Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Put together some piggyback shocks 😀

F7D1FE5B-F9F7-4714-9D29-A446578D8221.jpeg

• Like 1

Put a Sky Toro TS50 and one of those cheap blue brushless 13.5t motors into the CAT XLS. Really impressed with both, especially the ESC. Means I can take the CAT'S old HW 1060 and pop it into the M-06 for Lipo compatability. 

• Like 2

Wrapped the Dirt Thrasher bodyshell with masking tape. The protective film was already removed by the previous owner.

IMG_20200212_214032_compress33.thumb.jpg.f6b44b4e393e53a5bb2f03a906eb11dd.jpg

Edited by Aerobert
Compressed picture
  • Like 4

....ordered some M3x8 screws as I discovered last night that the Tamiya CR-01 spring holders are M2.5 screws and the Integy spring holders aren't. :angry:

also broke my duck on ebay - obs ;) 

• Like 1

I received an Willy yesterday, an original one.

I've been giving said Willy a close inspection. Taking parts off, making plans for how I'm going to run it.
It's quite unlike any other Tamiya I have.

• Like 3

On 7 February 2020 at 6:17 PM, mtbkym01 said:

Yesterday and today I listed 25 slot cars and related items on eBay, only keeping my NIB cars

Oh , what did i miss ? .. 

Finally got round to putting the stickers on the lunchbox shell i repainted a couple of years ago a few missing of the sheet so need to get them

IMG_20200213_152312.jpg

• Like 9

Mrs j@mes: where’s the cat?

me: dunno, wait what’s that...

49531901841_9fa911477c_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Today at work I polished the chassis we are using for the TT-02 charity build, then this evening I replaced the rear wheels, tyres and chassis top deck on my mate's VRX Spirit a.k.a. FTX Vantage.

2020-02-13_11-33-37

I was amazed at how flexible the chassis was without the top deck fitted. I am used to top decks being optional extras to enhance stiffness, but on this chassis it is a structural necessity. 

• Like 1

I went and collected the latest lot of kits from the collector who is thinning down his collection. 

They are all nib, with the exception of the two William's FW14 kits, the chassis in these have been assembled, but the bodies are unstarted.

The truck is a complete outfit with trailor, mfu and motorized leg kit. This is the first release from 2001.

J

20200213_202249.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, junkmunki said:

I went and collected the latest lot of kits from the collector who is thinning down his collection. 

They are all nib, with the exception of the two William's FW14 kits, the chassis in these have been assembled, but the bodies are unstarted.

The truck is a complete outfit with trailor, mfu and motorized leg kit. This is the first release from 2001.

J

20200213_202249.jpg

Very nice!

The FW14 and T93 Lola are 2 that I would love to have on a shelf.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, matman said:

Oh , what did i miss ? .. 

Not much, my local track is gone so sold my runners and bits and pieces. Did alright out of them too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Very nice!

The FW14 and T93 Lola are 2 that I would love to have on a shelf.

I already have a nib Lola T93, and the box on this one is not perfect, so I will build this one.

J

5 hours ago, junkmunki said:

J

20200213_202249.jpg

man you are  lucky to come upon these timeless beauts.

i would love to get my hands on one of them mansell beauts 

15 hours ago, J@mes said:

Mrs j@mes: where’s the cat?

me: dunno, wait what’s that...

49531901841_9fa911477c_b.jpg

i have a daft cat that loves to sleep in places like that 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, junkmunki said:

J

20200213_202249.jpg

This is just amazing, I consider myself a F103 enthusiast, but hey... who is not.:lol:

• Like 1

I put 3racing ultra high viscosity diff oil into my DT-02 Holiday Buggy. I don't know why they call it oil, it should be called glue! This stuff is more sticky than Shoe-Goo! Get some disposable rubber gloves if you are going to use it.

Now I need to take it out for a run to see what it's like.

• Like 1