Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In a mad rush of design work I have managed to get my new parts printed and fitted in my Stadium Blitzer. I still need to pick up a battery pack and wheels & tires. The electrics are fairly set I think. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, moffman said:

the blitzer beetle

Are those sand rover wheels and tyres or Arqoshot?

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Are those sand rover wheels and tyres or Arqoshot?

It's actually a metallic special blitzer beetle but I think the same tyres & wheels are on the street rover but chrome effect on the street rover!

20191109_195055.jpg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, moffman said:

Nice! I've always thought the cr01 chassis was a good looking one but one of the most frustrating chassis to build I kept on having to take it apart because previous steps I built wrong!

IMG_20160330_081135.jpg

IMG_20160320_151650.jpg

Nice colour that’s one of my favorite colours but mine will most likely be silver as that’s my favorite colour

I’ve only had to pull apart a few things so I’ve really enjoyed building it

the most messing around I’ve had to do is the rear end since I’ve shorten it

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 9:59 PM, TurnipJF said:

Finished off my TT-02 Type S Mercedes Benz AMG GT3 with the addition of some yellow alloy wheel nuts, then took some photos of it alongside its older TT-01 SLS GT3 stablemate.

2020-01-24_11-37-25

12 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I am very pleased with how they came out - so pleased in fact that I'd like to continue the AMG trend and find an old TA-02 chassis to restore, so that I can recreate one of these:

model_58145_01.jpg

12 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

ALternatively, I'd like to find an old TA-01 to restore and recreate one of these:

model_58108_01.jpg

(Although I would probably for the Diebels Alt livery as I already have a set of gold wheels.)

I haven't built a 1/14 Truck yet but in my head a consideration was an AMG themed Merc Actros, I think I might leave it up to you now ;)

• Like 1

Cleaned up my Kyosho Lazer to sell, a guy is picking it up on Friday. Commented to my wife that I got excited about having money coming for it so i could buy a new charger then realising I spent it on the replacement HB nack in June. She said "don't buy more RC stuff, it soundee like you were asking for permission". Busted, I was totally asking for permission 

Also got all the offroad racers ready for a practice day tomorrow. Public holiday, what better way to spend it than at the track.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Took the Blitzer, Asterion and Dynamog for shake down runs. The new Quadsteer on the Dynamog worked really well. Great to be able to switch modes at the flick of 3rd channel switch. Interesting to see the different turning circles in each mode. The blitzer with the GoolRC 4300 kv is fun, cant see the rear tyres lasting much more than 3/4 packs, the Asterion with the 13,5T is just pure magic. It handles like a real car. Powered understeer slides are awesome. All this on MinH's, lord only knows what they would be like wit 2/3S lipos. Maybe one day I'll  find out:ph34r:

• Like 3

Start to change my konghead from a crawler truck in to a basher truck, today I changed some of the  gears for square high speed gears, I use them in my wt-01  for 2 years now.

I am going to put in a castle 1410 3800 kv sct motor that I have in a box here with a 25 tooth pinion to give it some speed.

IMG_20200126_145058.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannymulder said:

Start to change my konghead from a crawler truck in to a basher truck, today I changed some of the  gears for square high speed gears, I use them in my wt-01  for 2 years now.

I am going to put in a castle 1410 3800 kv sct motor that I have in a box here with a 25 tooth pinion to give it some speed.

IMG_20200126_145058.jpg

I have the same square gears waiting for my konghead build. Do they make a noticeable difference in your experience @dannymulder

no today, but yesterday, we moved house. That was painful! 18 yrs of accumulated stuff from a family of 4. And in 10 months we get to move back to where we came from, albeit into a new house. Our old house was pretty tiny for 4 people, so even this rental we are in will be better set up so I'll have an area where I can make/do RC building and not have to worry so much about having to tidy it up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, J@mes said:

I have the same square gears waiting for my konghead build. Do they make a noticeable difference in your experience @dannymulder

yes they do, I have them in a wt -01 truck for more then 2 years, and with the 25 tooth pinion you get noticeable more top speed.  the stock fdr with the 20 tooth pinion = 16:5, with the 25 tooth pinion and high speed gear about 10.5 fdr.

