Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Blista said:

Looks great!  I've been thinking about getting one of these.  It's a bit of a step up in price compared to Tamiya but it's so tempting.

Thanks! The Sport kit is only 40 dollars more than a CC-02 kit, but you get decent tires right out of the box, full bearings, metal links, portal axles, metal gears, and aluminum shock bodies.  I think you fully get your moneys worth with this kit. 

• Like 3

Have you got any build pictures? Did it come with motor etc or did you provide? Love the colour.

tryed the 1/14 trucks on the stands i had delivered last week  and tbh they are great  i plan on getting a bruiser stand made from the same seller plus he is selling other stuff i am interested in.

IMG_20200115_133121.jpg

IMG_20200115_133801.jpg

IMG_20200115_134207.jpg

• Like 4

I have run my converted cc-01 for the first time on the beach.

I converted my cc-01 from a crawler trail car in to a more speed off road basher, I took out the 1740kv crawler motor and esc, put in a 3800kv hobbywing motor and  esc, I on lock the rear diff and put in a tamiya metal motor mount with a 20 tooth pinion and used 18mm wheel wideners to give it more track wide to make it more stable.

I had a blast with the car, I had build the car for trail running 9 months ago but I run it only one time, and it was collecting dust and I had all the parts laying around to convert it , I think I am not a  trail/ crawler  guy , so now its suit me more as a basher car.

IMG_20200122_134621.jpg

• Like 8

DT01 Mad Fighter assembly today, the gearbox is simple but elegant in transparent plastic.

49426171551_0f068d0044_b.jpg

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Thats cracking!! Is that standard or a hop up part?

I don’t know, wondered the same thing myself. Need to do some research. I bought it new built.

Edit: the catalogue shots of this on Tamiyabase show the clear parts so I assume they were standard. I’ve seen later examples without them though. 

10 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

The Sport kit is only 40 dollars more than a CC-02 kit

Now that's tempting.  

The kit version is different from RTR version, isn't it?  No shifting gears, and locking diffs on the fly or something?  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Now that's tempting.  

The kit version is different from RTR version, isn't it?  No shifting gears, and locking diffs on the fly or something?  

Yes, the kit version is the basic one.  I have both versions, they're both fun in their own way.

• Thanks 1

It’s coming together, msc fitted, gotta get a couple of servos hooked up & it’ll be a runner.

49426198503_11b90f01ac_b.jpg

• Like 8

I won an auction with a cheeky bid I made at the weekend for a TT02 bundle, looking to collect it on Saturday. 

RTR with some kit by the look of it.

• Like 4

On 1/20/2020 at 7:46 AM, Grumpy pants said:

Ok so I have put a self imposed ban on eBay, specifically Tamiya searching. 

I end up buying models I have no hope of ever getting round to doing anything useful with and then I have the time loss of selling them on, instead of spending that time doing something useful with a model I already have. 

It’s gonna be tough, tantrums, tears...but it has to be done 😂

Er, which came first? The bid or the self-imposed ban!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/22/2020 at 11:32 AM, yogi-bear said:

got the control panel sorted on the vac former, all switches are working. Although the solenoid valve to the pump is a little restrictive, so a better one is on order. Also managed to get a digital read of the z-axis on the mill installed and the lathe re-assembled.

Vac-Former-Ver-3-27.jpg

Ah its a pitty that Brisbane is not around my corner. I would need someone supporting me with a vac-forminator :wub:

On 1/22/2020 at 11:04 AM, 78Triumph said:

Thanks! The Sport kit is only 40 dollars more than a CC-02 kit, but you get decent tires right out of the box, full bearings, metal links, portal axles, metal gears, and aluminum shock bodies.  I think you fully get your moneys worth with this kit. 

Looks totally sweet! Do you happen to know if you can upgrade to the two speed and lockable diffs on the sport kit?

48 minutes ago, Collin said:

Ah its a pitty that Brisbane is not around my corner. I would need someone supporting me with a vac-forminator :wub:

happy to give advice, have you started building it yet?

No, not at all. I dont think I will build one because I simply need it for one project. And because of the space. Also I know there is one at the university I studied. Maybe I knock the doors and ask If they let me do one or two pieces...

But thanks a lot for your help mate!

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

The bid was 1st, then the ban and then the win 💥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

The bid was 1st, then the ban and then the win 💥

3 hours ago, Barnoid said:

Looks totally sweet! Do you happen to know if you can upgrade to the two speed and lockable diffs on the sport kit?

I believe you can.  There are plugs on the axle housings where the linkage would attach. 

On 1/21/2020 at 12:41 PM, MadInventor said:

Ordered a new shell and sticker set for my re-re hotshot. Going to see what it looks like in Avante metallic blue :)

On 1/21/2020 at 10:10 PM, Re-Bugged said:

I think @Saito2 has a Hot Shot in Metallic Blue? Looks fantastic with the white wheels 👍🏻. Wouldn’t mind one in blue myself 😀

48851526933_1bb20f92d4.jpg20191005_133413_006 by Scott Weiland, on Flickr

48851910711_a956bae73e.jpg20191005_134009_012 by Scott Weiland, on Flickr

Right you are @Re-Bugged;). I love me some Tamiya PS16.

• Like 8

Though it's too cold to paint right now, I've been trimming shells and deciding on color schemes for them lately.  Soon I'll have a BMW 2002 turbo, Chevy C10, Calsonic GTR, MAN TGS, and Heavy Dump Truck fully trimmed, sanded, and waiting for a warmer day (all old projects I want to complete).

• Like 2

Finally got around to ordering 50529 for my Top Force to get higher gearing, and a bunch of pinions.  I procrastinated for so long (nothing to do with my wife being off work and seeing the deliveries, honest) and it is now out of stock at RCMart, where I get the pinions.  So 2 orders today, I really hate paying that extra $7 shipping!

The worst part is they will probably sit in the packets and never get used as the current gearing seems ok, I'm just paranoid I'll be cooking motors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1