Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've had to rework the body and wing of my Dirt Thrasher as it seems that the previous owner not used the suitable tools. 

Added the roll cage, windscreen and lights to the sand rover I painted at the weekend.

They feel a little flimsy - the windscreen in particular. Cant see them lasting a roll over.

Still yet to decide whether im going to fit that weird bear thing in the driver seat.

Resized_20200127_222930_2849.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Still yet to decide whether im going to fit that weird bear thing in the driver seat.

I've PM'd you - I'd love to buy the "weird bear thing," as I collect Kumamon related merchandise.

Sir Tony of Tamiya Parts has Top Force bodies in stock. He has one less now. I need to get a B6D body painted so will get both done in my race colours. It means my Top Force won't look like all the others at the track, I'm pretty sure there will be loads of Top Forces there so i want one that isn't green like all the others.

• Like 3

Got that JIS Screwdriver and new screws so i  could finaly finish my Red Top-Force, so proud of it i had to post some pictures here in General chat :).

No i will sit and wach my for for the rest of the evning ...

• Like 2

I finally got a CLOD BUSTER! I have wanted one ever since I first flicked through a Tamiya catalogue back in the early 90's.

Bittersweet though - I got it for an absolute steal because my favourite local hobby store is closing up in a couple of weeks :unsure: 

SUPER CLOD BUSTER

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I think ive fallen in love with a yellow 6 wheel drive vehicle:wub: and its not a bus:D

• Like 2

49461379346_c5d2b8fcf1.jpg20200129_155158(0) by Scott Weiland, on Flickr

Despite temperatures in the high 30's, I gave into my 7 yr old daughter begging me to take her to a nearby ball field to take "her" Hornet for a spin. The picture isn't that dynamic but she crashed into far less immovable objects this go around. With a 55T crawler motor in it, the Hornet is now slower than a Grasshopper. 

• Like 7

Couple day ago was swearing ‘cause I pulled a bullet connector off a motor wire trying to undo it. So today I soldered some 3.5mm banana plugs to the TBLM & TBLE in my Lunch Box. Reused the supplied clear cover which does the job nicely. Course I had to test drive it, 10.5T is crazy in a LB & the ESC was HOT! 

49461227048_28ef390de6_b.jpg

At last got round to soldering a XT60 connector to some plugs to charge the mini lipo for my mini lunchbox. After a balance charge got to drive the thing on full charge for the 1st time, forgot it’s insane back flips in reverse etc.! Then I cut out, sanded & washed a Lanfreeder body for a Bush Devil. 

49461230853_42b3cf607d_b.jpg

A good day for RC here.

• Like 6

Painted the FJ40 today along with mounting the HB Sedona tyres which are awesome looking

I was going to paint it silver but my wife changed my mind and went with a champagne colour which I am very happy with 

also happy with the wheelbase mod also now just waiting for a few more things to finish it off along with doing the decals

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

where are your Action Figures?

My daughters barbies are too big and her LOL doll too small 😂

• Haha 1

Power rangers about 5 1/2"- 6" racing helmets included:lol: there in my GULF and Iron Panther builds, even wrestlers were too big, great for crawlers though.

by the way what are LOL dolls? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

Be glad you don’t know. You can’t unsee what has been shown...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KalEl63 said:

Painted the FJ40 today along with mounting the HB Sedona tyres which are awesome looking

I was going to paint it silver but my wife changed my mind and went with a champagne colour which I am very happy with 

also happy with the wheelbase mod also now just waiting for a few more things to finish it off along with doing the decals

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Looks awesome 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ACCEL said:

Power rangers about 5 1/2"- 6" racing helmets included:lol: there in my GULF and Iron Panther builds, even wrestlers were too big, great for crawlers though.

Yeah right I haven't really thought of putting anything in it

just google LOL Dolls a new fad thing :lol:

38 minutes ago, novicelad said:

Looks awesome 

I agree.  

I Just weighed the shell I cut out out yesterday at 99 grams no rollbar etc and unpainted, then weighed a blackfoot hard body at 383 grams 

Started to build my brushless Blitzer Beetle. Just need to get longer motor-esc leads

2851E18F-9264-45EC-BF0A-5A7494DC39A9.jpeg

• Like 2