Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I finally did something RC-related after a long break. Forgive me for my sins, I got caught up with Mini-Z's last year and my Tamiya collection took a back seat.

Todays' mission was to fix an old car which has been sat on a shelf broken for 2 years. A DF-02 which I bought from eBay for £30 (bargain) and have proceeded to spend many times that on it just replacing parts which keep breaking. Yeah, not a great model the DF-02 unfortunately, but it's under my skin now and I want to run it again. How long do we think it will last before breaking again? (it has got a 10.5 Brushless setup in it...)

49558986867_1e8a28e114_b.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I finally did something RC-related after a long break. Forgive me for my sins, I got caught up with Mini-Z's last year and my Tamiya collection took a back seat.

Todays' mission was to fix an old car which has been sat on a shelf broken for 2 years. A DF-02 which I bought from eBay for £30 (bargain) and have proceeded to spend many times that on it just replacing parts which keep breaking. Yeah, not a great model the DF-02 unfortunately, but it's under my skin now and I want to run it again. How long do we think it will last before breaking again? (it has got a 10.5 Brushless setup in it...)

49558986867_1e8a28e114_b.jpg

Welcome back @ChrisRx718 👍

I had a few minutes to myself last night, so  I dissembled the front suspension on our LB ready to fit the new servo, alloy posts and Kimborough servo saver.

Its nice using the parts I bought ages ago for it and trying out new  hop ups.

Being an obsessive I had to turn the motor and pinion cover around so the label and logo are now the right way up 😂

Tamiya definitely brings out the nerd in me  💥  

• Like 3

While I am waiting for a replacement chassis for my M05-RA, I started toying with another project.

A119D6F4-1CF4-4909-9064-AA234779719A.jpg

Thanks to @Saito2 for the build stand idea!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Do not ask your 3 year old what colour you should paint the face.... as when she says blue you can’t back track... and I tried!

Ps - I’ve lost the knack of perfect painting somewhere along the line, if you find it please forward it on ;)

0907DA5C-2D0E-4A96-AB49-6738313BECF4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Do not ask your 3 year old what colour you should paint the face.... as when she says blue you can’t back track... and I tried!

Did you try so hard you went blue in the face? :lol:

Sorry, I had to.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Ps - I’ve lost the knack of perfect painting somewhere along the line, if you find it please forward it on ;)

0907DA5C-2D0E-4A96-AB49-6738313BECF4.jpeg

what that song 

arrrrrrrrrr yes 

i'm blue dab a de dab a daa:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Biz73 said:

Did you try so hard you went blue in the face? :lol:

Sorry, I had to.

Yep, now I’m a smurf just like the dancing rider 😆

3C91C5F3-E31D-4898-BC6F-2AAC52889D95.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, topforcein said:

what that song 

arrrrrrrrrr yes 

i'm blue dab a de dab a daa:lol:

Must make a video with this backing track... cheers bud 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Must make a video with this backing track... cheers bud 👍

Thanks lads🙄

That's all I've got going round and round in my head now! 

• Haha 2

I fitted the new servo, small alloy bits and put the front suspension back together on our Lunchbox.

That’s as much as I will have time for until the weekend after next. 

• Like 2

Well the Volvo body is now finally mounted up to the TT01 chassis, so hopefully I can get it out tonight to get some photos...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

That turned out pretty good! Never would think to paint him blue!  Makes me think I should get mine more involved.

• Like 1

the new set of tyres turned up today for the grand hauler alloys i got on monday so got them fitted and ive gotta say i do like them they look a bit like the tamiya one that are as hard to find as rocking horse do do. and 3 times the price also . they are a bit wider also so gotta spacer the rear wheel arch's

IMG_20200221_161003.jpg

• Like 5

Got A brand new antenna for my old DX3C, pulled it apart last night and it all went south. Looks like the internal end is glued on to the circuit board, so I had to very carefully cut the excess off so I could remove the antenna wire with its tiny plug.

Well the whole plug including what it plugs into broke off the circuit board!

The outer ring is separate from the pin in the centre, and that broke off as well! 😯

The whole thing is the size of a lead pencil tip!

