Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Raced. Car was great, i didn't suck, didn't come last. Result! 

Was this the one that the last time you raced it was misbehaving (and sounded like you were ready to throw it in the bin and then set fire to the bin)

What did you need to change?

• Like 1

Spent most of the day masking & spraying the MB shell. In a lightbulb moment I swapped the Automotive paint nozzle with a Tamiya rattle can one. That made a dramatic difference as the paint wasn’t spraying as heavily as it did before 👍🏻

998F5C0F-2D87-499D-8B5D-40A87A2890A4.md.

D07733BD-4512-472D-B0FE-07141409CE06.md.

Just need some clear top coat now.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Spent most of the day masking & spraying the MB shell. In a lightbulb moment I swapped the Automotive paint nozzle with a Tamiya rattle can one. That made a dramatic difference as the paint wasn’t spraying as heavily as it did before 👍🏻

998F5C0F-2D87-499D-8B5D-40A87A2890A4.md.

D07733BD-4512-472D-B0FE-07141409CE06.md.

Just need some clear top coat now.

This is a great idea, will keep that in the memory bank. Just hope the memory bank works 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Was this the one that the last time you raced it was misbehaving (and sounded like you were ready to throw it in the bin and then set fire to the bin)

What did you need to change?

No, this is my TA06, my main racecar. I broke a c hub in practice last week and didn't have spares so raced my untested TT02 Type S which was a proper handful, and kept popping steering arms off. I broke c hubs this week too, but had spares, and it didn't cause any retirements. I have some advice on the 02 and changed setup, and will try it when i get a chance. 

• Like 1

Ruined the paint job on my Dirt Thrasher with too old smoke grey colour spray. And now I will try to fix it somehow. :angry:

IMG_20200216_140941_compress71.thumb.jpg.e9acb5ce33d03885cd6bfaaab67b63e3.jpg

Edited by Aerobert
Compressed picture
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7

Did some more building on my rock rey kit, made some nice progress, the only thing left to do is build the  shocks and paint the body and install the servo and do some little things.

But for now I have to wait for my alloy servo horn to arrive, then I can complete it.

49542875696_e456d357aa_c.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Ruined the paint job on my Dirt Thrasher with too old smoke grey colour spray. And now I will try to fix it somehow. :angry:

IMG_20200216_140941.jpg

I feel your pain, this happened to me recently with an old can of smoke. I manged to clean it off with nail polish remover, it left a few areas cloudy but worked ok, there is some graffiti remover people have had good results with. Good luck!

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aerobert said:

IMG_20200216_140941.jpg

If you are in the uk go to hobby craft and get some Revell paint remover. It works brilliantly on tamiya ps paints. I had similar situation to yours except id accisently used gun metal on the windows rather than smoke.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

If you are in the uk go to hobby craft and get some Revell paint remover. It works brilliantly on tamiya ps paints. I had similar situation to yours except id accisently used gun metal on the windows rather than smoke.

Fixed it, at least for the windows. I'm not on the UK but I've used Revell Paint Remover and it worked well. Unfortunately you can see the dark spots through the white colour. But this is not a big problem as the shell was not so good from the beginning. I will post a little built thread when everything is finished.

• Like 1

I finally made up my mind today. I bought a beautiful Tundra High Lift.

And while I wait, I'll see if I can finish assembling my 2005 top force.spacer.png

• Like 8

Sorry for image quality!

This morning, me and my 5 year old defied the tail end of storm Dennis!

screw storm dennis.jpg

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I had a weekend of repairing and painting windows, but 1:1, and on a house. I figure that I'm going to use the @Juggular argument of effectively earning money which I can then spend on RC cars. Like a Super Astute. Must've saved at least 3 Super Astutes of tradie time this weekend.  We are trying to get the house ready for sale asap so we can buy a place out of the city on 1.5hectares. Yep, will have a decent offroad track.

Maybe you should buy Super Astutes first.  When you move, you'll find that there are so many things that need fixing (rather, what your Mrs wants done differently, even though 1960's pink bathroom functions just fine), it will always take more money than one thinks.  She-who-holds-the-bank-account will give you a stinky eye when you mention RC cars then. 

Unless, of course, you fix the new place yourself.  But get your price first.  I replaced old 2-prong wall sockets to 3-pronged ones before my wife took estimates from professionals. I asked for $$ after, she said "too late."  (It's only 110v here in US. You'd think "I shut off the power to the entire house." No. Even with a voltage detector, I got zapped. I could have killed myself four times over if it were 220v.  No RC car is worth life...though some members may disagree)  

By the way, am I the only one who wants a drone shot of the 1.5 hectare place?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Juggular said:

Maybe you should buy Super Astutes first.  When you move, you'll find that there are so many things that needs fixing (rather, what your Mrs wants done differently, even though 1960's pink bathroom functions just fine), it will always take more money than one thinks.  She-who-holds-the-bank-account will give you a stinky eye when you mention RC cars then. 

