Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@topforcein car dealers can be a shady bunch. I had a repair to my car after a driver hit the back at low speed. Turns out the repair mechanic found the safety beam behind the bumper had been removed to fit parking sensors. I bought the car a year ago from a trader who would’ve known almost certainly known this & he also knew I was buying it to use as a family car with 2 baby seats in the back.

16 hours ago, J@mes said:

@topforcein car dealers can be a shady bunch. I had a repair to my car after a driver hit the back at low speed. Turns out the repair mechanic found the safety beam behind the bumper had been removed to fit parking sensors. I bought the car a year ago from a trader who would’ve known almost certainly known this & he also knew I was buying it to use as a family car with 2 baby seats in the back.

the best thing for me is i  worked for car traders for nearly 20 years so i know all the tricks they pull and tbh i don't and never will work for another one either new or used sales as they are all the same 

16 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Spanking brilliant day at Tamiya Junkies meet at Robin Hood Raceway. Some great pics of some of my fleet by @Barnoid

Tamiya Junkies meet Robin Hood Raceway 22nd Feb 2020 Tamiya Junkies meet Robin Hood Raceway 22nd Feb 2020 Tamiya Junkies meet Robin Hood Raceway 22nd Feb 2020 Tamiya Junkies meet Robin Hood Raceway 22nd Feb 2020

Was great to meet @Mad Ax for the first too. His fleet is fantastic! 

Very cool way to spend a day.

I’d to think I can get to one of these meets one day soon. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Cooltoys said:

Just took some random photos of the newly acquired wild willy.. 🙂

20200221_104036.jpg

Me too:D never knew I liked them so much! My first ever encounter with one was back in 1982 (ish) and I hadn't long had my tamiya Ford ranger maybe a year or so, anyway I remember watching the TV and the news was on and this just goes to show my age:unsure: George best was in hospital (can't remember why) but his family at the time was going to visit him and the reporter stopped them to ask about him and in their possession was a tamiya wild willy kit!......first time I'd ever seen one remember no internet back then so I had to wait until the next time a visit to the rc shop!

20200223_094303.jpg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, moffman said:

Me too:D never knew I liked them so much! My first ever encounter with one was back in 1982 (ish) and I hadn't long had my tamiya Ford ranger maybe a year or so, anyway I remember watching the TV and the news was on and this just goes to show my age:unsure: George best was in hospital (can't remember why) but his family at the time was going to visit him and the reporter stopped them to ask about him and in their possession was a tamiya wild willy kit!......first time I'd ever seen one remember no internet back then so I had to wait until the next time a visit to the rc shop!

20200223_094303.jpg

Awesome fun these, definitely right up there as one of my all time favourites 👍 

• Like 1

Although not strictly tamiya! Went to pick up my new car today........bit concerned that I can't fit my rc car and tool box in the boot when I go over the park but never mind it's a nice colour;)

20200222_110414.jpg

20200222_134329(0).jpg

• Like 5

Today I put on yet another set of wheels/tires on my Manta Ray. I've been looking for the right one for a while... and I think now I've finally found it! :)

very pleased with how it looks, how it'll handle I don't know yet but I'm not concerned at all.

Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid Special wheels + Turbo Optima rere tires.

More pics on the thread in the rere section.

20200223-134920.jpg

20200223-140206.jpg

• Like 9

Fitted a Sense Innovations ESS Dual.

I had to borrow a Windows computer to reprogram it, because I only have linux on my laptop.

The sounds installed on the unit are all free to download and be changed at any time. It's a fun addition to a fun truck.

Not sure if this will work....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159501460458625&id=798783624&sfnsn=scwspmo&extid=kHcgJTZha7lMozH9&d=n&vh=i

Dual rider progress. Got the dremmel going to fit the body lower down giving it a more aggressive stance. 

49575985818_8779a88291_b.jpg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, moffman said:

Although not strictly tamiya! Went to pick up my new car today........bit concerned that I can't fit my rc car and tool box in the boot when I go over the park but never mind it's a nice colour;)

20200222_110414.jpg

20200222_134329(0).jpg

I worked for a local high-line European car dealer when the Enzo came out.  We had one come through for (I believe) pre delivery inspection and I distinctly remember the crowd it drew in the shop.  Pretty hard to get luxury car mechanics to stop in their tracks but the Enzo did!  Still a beauty, though I think the F40 is my personal favorite.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Very cool way to spend a day.

