Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, novicelad said:

Its cool I like the style, I am rubbish at cutting bodies though. See the Jagged edge :( hoping I can smooth it out 

Have you ever tried the score a snap method?

score along the lines with a fresh shape hobby knife blade and the snap it. Good lexan curved scissors  are a must

1 hour ago, Bwaaatch said:

You keep looking for excuses to post pics of your Dragon. It’s as transparent as lexan.

But I waned you to know that I never get tired of seeing it, so do keep it up! Such a cool riff on the look of the original.

brrrrrrmmmmm!

Busted! But thanks for the kind words. Actually feel like i have been neglecting it for my onroad cars for a few months, but a quick blast brings it all back. 

1 hour ago, KalEl63 said:

Have you ever tried the score a snap method?

score along the lines with a fresh shape hobby knife blade and the snap it. Good lexan curved scissors  are a must

I did that with the rest of the body, gonna dremell the rubbish bits off 

Not Tamiya or even RC but this piece of flat pack has been taking up my time, taking me away from my trail truck

3A4022A9-46FC-43F6-8028-B8467AFE5502.jpg

Tea cake included in the shot for scale. Don’t look too closely, it has been constructed to a deadline and is NOT very neat.

• Like 4

Took advantage of the fact that it's half way decent today, grabbed my 3s and technigold powered Manta Ray and headed out to a big patch of reasonably short grass for a wee rip. 

It was going great until suddenly there was a massive cloud of something at the front end of the car, probably just a clump of dirt I think to myself and bring the car over just to make sure only to find that I'd managed to hit a pile of poo that judging by how much was coating the ENTIRE car must have been dropped by something the size of a woolly mammoth. 

Seriously how difficult is it for some people to pick up after their dog? Especially when there's a poo bin literally 10 steps away from where I hit the pile. 

Guess I've now got a "lovely" evening ahead of me stripping and cleaning the car and all because some lazy sod couldn't be bothered to pick up after their pet. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Not Tamiya or even RC but this piece of flat pack has been taking up my time, taking me away from my trail truck

Tea cake included in the shot for scale. Don’t look too closely, it has been constructed to a deadline and is NOT very neat.

Billy?

7 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Billy?

Meant to be Kallax but the shelf spacing went a bit off and the superglue set before I had realised.

It was a good learning exercise, I would do it again and take a LOT more time and care.

• Like 1

Built up my newly arrived Kyosho Ultima SC gear diff, all I need to do now is modify the Zahhak gearbox with a dremel and my Kyomiya Ultihak will be complete!

14 minutes ago, nellyle said:

Built up my newly arrived Kyosho Ultima SC gear diff, all I need to do now is modify the Zahhak gearbox with a dremel and my Kyomiya Ultihak will be complete!

good decision, I have a kyosho diff in mine to I am running it for years now with brushless power and its still fine.

If you really want to make the gearbox bombproof,  I use a steel idle gear from a serpent spider srx2  in there  the size is the same as the tamiya, and I am using a 32P team associated spur gear In mine it  fits without doing mods but  I have a slipper clutch in the gearbox, I stripped the tamiya spur gear twice and idle gear.

• Like 1

Thanks. 

I'll probably run it as is for now, I already have the TRF slipper fitted. Good to know other gear options though!

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Meant to be Kallax

Good skills @Badcrumble My Tamiya collection lives on a 5x5 Kallax :D (Built stuff that is)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nellyle said:

Thanks. 

I'll probably run it as is for now, I already have the TRF slipper fitted. Good to know other gear options though!

You would have to be running seriously big power to need that setup @dannymulder! I replaced the idler with the black one from the reinforced gearset (you get a ball diff gear too which you won't need) and stuck with 48dp gears but using Associated spur gears. They are tougher and rounder than Tamiya ones, with more size options. For instance, i used a 72t spur with 28t pinion to get good gearing for a 13.5 motor. See how you go. 

Yesterday and today I listed 25 slot cars and related items on eBay, only keeping my NIB cars

19 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Oh tunnock's tea cakes! Why did you have to use one of those for scale.......now I'm gonna have to go and get a box of them!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, moffman said:

Oh tunnock's tea cakes! Why did you have to use one of those for scale.......now I'm gonna have to go and get a box of them!

This could Snowball....

