Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, J@mes said:

I agree.  

I Just weighed the shell I cut out out yesterday at 99 grams no rollbar etc and unpainted, then weighed a blackfoot hard body at 383 grams 

I have a body now for my CR-01 will post up pics later 

4 hours ago, novicelad said:

Looks awesome 

I agree! That shell is growing on me.

Was trying some options with the Blazing Star chassis to see if I could re-use the drivetrain for a different car, when I realized the bottom screws of the front gearbox to chassis mounting points were missing. Must have come out when I last drove it, which means stripped plastics. :o

So put in a order for TonysTamiyaparts, so I can fix it next time... Big plans and waaaay to little time for the cars these days.

6 hours ago, ACCEL said:

by the way what are LOL dolls? 

6 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Be glad you don’t know. You can’t unsee what has been shown...

5 hours ago, KalEl63 said:

just google LOL Dolls a new fad thing :lol:

I was going to ask but glad I didn't.

If I don't have to know - I don't want to know! :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Got the Pargu rims bolted up and polished on the WO. :)

D2A9ACD2-1D1E-42BB-BEA9-285DAC30F3E3.md.

94BA27BD-B50D-4B53-B732-264A5347655F.md.

Cool looking wheels and tyres combo. How does it work? Are these one piece rims or wheel covers? 

• Thanks 1

1992 Ranger brochure photo:

49464737327_0bc4b59250_b.jpg

Painted the Ranger body today. Black all over, nice and easy. Used the overspray film as mask for flat clear to the bed & bumpers. Pleased with the outcome :D

49464454381_a297ea9348_b.jpg

49464677732_ec3351c6b6_b.jpg

49463961948_6ccdd5b7fc_b.jpg

I’ve got a Landfreeder sticker sheet & there’s a lot of trim to cut out. :rolleyes:

weighed it again at 100g painted, 1g Increase, film might’ve weight a gram I suppose. Getting a bit obsessed with weighing this for no particular reason.

• Like 8

So I crammed all the electronics to the tub and despite my terrible soldering skills I somehow managed to solder all the wires with just a minor casualty in the form of sligtly melted battery connector. Then I found out that motor leads should go through hole in the shock stand so decision was made to cut it from the bottom to get that **** leads through the hole

889F3940-92E6-46C3-B196-A83A3A85564E.jpeg

• Like 3

Quoted from Target "L.O.L. Surprise! O.M.G."

is there any end to the toy industry?  I want one.......................................................Just kidding:lol:

• Haha 1

What did i do today see the above post

Googled Dolls :unsure:

oh, i'm going back to work on Ella😵

• Haha 1

spacer.png

Tweaked and printed my Stadium Blitzer parts. In a rather fetching green as I'm now out of my cheap pink filament. By morning I shall hopefully have some new parts to clean up and fit. 

• Like 6

Did some shopping, buying a couple of ESCs for myself, as well as an ESC, receiver and servo for my mate.

My purchases were a 1060 to go in my CC-01 to replace the TEU-101BK that I want to use in a vintage project, and a 10BL60 to go in my TT-02 Type S as I believe it deserves something more than the TBLE-02 that I built it with. The TBLE-02 with its TFU-01 will go in my DT-02 which is overdue a brushless upgrade.

The gear I bought for my mate consists of a 10BL120, Carson RX and Alturn metal geared servo to go in a 2nd hand FTX Vantage that he bought for a song and is thinking of taking racing. He has a 8.5t motor to go in it, which should be within the scope of the 10BL120.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Cool looking wheels and tyres combo. How does it work? Are these one piece rims or wheel covers? 

Thanks!

They are Alloy rim covers mounted on Sand Scorcher/Grass Hopper wheels that I bought from here :-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/tamiya-sand-scorcher-grasshopper-frog-hornet-super-champ-alloy-wheel-cover-B/332904061615?epid=1478359266&hash=item4d82a0daaf:g:z78AAMXQVERS1A89

haven't used then out on a proper run yet, I'm mainly using these for display, but A quick run around the garden with my runner SS wheels were fine.

