Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

talking of Zahhaks I just got an email from Fusion saying mines due soon :D

• Like 3

Cut and sprayed the Bowler body. Fixed the magnetig mounts and did some stickers. Needs some more so Ive ordered some black Wildcat heads to go on the sides, roof and bonnet. See what it looks like with them. Still need to paint the spoiler, probably in black. Body is slightly lopsided at the back but can probably fix with a washer or two.. Pictures are not good but you get the idea.

IMG_1770.JPG.2ad2e3fa27819195768a8cc115ee163c.JPGIMG_1771.JPG.6eaf205ca20c6b3263410296ef39684d.JPGIMG_1772.JPG.01175ab0cf22d1fafd1eb4c5ccc142a9.JPGIMG_1766.JPG.15ab86c9b115effe83aac46aecd57291.JPG

• Like 4

Thought I would grab my old HPI Rs4 3 out of the loft today after putting it up there some 15 years ago. Time for a strip down clean and rebuild.

B292FF36-50C0-4C22-946E-1EFA6F20718D.jpeg

8085380A-5EB3-4F42-B321-22C27D02E732.jpeg

• Like 5

Very frustrating evening racing. Broke the c hub on my TA06 in practice. Luckily had my TT02 as i had wanted to run it out of curiousity. It got raced! Was ok but oversteery in race one, made some changes and ended up out of races two and three with broken steering arms, via very hard to drive handling and super jumpy on the throttle. No idea what is going on. Gave up and came home early. Quite close to packing it in. All i want is a tidy handling setup that i can drive around. Not looking for wins, but every time out it seems i am back to square one. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Very frustrating evening racing. Broke the c hub on my TA06 in practice. Luckily had my TT02 as i had wanted to run it out of curiousity. It got raced! Was ok but oversteery in race one, made some changes and ended up out of races two and three with broken steering arms, via very hard to drive handling and super jumpy on the throttle. No idea what is going on. Gave up and came home early. Quite close to packing it in. All i want is a tidy handling setup that i can drive around. Not looking for wins, but every time out it seems i am back to square one. 

Thats rough, those days are hard to take, especially when it takes a lot of effort to get to the track. My TA07 was similar, took a lot of meetings to get it to handle ok.

Is it worth buying a new chassis that is the same as what everyone else runs? Then you have setup advice and spares...

20 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Thats rough, those days are hard to take, especially when it takes a lot of effort to get to the track. My TA07 was similar, took a lot of meetings to get it to handle ok.

Is it worth buying a new chassis that is the same as what everyone else runs? Then you have setup advice and spares...

I don't think that's it. Everyone runs different stuff, and just last night one of guys was chatting to me about the TT02 and how much he enjoyed racing his. In fact, he commented on the carbon deck because he said he had his setup with those and the hard tub and found it really edgy, and went back to the regular tub without carbon bits because it was easier to drive on our low-medium grip tracks. He is one of the club trustees so i have no reason to doubt his experience! Also means that my slightly twisty TA06 is unlikely to be a barrier to lap times, especially as with a shorty battery is regulation weight and my laptimes are regularly smashed by M chassis and Tamiya Iconic TT01E!

The issue is setup (of car and radio) and practice, or lack thereof. There is nowhere i can go to just drive laps and improve the car with a similar surface. It's not super high grip, but driving my cars in the street just gives a completely different setup. They only race evenings with about 5 mins practice before racing at a temporary track so i can't even get someone to drive my car and tell me what's wrong. I really need some advice and a lot of practice/setup time on a representative surface, but neither of which are forthcoming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I don't think that's it. Everyone runs different stuff, and just last night one of guys was chatting to me about the TT02 and how much he enjoyed racing his. In fact, he commented on the carbon deck because he said he had his setup with those and the hard tub and found it really edgy, and went back to the regular tub without carbon bits because it was easier to drive on our low-medium grip tracks. He is one of the club trustees so i have no reason to doubt his experience! Also means that my slightly twisty TA06 is unlikely to be a barrier to lap times, especially as with a shorty battery is regulation weight and my laptimes are regularly smashed by M chassis and Tamiya Iconic TT01E!