• Haha 1

Every now and then I like to share with the community what my cars are looking like now. Not the best times for them due to lack of time.

but hey, who doesnt need reasons to replace a overused body or part :D

the M03RA has a status on its own, with the Mini Cooper shell it is supposed to be a “rally give it to the kids car”, meanwhile with some DIY upgrades, the rear sway bar was taken of an old LRP S10, holes were drilled into the M05 ver2 arms in order to make it work.

ZVXySCJ.jpg

They do what they should, next then I had those parts the xray t4 uses on its drive shaft, a little modification of the M03 drive cups and you could fit those oranges into the cups 

spacer.png

That hase reduced the play of drive shafts at max. They are already CVA’s so when jumping or turning it would rattle like the gearbox would fail.

love the height the car has.

ncoBnic.jpg

Then next the T1FK05 has recieved the heat sink of my F103. Amazed how good it fits.

agurOJP.jpg
the F103 that was completly rebuilded has lost its gyro in order to keep it track ready, and a different helmet, this one belongs from a F104ver2 kit. Good replacement helmet for the TRG one that was previously there, also the driver is mounted this time to the chassis not to the body itself. A few small shiny blings were added on also.

UwoMLq4.jpg

Nf75KBZ.jpg

next the FF03 has gotten LRPs S10 big bore oil shocks instead of the Plastic oil filled tamiya ones. The body will be replaced with a Toyota Yaris WRC body, until then the exhaust looks great.

RiwcbzO.jpg
roJqUXS.jpg

my Speed Run missle according to the brushless speed web calculator is supposed to reach a 190km/h. So it deserves the LSD 2.0 Gyro. Havent got to trying it yet. Also some vents were made to reduce the downforce brake on the rear spoiler but with additional vent tunneling it should have more downforce in the middle

dHDLfDI.jpg

TV9ryKT.jpg

RLbFkHy.jpg

db5TQty.jpg
6efhNvi.jpg

5eRCsOn.jpg

• Like 6

Swapped the Axial pinion for an RW Racing version on my trail truck.  The large Axial pinion necessitated spacers between the motor and the motor mount so that the pinion could clear the spur properly.

This meant that motor wires had been pushed up against the steering servo.

The slightly shorter pinion meant I no longer needed spacers and removing them stopped the pressure on the steering servo.

And I didn't need to buy a soldering iron so that I could re-route the motor wires.

Still waiting on a new servo horn to resolve the other clearance issues.

Wanted a RWD M chassis but a cheap used M04 or M06 were hard to find. 

So found a cheap used M03, managed to intercept the package and get it past the wife into the Ray-cave unseen. :ph34r:

Now fiddling with it to convert it to RWD. Found a nice guide on this side so using that for inspiration. Nice little project. ^_^

• Like 2

Tinkered with some magnetic mounts for 2 different TT02 chassis. First one is the S. This will be a Nascar truck and a 69 Camaro. Will probably have to have seoarate front mounts for the Camaro as the truck ones are way to high. The rears may be too low but I have a plan that involves OD 7mm brass tube/ ID6mm so slides over original posts;)

IMG_1758.JPG.cbf7d0d8ad04428ab0e19b1995d00fd2.JPG

The second is a T with a Kamtec Bowler Wildcat body. Stock TT02 rear mounts just the right length but may need a bit of bracing to reduce body wobble and the fronts have been cut down. May need to go down one more hole. I'll see what it looks like when the wheel arches are cut. Once again both sets sit on bulges and bumps. May have to build up the body with spare lexan and Shoegoo.

IMG_1759.JPG.9a406d2a49ddf4f9f5ea4f2d821b81c4.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Matt_G40 said:

Finally got some wheels for my Mansell inspired BTCC Mondeo; red number 5 :p

Mondeo.thumb.jpg.e486151a663ab94b3ab27a4415bdfea2.jpg

Our 'Nige' was quite good in a TVR Tuscan too at Donnington Park. 

Fancy one of them? 😉

Those wheels really suit the Mondeo 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

This could Snowball....

Oh I think the teacake just beats the snowball:rolleyes: it's the little bits of coconut that I just can't handle! I've just thought how about a tunnock's caramel wafer:wub:

• Haha 1

Successfully converted my Zahhak (it's much nearer to a 201 now) to a gear diff set up! First try out tomorrow. 

Also, finished swapping my Egress to gear diffs too.......you can probably tell I don't like ball diffs......

• Like 2