Unless, of course, you fix the new place yourself.  But get your price first.  I replaced old 2-prong wall sockets to 3-pronged ones before my wife took estimates from professionals. I asked for $$ after, she said "too late."  (It's only 110v here in US. You'd think "I shut off the power to the entire house." No. Even with a voltage detector, I got zapped. I could have killed myself four times over if it were 220v.  No RC car is worth life...though some members may disagree)  

By the way, am I the only one who wants a drone shot of the 1.5 hectare place?  

Oh, I already started before mentioning the price, needed to ask the expert before I started.

No drone shots sorry, we have to finish our house and then buy the new one so its a long shot. 

Oh wait, the ad...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/property/residential/sale/northland/whangarei/waipu/listing/2511301324

The sad thing is this is the best we've seen and is affordable but the timing is so tight we'll probably miss it. But our house will look better

• Like 2

@Jonathon Gillham, that place looks like it could become a RC theme park. Just from the first pic I could picture myself having a indoor TC carpet track. A outoodr TC track a 1/8buggy dirt track... a few atvs to get around and of course did somebody mentiond drons? FPV track would be a must have. A part from Japan, I love New Zealand :D

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The sad thing is this is the best we've seen and is affordable but the timing is so tight we'll probably miss it. But our house will look better

My wife must have looked through 1,500 listings.  She'd pick out 10 places to see every weekend for 2 summers.  Most realtors won't like that. But we got lucky with the realtor. She seemed to enjoy spending weekends with us as if it were a picnic.  We missed one house we both liked.  But in 2 weeks, we found this place that is better in every sense, at lower price.  So, I hope you get that place.  Sometimes things work out just the way you want it.  There is a beach!  3-4 lots for racetracks, and a workshop!  You can build a control tower on the workshop for RC airplanes too!  

P.S. Your family (not you) needs a 1:1 dune buggy too.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dannymulder said:

Did some more building on my rock rey kit, made some nice progress, the only thing left to do is build the  shocks and paint the body and install the servo and do some little things.

But for now I have to wait for my alloy servo horn to arrive, then I can complete it.

49542875696_e456d357aa_c.jpg

Nice rock rey the all servo horn is a must also the alloy rear trailing arms it gives it a bit more strength at the rear because the plastic ones tend to bend when you accelerate hard! 

20190209_125505.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moffman said:

Nice rock rey the all servo horn is a must also the alloy rear trailing arms it gives it a bit more strength at the rear because the plastic ones tend to bend when you accelerate hard! 

20190209_125505.jpg

very nice rock rey, I have done some upgrades, used an ssd alloy front bulkhead and exotek alloy diff housings and a hot racing third member that are the upgrades needed for driving the car on 3s

• Like 1

3s is mental the standard front tyres blew off my rock rey that's now I ended up with these prolines I must admit although 3s is a blast it's more useable on 2s And still Insanely fast! Mine has moved on now though I swapped it for a full kit and all kyosho turbo optima including option house spa 240 motor the guy spent a fortune on the radio gear and turbo optima kit speed controller the lot boxed unbuilt! I'd had the fun with the rock rey all summer he fell in love with it when I took it to my LHS he was asking the shop keeper to sell the optima for him I said I would swap the rest is history! 

20190713_222544.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

This is a great idea, will keep that in the memory bank. Just hope the memory bank works 😂

Know what you mean, I find myself keeping notes, now if only I could remember where I left them 🤔

• Haha 2

Gave my FAV and Midnight Pumpkin diffs the 3racing diff oil treatment. I haven't run any of these cars yet, but you can feel significantly more resistance  compared to AW grease just turning the wheels. Now I just have the Konghead left to do. Considering the amount I have used on 4 cars so far, this tub will last my lifetime and then some :lol:

I want to give a big thank you to Juggular for sharing the info about this stuff.

• Like 1

Tried to fit my M05 chassis halves together but my shorter gear shaft won’t seat in the chassis. There is double the amount proud of the gear to go into the motor plate.

49B9CFCD-590C-406C-B059-0971FD057D6E.jpg

Any suggestions welcome...

while in bed the past few days i have been looking at my revo sitting on top of a cubard  gathering dust (over the past few years) so today o took it down and deceided to give it a clean and noticed when i placed it on its wheels the sag (so a rebuild is def needed) is a bit much so gave it a general clean as it aint really dirty from use and while cleaning i found the 2 steering servos and the throttle servo to be seized and the driveshaft boots perished  so phone lhs to see if they still have these parts in stock and found 1 lot out of the 2 in stock and gotta wait until mid march for more stock and while on the phone asked about new servos also he said it will come to around £75 for the 3 then he said try taking them apart as the copper bearing tends to be the cause of the seizeing  so gonna try that tomm.

i was also surprised to find the engine free and not seized also it makes me glad i use after run oil 

quite happy with them few items to be repalced 

shock rebuild kit x2

drive shaft boots x2

and the servo strip down and service

After discovering my Vanquish in a bit of a sorry state in my parents loft, and selling it on ebay for good money I have invested in a Sand Viper + new radio gear. I'ts hopefully coming tomorrow and can't wait to build it. After much investigation I went for the Sand Viper as it's on the dt02 chassis and fully ball raced with metal drive shafts.