The issue is setup (of car and radio) and practice, or lack thereof. There is nowhere i can go to just drive laps and improve the car with a similar surface. It's not super high grip, but driving my cars in the street just gives a completely different setup. They only race evenings with about 5 mins practice before racing at a temporary track so i can't even get someone to drive my car and tell me what's wrong. I really need some advice and a lot of practice/setup time on a representative surface, but neither of which are forthcoming. 

You might need to tune your car on the fly.

Not ideal, but make one change every qually, and see how you go.

Radio settings should be pretty straightforward, that you can do in the street. Suspension and steering geometry, pistons, oil weight, spring rate, sway bars, diffs, gearing, tyres etc will have to be done at the track.

The key is one change at a time. See how that affects the handling and lap times and keep progressing from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How similar is the Force Raceway surface to that which you normally race on? I am thinking of heading up there with my race cars for one of their tune and test afternoons. Such an outing might help you too perhaps?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

How similar is the Force Raceway surface to that which you normally race on? I am thinking of heading up there with my race cars for one of their tune and test afternoons. Such an outing might help you too perhaps?

I have been for such an afternoon, and maybe i should go back just to get some stick time, but it's super high grip EOS carpet so it's nothing like what i usually race on. It destroyed a set of tyres in 3 hours. 

• Like 1

Took the Manta Raynout for a run, built some bumps and ramps

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

(..this landed smoothly)

I ordered a T3-01, just couldn’t resist the offer of £64.95 delivered. Jadlam skimming more of my ‘disposable’ again :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Was in Bunnings (hardware store for those who are suffering through winter right now) today getting some stuff for the house and saw magnets. And that solved the last problem for my Racing Sparrow - how to hold the hatches on. They hatches are almost ready for painting now too, so it may even be finished this weekend. 

• Like 1

Well yesterday, got my body finished for the Tamiya CR-01, its OK made some mistakes but it will do for now! 

t5U5oLrl.jpg

EFqJc2Ml.jpg

VyD8BtYl.jpg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, J@mes said:

I ordered a T3-01, just couldn’t resist the offer of £64.95 delivered. Jadlam skimming more of my ‘disposable’ again :rolleyes:

I  have been looking at it to on tamico, but I told myself to buy no more rc cars, mmm it is not a car:D

Not convinced yet, I am afraid that it is going to be something that I do not like or run and then sell it.

44 minutes ago, novicelad said:

t5U5oLrl.jpg

That is making my CR-01 itch require scratching

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

That is making my CR-01 itch require scratching

Go for it, I cant wait to get using mine 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannymulder said:

I bin looking at it to on tamico, but I told myself to buy no more rc cars, mmm it is not a car:D

Not convinced yet, I am afraid that it is going to be something that I do not like or run and then sell it.

As soon as I saw it I put £150 worth of hop ups in my basket... but managed to walk away, just!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J@mes said:

As soon as I saw it I put £150 worth of hop ups in my basket... but managed to walk away, just!

that  is the biggest thing, the trike it self Is cheap, but then I want to go brushless so need esc and motor, need lipo's that fit, and then hopups for the drivetrain and some other hopups.

So then it is not so cheap anymore, instead of 77 euro it becomes more then 200 euro, and then I am still not convinced that  I like it, so I let this one go.

I had to many of this impulsive buys, that I sold later, and I want the new terra scorcher.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, novicelad said:

Well yesterday, got my body finished for the Tamiya CR-01, its OK made some mistakes but it will do for now! 

t5U5oLrl.jpg

EFqJc2Ml.jpg

VyD8BtYl.jpg

I always have been thinking what rc offroader should I buy...

now I know it should be the CR01.

I knew I couldnt talk myself into a Traxxas, just not a fan of it. 

edit: is the rock socker different to this, seems lower on tamico de

2 hours ago, novicelad said:

Go for it, I cant wait to get using mine 

It is in the queue, so far I have primed the beadlock rings for the Rock Socker and ordered the CR-01 hop-up dampers.

I have my GCM JK Jeep to finish and an M05-RA to build first...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

edit: is the rock socker different to this, seems lower on tamico de

It doesn't have ball bearings and the bodyshell is much more basic than the others - but that's it I think

• Like 1