Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My esc somehow blew up / emitted smoke so while I’m waiting for a new one I can’t race so I’ve taken front and rear apart and am changing settings to a different setup (this is a team associated b6.1) . Use d my hudy setup station to set the front camber. Can’t use it for toe as this is a touring car set and off-road cars are wider so it needs a different component.

0BD99152-DA2D-43E4-9C6E-8737EAF0354C.jpeg

33F0643B-B123-4EEC-B901-B095B5463A94.jpeg

• Like 2

Ok so I have put a self imposed ban on eBay, specifically Tamiya searching. 

I end up buying models I have no hope of ever getting round to doing anything useful with and then I have the time loss of selling them on, instead of spending that time doing something useful with a model I already have. 

It’s gonna be tough, tantrums, tears...but it has to be done 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

Ok so I have put a self imposed ban on eBay, specifically Tamiya searching. 

I end up buying models I have no hope of ever getting round to doing anything useful with and then I have the time loss of selling them on, instead of spending that time doing something useful with a model I already have. 

It’s gonna be tough, tantrums, tears...but it has to be done 😂

I give it a week.... :P

• Haha 7

spacer.png

I printed and installed my falcon front arms. Tweaked the tolerances a bit and it's a pretty spot on fit! 

• Like 9

Stripped and cleaned the (working bits of) Heavy Dump Truck, beach runner that it is. Fresh grease to the clean gearbox, somehow some sand had got in, mmm crunchy. Rebuilt the shocks - love these CC01 dampers, hot glued the lights in place that kept falling out, tidied up the wiring & electrics generally. 

49416424471_a4f82b048c_b.jpg

doing this refreshed my memory of what hop ups are on it & could be useful for a G6-01 build. There’s a 20T steel pinion on its way as the alu ones worn out & binned.

• Like 2

Sold my Sand Scorcher today. It's all boxed up and ready to ship out tomorrow. Worst part is that I can't spend the money on RC stuff :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Started my CR-01 Build....man Bag A has a lot in it :blink:

I think its going smooth but I guess I'll find pout once its done and something doesn't work :D

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, KalEl63 said:

I think its going smooth but I guess I'll find pout once its done and something doesn't work :D

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

That looks like fun! I’ll have to dig out my Rock Socker to build this summer...

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 9:21 PM, CoolHands said:

My esc somehow blew up / emitted smoke so while I’m waiting for a new one I can’t race so I’ve taken front and rear apart and am changing settings to a different setup (this is a team associated b6.1) . Use d my hudy setup station to set the front camber. Can’t use it for toe as this is a touring car set and off-road cars are wider so it needs a different component.

Where do you race?

2 hours ago, KalEl63 said:

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

I’m digging the black theme on this chassis, top job mate

• Like 3

I finished installing the electronics in my TRX4 Sport kit build.  This was the most enjoyable kit to assemble.  Fit and finish is outstanding, instruction book is done equally well.  So many nice little touches Traxxas does for it's assembly kits, like having loctite pre-applied to the applicable screws for instance.  That's a nice touch.  The links being pre-assembled was nice as well. 

49419025247_1151a2eb3d_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49418337238_426f49a21a_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49419025277_028bdae632_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 6

I’ve finished assembling my ta01 after a complete strip down and clean. I have two problems one I have no grease and two I’ve lost a step screw 😪

8C6D3D23-2CFD-4EA4-89DB-07352BEB696C.jpeg

• Like 4

Ordered a new shell and sticker set for my re-re hotshot. Going to see what it looks like in Avante metallic blue :)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Butler said:

Where do you race?

Dms in Aldenham school indoor carpet most Wednesdays and about 1 a month Saturday series

(This is not me):

2 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Took my TRX-4 out for it's maiden voyage.  I love this truck!  It's a blast to drive and super fun to build!

49420850343_2c02189075_b.jpg

Looks great!  I've been thinking about getting one of these.  It's a bit of a step up in price compared to Tamiya but it's so tempting.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Ordered a new shell and sticker set for my re-re hotshot. Going to see what it looks like in Avante metallic blue :)

I think @Saito2 has a Hot Shot in Metallic Blue? Looks fantastic with the white wheels 👍🏻. Wouldn’t mind one in blue myself 😀

Cut the grass as we have at last had some rain, nice to have a bit of greenery again after looking at a dust bowl out the back for what seems like an eternity. 

Got the electrics in the Wild One at took it for a test run around the garden, (hence why the grass was really cut in the first place 😉) And it runs very nicely 👍🏻

B6E69E7F-65DA-414F-8648-B867DA19B3E3.md.

I then had a LiPo that needed reducing back down to Storage charge so the Blackfoot came out for a spin In the sunshine before the Mozzies come out to say “Hello”.  

3FBEF424-E1E9-490A-8CA9-837EA64C8D96.md.

The Diff is still going strong in this one. 

F9AC05E9-DE6B-499E-B2F1-2F309D152C58.md.

It may be a Tamiya influence but I seem to have developed a taste for Japanese beer as well 🍺   Nice drop of stuff.

5DE77632-F594-48E5-A163-51615B6F05A1.md.

• Like 12

I needed a couple of pinions and a servo horn.

So I ordered them plus a tx / rx / servo combo, another servo, a scale winch rope, a pair of rally block tyres and two pairs of dampers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Cut the grass as we have at last had some rain, nice to have a bit of greenery again after looking at a dust bowl out the back for what seems like an eternity. 

Got the electrics in the Wild One at took it for a test run around the garden, (hence why the grass was really cut in the first place 😉) And it runs very nicely 👍🏻

B6E69E7F-65DA-414F-8648-B867DA19B3E3.md.

I then had a LiPo that needed reducing back down to Storage charge so the Blackfoot came out for a spin In the sunshine before the Mozzies come out to say “Hello”.  

3FBEF424-E1E9-490A-8CA9-837EA64C8D96.md.

The Diff is still going strong in this one. 

F9AC05E9-DE6B-499E-B2F1-2F309D152C58.md.

It may be a Tamiya influence but I seem to have developed a taste for Japanese beer as well 🍺   Nice drop of stuff.

5DE77632-F594-48E5-A163-51615B6F05A1.md.

Quality Tamiya phots and a that’s a great beer as well.

A preferred choice at one of our local pubs 👌

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Quality Tamiya phots and a that’s a great beer as well.

A preferred choice at one of our local pubs 👌

I only discovered Asahi recently at a licensed Burger Joint of all places. The black label is even nicer, but a bit early in the afternoon for that! 
  Sapporo is also very nice 👍🏻 

• Like 2

got the control panel sorted on the vac former, all switches are working. Although the solenoid valve to the pump is a little restrictive, so a better one is on order. Also managed to get a digital read of the z-axis on the mill installed and the lathe re-assembled.

Vac-Former-Ver-3-27.jpg

• Like 3