There are a few similar set ups on YouTube such as skottoman's brilliant Fav/Scorcher where you can see them in action. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug5EnQSDanE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Turning my attention back to the MB, bit of wet & dry prep, mainly to get rid of the mould lines across the top of the wheel arches. 

9F8B6074-5203-43E5-A375-ED3CB0EF4DAA.md.

• Like 7

Sold my Kyosho Lazer ZX6 and the spare Savox 1256TG that I picked up to get the 1258TG that I actually wanted. First time selling a toy car in about 25 years, its weird.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hobgoblin said:

spacer.png

Tweaked and printed my Stadium Blitzer parts. In a rather fetching green as I'm now out of my cheap pink filament. By morning I shall hopefully have some new parts to clean up and fit. 

would have done any chassis braces/strentheners for it like what shapeways does

Painted and decaled my Hyundai i20 WRC body. Just waiting on the wheels curing in the oven from a fresh coat of Ford Meteor Grey. 

IMG-20200131-1621443.jpg

IMG-20200131-1620540.jpg

James.

• Like 6

......... And the paint has dried 😁👍 . Just waiting on the new Tamiya tyres to arrive so I can add the Michelin coloured logos. 

IMG-20200131-1649155.jpg

Thanks, James.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Packed and sent off the WRC Corolla to its new owner.

Tested a spare motor and it works.

Checked out last weeks TT02 purchase and it’s very nice.

Realised I have 3 new spare chargers and 4 new spare NiMH batteries sitting in my wardrobe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Realised I have 3 new spare chargers and 4 new spare NiMH batteries sitting in my wardrobe.

No clothes then ;)

• Haha 1

spacer.png

Oh, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green!?

spacer.png

And it all fits! pretty happy so far!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

spacer.png

Oh, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green!?

spacer.png

And it all fits! pretty happy so far!

A cunning plan that worked!!! 

• Haha 1

Having spent an amount of money equivilant to the GDP of an average African republic on different axles, uprights and c hubs to try and fit a set of sand scorcher wheels onto a DT02 Sand Rover I have given up. It was finally after about my tenth order from Tony this last two weeks that I searched and found an old post here that said it wasnt possible. Hooray!

Instead I had some spare wheels from my Kyosho Turbo Scorpion left over (ive got Pargu alloys on that) - so with some shims and 850 bearings from RC bearings its got its boots on finally. And I actually think it looks quite good.

This whole exercise was driven by my irrational hatred of those star dish wheels which to me dont suit the kit at all. I got paid today and should have a Top Force arriving next week. As that has the same wheels Im gonig to go through this again.

Resized_20200131_224817_7913.jpeg

Resized_20200131_224911_7345.jpeg

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Turning my attention back to the MB, bit of wet & dry prep, mainly to get rid of the mould lines across the top of the wheel arches. 

9F8B6074-5203-43E5-A375-ED3CB0EF4DAA.md.

We must see the finished beetle! 

20190901_125542.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Having spent an amount of money equivilant to the GDP of an average African republic on different axles, uprights and c hubs to try and fit a set of sand scorcher wheels onto a DT02 Sand Rover I have given up. It was finally after about my tenth order from Tony this last two weeks that I searched and found an old post here that said it wasnt possible. Hooray!

Instead I had some spare wheels from my Kyosho Turbo Scorpion left over (ive got Pargu alloys on that) - so with some shims and 850 bearings from RC bearings its got its boots on finally. And I actually think it looks quite good.

This whole exercise was driven by my irrational hatred of those star dish wheels which to me dont suit the kit at all. I got paid today and should have a Top Force arriving next week. As that has the same wheels Im gonig to go through this again.

Resized_20200131_224817_7913.jpeg

Resized_20200131_224911_7345.jpeg

looks great!

• Thanks 1