I’d to think I can get to one of these meets one day soon. 

It is. You really should! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

It is. You really should! 

It will happen in time, I went to a TC meet @ Snetterton and another in Leicester about 5 or 6 years ago and they were great fun for many different reasons.

• Like 1

I ordered the Rit dye for the CRP bumper that’s going on my daughters LB Mystery Machine. 
I’m pretty sure I have everything else now to complete this long over due project.

3 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I worked for a local high-line European car dealer when the Enzo came out.  We had one come through for (I believe) pre delivery inspection and I distinctly remember the crowd it drew in the shop.  Pretty hard to get luxury car mechanics to stop in their tracks but the Enzo did!  Still a beauty, though I think the F40 is my personal favorite.

Yeah me to! the F40 was and still is just the most beautiful Ferrari ever made followed by the 308GTO! the photos were taken at the London classic car show last weekend and actually next to it was this! Indecently I was reading about a F40 that cought fire in Monaco last week! It looked very heartbreaking:unsure:

20200222_112649.jpg

more so this last week. My laser cutter was playing up, so while I was checking it out I finally did a controller upgrade I'd been meaning to do. While I do get more functionality from the new controller, the main reason was so I could run better software. In this case light burn. The vendor specific software, while ok, was pretty crappy and limited.

Laser-cutter-controller-upgrade-1.jpg

Also, now that I am settled in to a rental for a bit, I was finally able to set up my 3D printer and proceeded to print a whole lot of test parts.

some-3D-printing-tests-1.jpg

I also printed a servo mount to move the servo to the front for the HG P407, and I got it installed

HG-P407-2.jpg

Lastly, did a bit of work on my car. I'd been having an issue with my Volvo, when you turned the indicators on, the headlights would flash, :huh:.

• Like 7

Played with the set up on the Skyrc Toro TS50. Never had so many options through the Program box before. Have set wheel diameter, gear ratio (fdr), 1st and 2nd stage brakeforce, percentage at which the brake force changes, motor direction, cut off point, running mode, reverse speed and all this after updating it via the Skyrc website. There's a few more settings I've still to figure out... So long as I haven't made a complete hash of these!

The program box can also be used to test servos, motors and lipo batteries which will be my next task seeing as the weather here in the UK is pretty bad at the moment. Properly impressed, just really could do with a few dry days in a row to run it. 

• Like 4

Somewhat frustrated at the moment waiting on parts for my two current builds.

So let off steam by ordering one of these ‘bluebottle’ motors from eBay. 

Now I need to see if I have a suitable ESC or invest in one of these Skyrc Toro TS50 thingies...

...and decide which car it could go in.

• Like 3

Realised that the spare 42mm dogbones from my TT02 TYPE S that i need to finish my Konghead must have been in the box when i sold my stock TT02. Balls! 51048 is out of stock everywhere in the uk too. This build is dragging out and getting on my nerves now to be honest. Anyone got a pair i can buy? 

Went racing, well this weekend just past.  And in a real car, not toy cars this time.  We entered our 1995 Toyota Levin in the Lemons Badthurst 12 hour endurance race.  The car's done 280,000kms and survived the full 12 hours (admittedly its had some work, bottom end freshened up last year by previous owners, then we sorted an oil cooler and brakes before the event).  We came 16th from 36 teams who entered, 28 finished so we're stoked with the result for our first event.  One team didn't make the start line though, into a wall at the end of practice, they will be gutted.  It was an awesome weekend and we will definitely be doing the upcoming continuous 24 hour race in May.

Unfortunately I missed the 10th scale outdoor meet on Sunday though, so haven't made it to a single rc race meet this year.

• Like 6

I did send my F104ver2 to the new owner in UK. Hopefully he will like it. 

afterwards I went to my budies garage, had to change bearings in the front wheel of my Aprilia Scarabeo, as the maintenance manual suggests lubricating the bearings. I just decided to change them since they are cheap and the old ones were noisy. 

• Like 1