Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, novicelad said:

You can have it 4WS or just 2ws but for 4ws you need two servos

Have you seen this?ย 

https://ebay.to/3bDpHAj

It is the same offer as on Tamico, I am gonna leave it for a while as I have different priorities at the moment. But its deff on the 2020 list.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

It is the same offer as on Tamico, I am gonna leave it for a while as I have different priorities at the moment. But its deff on the 2020 list.

Dam life getting in the way of RC cars it's not fair ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜…

• Haha 2

I got my Willy going. My it certainly is a handful.

I've popped an esc and 2.4ghz receiver into it. The original msc is safely put aside for now.
It wheelies with the merest effort and doesn't like corners at all.

Can the WW2 body be used on these? It's going to need a running body as the one it has is too nice/valuable/difficult to replace if I stuff it up.

Willy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

Yes dimensions are identical, even the hole for switch is there. Just drill 3 holes for mounting posts.

Thanks a heap for that.

Been looking into doing a DF-01 Shogun. :ph34r: As I Iove to have drivable Marui's, but replica lookalikes that have spares available is a better option. ^_^

Took the Blazing star DF-01 chassis (which already has all the necessary upgrades like bearings, metal motor mount and steering rack, etc...) and 3D printed a temporary front upper suspension arms mount to test if the chassis can be adapted to look more like a Marui Shogun. It looks promising, but it is fiddly. Goal is to sit the front suspension shocks much lower/horizontal (like an Avante) compared to the near vertical of the DF-01.

The Tamiya CVA shocks will not fit, so ordered a set of shorter front and rear shocks, and a temporary tire/wheel combo.

So to be continued when these parts arrive and I can finish the front tower, and the rear will get a custom tower/body mount too. :lol:

ย 

ย 

I disassemble my old lathe to move out. Taking as much off it as I can to make it easier to move solo. My knees and back ache something rotten now, I'm 23 is this what I have to look forward to every day in time?ย :D

spacer.png

I printed some more parts for my Stadium blitzer after a week of extrusion issues and filament woes. The esc and rx mounts are done in black and now click into the frame almost perfectly. I can upend the car and shake it and they stay in. They will get screws however.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really love this car. Tony's Tamiya parts will be letting me know when bodyshells are back in stock and I shall be jumping on one then. I have money kept aside specifically for this (for once) which is why I am still lacking batteries and wire.ย 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

I disassemble my old lathe to move out. Taking as much off it as I can to make it easier to move solo. My knees and back ache something rotten now, I'm 23 is this what I have to look forward to every day in time?ย :D

spacer.png

I printed some more parts for my Stadium blitzer after a week of extrusion issues and filament woes. The esc and rx mounts are done in black and now click into the frame almost perfectly. I can upend the car and shake it and they stay in. They will get screws however.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really love this car. Tony's Tamiya parts will be letting me know when bodyshells are back in stock and I shall be jumping on one then. I have money kept aside specifically for this (for once) which is why I am still lacking batteries and wire.ย 

I do love that shade of green.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Twingo Lord said:

Whereโ€™d you get those?

Fleabay, Gmade. An Xmas gift from the Mrs that I have only just got round to making.

More the week really,

Tidied up my Tamiya stash.

Sold some batteries and posted them out to a TC member.

Checked out my recent TT02 purchase.

Started to gather up my LB and spares, to be posted out to a TC member at the end of the month to complete for me.

Packed some spares to be posted out for the Charity build.

Oh and bought a Konghead today ๐Ÿ’ฅ

I was going to blame a couple of TCย members for this purchase, ย but that would have been unfair!ย 

ย 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hobgoblin said:

Tony's Tamiya parts will be letting me know when bodyshells are back in stock

Which bodyshell are you going to use?

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Painted some plaid

ย 

Resized_20200215_180758_1680.jpeg

Awesome!!!

ย 

• Like 2

Thanksย :wub:ย im waiting for the head to dry and then hes finished.ย 

I used this as guide so cant take any real credit. I was originally going to go down the horror show route of double-denim but plucked up the courage to try somethibg different.

https://tamiyabase.com/articles/54-painting/119-part-6-painting-driver-figures-plaid-shirts-a-jeans

What surprised me is you dont have to be particularly neat with the lines for it to still be very effective.

10 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Which bodyshell are you going to use?

Stadium blitzer/Rock Socker. Non box art :)

19 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

Stadium blitzer/Rock Socker. Non box art

I'm still running yours in RedBull liveryIMG_1701.JPG.fbdc1b0e9f6de4bb3fb3a58b5b6cb604.JPG

• Like 4

I was a lazy pile today, but managed to put 3racing diff oil in my Grasshopper. I still need to get to my FAV, Midnight Pumpkin, and Konghead. I'm not looking forward to tearing apart the Konghead just to get to the diffs.

When it comes to TT01s/TT02s, it seems like I always have half a car's worth of parts lying around.ย  I blame @ACCEL for sending me his leftover TT01 parts this week; it kicked off a day of obsession counting out parts and screws, and ordering a few items to fill in the gaps so I have some complete chassis kits to build, both a TT01 and a TT02.ย  :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I had a weekend of repairing and painting windows, but 1:1, and on a house. I figure that I'm going to use the @Juggularย argument of effectively earning money which I can then spend on RC cars. Like a Super Astute. Must've saved at least 3 Super Astutes of tradie time this weekend.ย  We are trying to get the house ready for sale asap so we can buy a place out of the city on 1.5hectares. Yep, will have a decent offroad track.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Iโ€™ve just sanded down 6 dog bones ready for a repaint. With this storm in the uk and the rain looks like I might have to spray them in the loft.

Ordered another Skyrc TS50 and 13.5t brushless motor off fleabay. Really impressed with the ones I got recently and only ยฃ48 all in. Will be put in my TT-02b to replace a HW1060 and 19t double and allow me to go up a couple of teeth on the pinion.ย 

• Like 4