Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, kentphil said:

After discovering my Vanquish in a bit of a sorry state in my parents loft, and selling it on ebay for good money I have invested in a Sand Viper + new radio gear. I'ts hopefully coming tomorrow and can't wait to build it. After much investigation I went for the Sand Viper as it's on the dt02 chassis and fully ball raced with metal drive shafts.

Oh wow, I hope you don’t regret selling. Although there’s nothing quite like a new kit! :D 

• Like 1

I actually eventually fitted a torque tuned motor to our stalled Mystery Machine Lunchbox 👍

Reckon I might do the rear CVA’s next 😉

Well tomorrow anyway. 

• Like 1

Sold a TT02 (which was mostly a TT02R except bits scavenged for my TT02S drifter).  I'll have to spend a day or two thinking about whether or not that money is now Super Astute money.

I'm trying to be practical about how many cars I own versus how many I need.  I realize this is the worst place to be airing such thoughts.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Blista said:

Sold a TT02 (which was mostly a TT02R except bits scavenged for my TT02S drifter).  I'll have to spend a day or two thinking about whether or not that money is now Super Astute money.

I'm trying to be practical about how many cars I own versus how many I need.  I realize this is the worst place to be airing such thoughts.  :lol:

Do it, do it, do it!

Tamiya, practical, need? 😂

Great looking buggy, it looks fast standing still 👍

• Like 1

Emailed Tamico about the badly formed recess in my M05 chassis. Nothing ventured...

Had a tidy up, felt good to get things organised as parts were piling up.

• Like 1

I pulled apart my Konghead to grease up the diffs. It is one of my favorite cars to drive, but definitely my least favorite to work on. The whole chassis/gearbox thing is a pain in the a$$.

Started the Dual Rider build, going pretty easy for my first build in over a year... can’t wait to get it running, not looking forward to finding good painting weather though!4B1AB5EB-C801-4787-BBB8-E38B24ABCBD6.thumb.jpeg.4979dd8a54094ca5ff9a8b1012e32b04.jpeg

• Like 11

Blitzer Beetle trans teardown so i can replace the trans case halves. 7.5t brushless with lipo and it was a handful!  I wrecked it the first day of my vacation at the beach last summer and tried numerous failed attempts to shoe goo it back together (desperate times call for desperate measures!) 

49553727953_9abbbd59bf_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49553727898_8b7ddf6c44_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49554575177_f0ab7f1531_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 3

Bought my first genuine vintage tamiya (well yesterday actually) I've always bought current rc cars or re-releases but I seen this it was a bit whacky and definitely different all my rc's at the moment are quite serious looking (avante, egress, topforce, cat etc etc apart from my monster beetles) this is the complete opposite:lol: it's on it's way so hopefully by the weekend I'll post it on the forum I wouldn't be surprised if I've bought it from a TC member? 

• Like 2

I saw someone demanding AUD$150 for his poorly painted Lunchbox today - pretty rich considering they're AUD$152 BRAND NEW from a good eBay seller who I've previously used. Plus he's done a bad job painting the body, but applied the stickers anyway, so if you wanted to re-paint it you'd need to remove them and pay up for a new sticker sheet. I'll pass, thanks.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/heathridge/collectables/tamiya-lunchbox-new-built-never-ran/1241715412

In other news, my body magnets turned up today (third time buying them from eBay) so after 2+ months I can finally attempt to mount the Volvo 242GT body to my TT01. I have a RDO tomorrow but not really sure how I'm going to spend it - almost 2 inches of rain last night have left everywhere sodden, so maybe a trip to the beach with the DT02?

There’s a trike trend on TC thanks to a deal from Jadlam :D mines bog standard for now. Might even try out 4 AA batteries in it. 

49555687442_ebf8c3ae70_b.jpg

• Like 5

Held my breath for the clear top coat as I spray outside, thankfully a still day. Phew. 
back on rostered shift tomorrow so the finishing off bits will have to wait for the end of next week.
Stoked with it so far, but This paint job has now given me an overwhelming urge to play Tetris. 

6070EFA5-E355-4421-88D7-168DEEE5CDE4.jpg

A621F639-8B30-4C9C-B6F2-6BADFBF2B476.jpg

C7B87116-10BA-4C41-9377-8D883CFE676F.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Having changed the orientation of the the original rectangular rear damper mounts on my trail truck so that I could mount the dampers higher (the previous owner had removed the top line of holes so the mounts would fit under the body they were using), I wasn’t happy with the amount of mount below the chassis line.

