Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I took my Thundershot out for a test run for the first time in 28 years.  Grazed the base of the kids slide in the back yard and broke the famously weak A5 part.

I got about 10 minutes in before it broke but it was great to see it running again after so many years in storage. Already ordered a new A5 part before taking it out thinking the original one would break pretty quickly.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, berman said:

Peaches?! What sorta Kiwi reaches past the staple diet of baked beans to the back of the pantry for PEACHES... 🤪 Truck looks good though mate 😎

I think that's the best version of the landfroddo body I have seen! 🤩

Yesterday, went to a 1:1 truck show ...to play with toy trucks, beep beep! 😄

Cjdv2lm.jpg

Was that the one in Pukekohe, or maybe Bombay? 

1 hour ago, berman said:

Peaches?! What sorta Kiwi reaches past the staple diet of baked beans to the back of the pantry for PEACHES... 🤪 Truck looks good though mate 😎

Baked beans are for winter axle flexing.  :lol:

Dung beetle to Rhino beetle, glued a piece of sprue in the redundant hole in the bonnet. 

E7738ACD-047E-445C-B90A-25237D9A9595.md.

• Like 5

Played a little swapsies, looks like these two can swap at will to mix things up when I feel like it.

The rears are a straight swap, all that's needed is the appropriate bearings for the front wheels, 6x11mm to fit Lunchbox wheels to the Nikko Scorpion and 5x10mm to fit the Scorpion wheels to the Lunchbox (and if you want to upgrade the Nikko to bearings with the stock wheels it's 6x10mm)

6ONev1e.jpg
1pVi4bR.jpg
5e3B3tM.jpg

• Like 2

Bought an A4 sheet of foam from hobby craft and made a dust cover for my DT02 (after seeing the pics of the one that had been run on the beach and the chassis was full to the top with sand) its cut to shape and held on with velcro.

I also have a SuperStock BZ foam cover fitted to the end of the GT Tuned motor to keep the crud out of that.

The only thing I concerned about is whether it will overheat - its a TBLE02S esc, tamiya GT Tuned motor and 17t pinion.

Does the esc and motor in a DT02 get particularly hot? Ive not run it yet.

Resized_20200202_120819_3960.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, H22A4 said:

I took my Thundershot out for a test run for the first time in 28 years.  Grazed the base of the kids slide in the back yard and broke the famously weak A5 part.

I got about 10 minutes in before it broke but it was great to see it running again after so many years in storage. Already ordered a new A5 part before taking it out thinking the original one would break pretty quickly.

Hope you ordered a steel brace too? Otherwise the replacement isn't likely to last long either...

15 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Aye, it is a genuine tattoo, courtesy of Lientie, a talented artist who works out of the Iron and Pin studio in Lincoln (https://www.ironandpin.co.uk/).

Manga is one of her specialities, so Rabbi-kun posed no difficulties.  

Well credit to him! Its simple but very well effective👍I don't take well to red Ink (strangely) and I've always wondered if you could pull off the tamiya stars black & white?

Started to build my DN 01 Zahhak.

Really enjoying this, night & day the quality compared to the TT 02B & DT 02 I've built recently (I can't remember what my old TA 02 & TA03f were like!).

spacer.png

• Like 10

Got some more done on my Schumacher Mi1v2 race car.

Good quality kit, but lacks something compared to a Tamiya build. Impressive, but not nearly as much fun.

Hopefully it will deliver a much better drive than my current TT02 stock tourer.

Going into the Modified class with a 3500kv combo. It's gonna shift.😁

• Like 1

No RC meddling this weekend but we have been sorting out the storage in our lounge.

This has meant nearly two full days of assembling flat pack.

Somehow, Mrs BC was able to look through some old photos and found what must be my earliest encounter with RC...

EF1FA492-94D5-4594-A5D2-E4049B625C94.jpg

F4F14A38-6892-46A7-8FE3-6F9840E72860.jpg

I’ll have to try and find out where this was...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

No RC meddling this weekend but we have been sorting out the storage in our lounge.

This has meant nearly two full days of assembling flat pack.

Somehow, Mrs BC was able to look through some old photos and found what must be my earliest encounter with RC...

EF1FA492-94D5-4594-A5D2-E4049B625C94.jpg

F4F14A38-6892-46A7-8FE3-6F9840E72860.jpg

I’ll have to try and find out where this was...

I wonder what that car is / was . Great to look at old pics like this

• Like 1

Found an old photo (actually a few photos) when I was looking for a cable for my dash camera I found the old digital camera I use to use before my phone! 

img37842_19072014125841_2.jpg

img37842_21042012204216_1.jpg

img37842_10082014110540_5.jpg

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Superluminal said:

The only thing I concerned about is whether it will overheat - its a TBLE02S esc, tamiya GT Tuned motor and 17t pinion.

Does the esc and motor in a DT02 get particularly hot? Ive not run it yet.

Resized_20200202_120819_3960.jpeg

When my Stadium Blitzer was on TBLE02 & Sport Tuned , it never thermal’d the motor would get a bit warm but the ESC was fine. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Was that the one in Pukekohe, or maybe Bombay? 

Yeah Bombay Truck Show, nearly 300 high quality trucks, bands, licensed bar till 1am, and only a good coin donation. Can't wait for the next one! 😍

22 hours ago, Blista said:

Baked beans are for winter axle flexing.  :lol:

😄 C'mon mate, you know it's baked beans B/L/Dinner all year round here! Unless you're a student then it's 2 minute noodles 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 4:59 PM, InsaneJim69 said:

......... And the paint has dried 😁👍 . Just waiting on the new Tamiya tyres to arrive so I can add the Michelin coloured logos. 

IMG-20200131-1649155.jpg

Thanks, James.

You seem to make a habit of finishing my abandoned projects. You've made a cracking job of that Jim.

IMG_20191219_203413.jpg

• Like 3

Finished my Blitzer Beetle. Have to say I enjoyed the build very much, partly because I opted for non OEM esc+motor combo and went brushless and partly because I just love hard bodies and all the painting and detailing involved

3058FBD4-5778-44FE-86C5-4FAB23E9AB93.jpeg

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

You seem to make a habit of finishing my abandoned projects. You've made a cracking job of that Jim.

IMG_20191219_203413.jpg

I actually have 3 of these. Lol. 1 for the shelf and 1 to run(your one). The 3rd I am going to paint in plain white like the test car 👍

James.

Finished my tt01 

IMG_20200203_212143.jpgany idea what the two holes are for on the carbon Upper deck? 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

That is super nice! 

Thanks

I find it very satisfying to hop up😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Is that real carpet?

It's adhesive backed felt.  It's really nice stuff to work with, as it sticks really well and conforms to shapes nicely as well.

• Like 5