and the output isn't pretty!

20200119_110914.thumb.jpg.455ec5a267c0ef0687ba780b9094da22.jpg

• Like 7

Just ordered an Amarok Custom lift from RCMart. Something about them that I just love and Generally dont like lifted trucks!! Also took Wild One, Madbull and Herbie out for a blastup and down the street and verges. All three have either sport tuned or torque tuned motors which makes for fun. Was trying to run down all my batteries as I've got out of sync with whats charged and what wasnt. I think I have one thats dying. Maybe my oportunity to try a Lipo if it does. Will be starting a TT02-S build shortly with a 10.5T brushless and 5.5DFR so it might work out wellB)

• Like 3

After missing out on Hicaps several times now (thanks RCMart), I'm glad I didn't jump this last time they came out. I got a good deal on these nifty Associated shocks (along with the rest of the RC10T4 they came off of, whose trans now resides in my Monster Racer). I rebuilt them and they came out pretty nice. No more boring black plastic CVAs on my Top Force.

49410247603_480f34af1a.jpg20200119_154239 by Scott Weiland, on Flickr

• Like 5