Even though there was no contact with the axle at full compression, it wasn’t pretty.

363B8031-753B-4ECD-86B5-4F7E626BF3BC.jpg

So, not having access to metal cutting and drilling facilities, I bought some eBay specials

F7B789AF-B900-42DD-A2FE-2803F271FE4C.jpg

Sligtly angled, they allow the body to fit on the mounts. In the end, I may have to start cutting up the hard body to make a battery fit anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J@mes said:

There’s a trike trend on TC thanks to a deal from Jadlam :D mines bog standard for now. Might even try out 4 AA batteries in it. 

49555687442_ebf8c3ae70_b.jpg

@J@mes which is the better kit, this one or the Mini Lunchbox? 
I’d like both and a comical Hornet but I can’t justify that level of spending in one hit. 

I built the CVA’s for our my daughters Lunchbox last night, I really enjoyed it as well.

Everyone was in bed and I found the process really therapeutic. 

Total money sink-

New wheels

New glass

New chrome

Bearings

Paint x 2

Decal sheet

Alloy body posts

New servo

New motor

New esc

Hop up wheelie bar

Alloy servo saver

CRP front bumper

4 CVA’s 

Why oh why? 😂

• Haha 1

Hi @Grumpy pants hard question with as far as I’ve got on the trike. The MLB is hopped up and modified but the trike is kit box standard warts (bushings) ‘n all. Plus I’ve not run the trike. 

I have a feeling I’m going to like Running the trike more, as the MLB is more of the same old RC just smaller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

(Not strictly today,  but over the past week....but-) 

Been having bother with tyres ballooning on the Dark Impact when passing the 60mph mark, with the car moving around alot (steering an issue with the front wheels light/In the air).

These, Dboot Hoons ,are seemingly good for over 100mph, but are 17mm hex. Ordered and fitted the 12-17 adapters, but not happy, it's left around 3mm of thread to tighten onto, so Nyloc's are no use, and with a washer needed, serrated have nothing to bite into. Ordered a different type of adapter, that uses a spigot, enabling a normal nut for 1/8 scale. 🤞

Ordered new diff balls (8yrs of abuse, and they're starting to feel gritty), hopefully crack the 70mph mark this year.......😏

2020-02-19_09-21-37

• Like 8

@Grumpy pants I've got a Trike and a Mini Lunchbox. @J@mes is right that the MLB is the same just smaller but it's really good fun as it's small enough to rag about indoors pulling steerable wheelies and forward rolls.

The Trike is great outside but I find it's best on a slightly dusty surface as it'll actually drift through corners. Both fun so I'd suggest the MLB for indoors and Trike if mostly out doors..... 

But you already know the correct answer is both.... 😉 

DSC_0027

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

was gonna start on installing the fibre optic kit in my grand hauler dash but found i need a real small drill bit and i don't have one so i decided 

to strip the 2 steering servos and the throttle servo on my revo i thought they was seized but turned out the grease was the culprit  so cleaned of the old stuff on the gear/cogs

and applied new and they turn :P (by hand ) i need to to loft diving and find the batt charger and control know 

hopefully saved £75 on 3 servos

• Like 2

Fitted my TT-02 Type S, TB-03, M-05, M-07 and F103 with their track wheelsets and bodyshells, balance charged my LiPos, packed my pit bag, checked the postcode for Force Raceway on Google to put into my satnav, saw that the opening times listed weren't the same as on the Force Raceway website, phoned to query, found that the website was out of date and they are now closed on Wednesdays, unpacked my pit bag, fitted my TT-02 Type S, TB-03, M-05, M-07 and F103 with their shelf wheelsets and bodyshells, and am now putting my LiPos back in storage mode as it will be over a month until my shift cycle allows me to try Force Raceway again.

At least I didn't do as my colleague did, and drive all the way there from Worksop before finding out that they aren't open this evening...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5

Today, I killed a Hobbywing 1060 with ignorance by trying to engage reverse on a 14x2 Reedy Ti motor with a Schottky diode. My Avante 2001 goes forwards at a colossally rapid rate, but won't brake. This produced a slightly bruised ankle.

Pfft. Literally, it seems. :-/

• Sad 4

Trike
Got the body cut sanded masked & PS5’d this evening, still undecided on the main colour. It’s such a small area I might just use up whatever I have lying around.

49558891422_6ce7ec9059_b.jpg

• Like 5