I was ready to admit it was going in the bin, and fork out for a new radio, but I figured I would try and fix it. My first idea was to super glue it down, and use conductive paint to make the three contacts again as it's really too small to solder, but can't find it, so had to solder it. I did the best I could with what I had.

It is back together and I will range test it this morning, fingers crossed. Wish I had taken pics!

• Like 3

Got these three ready for a blast tomorrow. Converted the Monster Beetle to a Hobbywing 1080 and Lipo, seems to go well with a BZ motor.

20200221_195042-1919x1106.thumb.jpg.47402b297c17771f6a2d424d90f49831.jpg

• Like 5

Was actually yesterday, but picked up my Black Clod from my LHS owner, he had it at his place so I could get it after hours 👍🏻

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Was actually yesterday, but picked up my Black Clod from my LHS owner, he had it at his place so I could get it after hours 👍🏻

is that a sign your buying too much when the LHS will take it home from you :rolleyes:

I kid of course, you can never buy too much!

• Haha 2

Today over lunch I took my freshly re-motored DT-02 Desert Gator for another longer test run which went really well,. The motor and ESC stayed cool, and I ran out of lunch time before running out of battery. I am really enjoying this 13.5t motor/19t pinion/TBLE-02 ESC/2s LiPo battery combo in this buggy. It was quite quick on the 17t brushed motor I had in it before, but the Trident XT-12 ESC didn't fill me with confidence as I fried its identical predecessor, and the NiMH batteries I was using previously were showing their age. As a result, I found that I tended to pick other cars when I felt like a quick bash. I have a feeling that this one will be seeing a lot more use now!

• Like 4

Finally finished my FJ40 CR01...really happy with and loved the build

Now time to get out and about but my mate @mtbkym01

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

• Like 14

On 2/20/2020 at 7:46 PM, Jason1145 said:

Your character looks just like a player out in the the Wii U game Splatoon 👍

• Like 1

used car dealers dont you just love them:angry: 

my son brought a car from a used dealer in leeds"uk" a few weeks back  and when he got it home i noticed a few thing wrong with it 

1=eml on

2=at least 5 bulbs not working

3=knocking from front of car 

4=front tyre bald

plus a few others so last week we managed to get it back to the place to get them sorted 

so yesterday they rang my son and told the car was ready to collect

so today we set of in the crate of a courtersy car he was given to use

know when we got there a couple of hours later the bloke that works their said he had to pay £100 for the repaires that should have been done before he picked the car up so that was it red rag to the bull time with me i asked him why was the reason for the bill and he said he had to change a bottom arm and as a courtesy he did the other and the bill was for the other arm.

so at that i said to him he sold my son a car with a bent m.o.t as the stuff above was a mot fail he tryed to say me son was responible for the knocking and the bald tyre so i said how the badword can a tyre go bald in 2 weeks from him picking it up and passing a m.o.t the week he picked the car up. but he was'nt having it so i told him the spare wheel that came with the car is cracked in 3 places so that was something to do with the knocking and also the bald tyre then he told me the knocking was the ball joint had poped of and that was the cause of the knocking witch miffed me off even more as that could have killed me son or caused a crash as it was like that when he picked it up 

then i said to him about the courtersy car was a 02 golf with over 130.000 miles on it and it stank of damp dog and mould in it the handbrake did not work my son had to change 2 headlight bulb that did not work and we drove it back in that storm dennis last week on the motor way with it like that even after i asked him if everything worked on it and he said yes i have checked it my self but clearly he had not.

so he was not backing down with the £100 bill so at that i started sprouting of the consumer rights info and that that car has all the stuff wrong with it when it was picked up and that my son never agreed to any items being changed and getting charged for it so they did that off their own back and with out any authorisation from my son and as soon as i started with the consumer rights stuff he gave me son his key and gave in so he won with them and got out of paying the £100 bill.

the best thing is they put a platinum warrenty on the car witch is for a year so i look forward to seeing them again if it has to go for repair again (witch i hope it dont go wrong)

next time i will make sure he buys a car a bit closer to home as tbh i dont need that kind of stress with my heart condition

• Sad 2