The gears are good quality, I bashed  the car hard for 2 years with a hobbywing 3800kv brushless motor and the gears are still fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

yes they do, I have them in a wt -01 truck for more then 2 years, and with the 25 tooth pinion you get noticeable more top speed.  the stock fdr with the 20 tooth pinion = 16:5, with the 25 tooth pinion and high speed gear about 10.5 fdr.

The gears are good quality, I bashed  the car hard for 2 years with a hobbywing 3800kv brushless motor and the gears are still fine.

Where did you get them from? Searching for wt01 or g601 square gears doesn't get me anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Where did you get them from? Searching for wt01 or g601 square gears doesn't get me anywhere. 

search for square high speed gear swr 30 tamiya wr-02, I bought them from banzai hobby last month but the are out of stock now, and you can buy them from integy but hey have no stock also until april.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

If your willing to pay a bit more you can get them on amazon. I got mine from an importer in Germany 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

search for square high speed gear swr 30 tamiya wr-02, I bought them from banzai hobby last month but the are out of stock now, and you can buy them from integy but hey have no stock also until april.

7 minutes ago, J@mes said:

If your willing to pay a bit more you can get them on amazon. I got mine from an importer in Germany 

Thanks fellas. There's a place on amazon doing them for £20 which seems posdibly a bit steep? Banzai have them on for 12 bucks plus shipping. Think i will sign up to hear when they have them back in, unless you know that shipping will be expensive? I have never used them before. Just fancy giving my Comical Hornet a bit more pep. 

10 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Thanks fellas. There's a place on amazon doing them for £20 which seems posdibly a bit steep? Banzai have them on for 12 bucks plus shipping. Think i will sign up to hear when they have them back in, unless you know that shipping will be expensive? I have never used them before. Just fancy giving my Comical Hornet a bit more pep. 

mine got shipped for 1.70 euro so shipping was cheap.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dannymulder said:

IMG_20200126_145058.jpg

Sounds like fun👍🏻, keep an eye on the middle & back tyres when they balloon I’ve heard in some cases with these at fast speeds they can rub together 😉

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

square racing Japanese website = lots of cool stuff! :) https://www.rc-square.com/eng

• Thanks 1

Went to a practice day at the offroad club. The new Ae RC10B6D was brilliant, so much easier to drive than the Kyosho Ultima RB6.6 it replaced. The HB D418 was flawless. I was testing a new motor/esc combo and it was fast and I reckon i can go up a pinion given the temps. That car is always good though, fast and easy to drive. Was faster than some of the nitro guys, and was sort of staying with some of the faster nitro guys. They would pull away then crash. My son broke his ESC though, well, he didn't do anything to it, but it won't switch on anymore. The car took a big hit from a nitro buggy when on its roof at the end of the straight. That broke the steering bridge and may have given the ESC a jolt too. Anyway, a SkyRC TS50 is a pretty cheap replacement, should do the job.

The nitro buggy went well as it always does, should be good next week at the 1st 8th meet of the year 

• Like 1

I had a good RC day today, finishing off several little tasks that I have been putting aside as each was too small to warrant getting the worktable set up for on its own.

First order of business was to install the Yeah Racing threaded alloy shocks and the last few carbon reinforced upgrades to my FF-03, which like my TB-03 appears pretty much stock, but is now thoroughly carbonated:

2020-01-27_03-50-30

I then went on to change the gearing on my TT-01E back-up back-up touring car to give a FDR of 6.03, matching that of my TB-03 primary and TT-02 Type S back-up TCs. No photo here - not much point as it looks identical to how it used to now that the gear cover is back on. 

Next task was to replace a cracked and hastily re-glued shock tower on my TT-01 rally car with a fresh one. Again no photo - everyone has seen a TT-01 shock tower by now I'm sure.

My primary race F103 then received a new pair of Ennetti rear tyres:

2020-01-27_04-33-12

Final task was to fit a proper black can Sport Tuned to my F103 15th Anniversary Edition, replacing the equally authentic but less interesting 540J silver can that it had previously:

2020-01-27_03-51-33

I figured that since my 40th Anniversary Edition Tyrrell has one fitted, my other Anniversary Edition F1 also deserved one.

• Like 2

Did some more work to my konghead put in the motor today, put on yeah racing shock towers that i had left over from my gf-01 and put on the stock spring and the bumpers al I have to do is glue the tires to the wheels and install the esc and receiver.

49451321957_ed0c925afa_c.jpg

49451080176_2a95fbc473_c.jpg

• Like 3