Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/20/2020 at 5:17 AM, Badcrumble said:

While I am waiting for a replacement chassis for my M05-RA, I started toying with another project.

A119D6F4-1CF4-4909-9064-AA234779719A.jpg

Thanks to @Saito2 for the build stand idea!!!

Oh, are you working on some Unimog project? That looks both, super nice and interesting ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Oh, are you working on some Unimog project? That looks both, super nice and interesting ;)

It is a scratch-build idea I have been working on (slowly) since last May. Next steps will be the chassis. If it doesn't work out, a Unimog is an excellent idea!

• Like 1

Shapeways delivered late in the day so i trial fitted the TT02 Type S sway bar kit i designed 

Tamiya TT02 Type S anti roll / sway / stabilizer bar kit by CTE RC on Shapeways Tamiya TT02 Type S anti roll / sway / stabilizer bar kit by CTE RC on Shapeways Tamiya TT02 Type S anti roll / sway / stabilizer bar kit by CTE RC on Shapeways

The FF03 stabilizer kit goes straight on as you can see, but with a bit of adaptation my TA06 sway bars fit too. XV01 set will probably fit too. The TRF418 set for the TA07 won't work at the front without quite a few new parts because of the different dropper link design. 

So far so good. Needs a couple of tweaks before putting it on sale, but i need to run it through a race meeeting at least to make sure its strobg enough and works properly. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Shapeways delivered late in the day so i trial fitted the TT02 Type S sway bar kit i designed 

Tamiya TT02 Type S anti roll / sway / stabilizer bar kit by CTE RC on Shapeways Tamiya TT02 Type S anti roll / sway / stabilizer bar kit by CTE RC on Shapeways Tamiya TT02 Type S anti roll / sway / stabilizer bar kit by CTE RC on Shapeways

The FF03 stabilizer kit goes straight on as you can see, but with a bit of adaptation my TA06 sway bars fit too. XV01 set will probably fit too. The TRF418 set for the TA07 won't work at the front without quite a few new parts because of the different dropper link design. 

So far so good. Needs a couple of tweaks before putting it on sale, but i need to run it through a race meeeting at least to make sure its strobg enough and works properly. 

Good job there mate👍

I reckon you should sell that to Tamiya

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uranium said:

i gave my buggy tires some lettering. i think they're pretty alright.20200225_222823.thumb.jpg.6f236073797304fa2b7119b329afc450.jpg

I did the same once with a white Marker from the manufacturer Eding. Had to find out it did not last very long. Also was a pain to do the lettering on 1:10 touring wheels.

I did a little bit organize the my still to be finished shelves for my small collection.

that is how the cars are going to be positioned, will need another row below for the upcoming M chassis, like a M01, M04 and M06, also some LED lighting needs to be added to the shelves.

Ga5SjS4.jpg

• Like 6

Strictly not today, but over the course of the weekend...

This has been sat in its box since I received it in November. Just haven't had the time to build it. Now I want some nice 80-90mm dampers to replace the stock plastic ones :D

49558986872_9c949216c5_b.jpg

49558749436_bef825455b_b.jpg

• Like 7

13 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Amazing stuff!! Im definitely down for one

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 4:20 PM, moffman said:

Yeah me to! the F40 was and still is just the most beautiful Ferrari ever made followed by the 308GTO! the photos were taken at the London classic car show last weekend and actually next to it was this! Indecently I was reading about a F40 that cought fire in Monaco last week! It looked very heartbreaking:unsure:

20200222_112649.jpg

The fire wasn't started by the same 'smoking man' was it? :lol:

• Like 1

This guy didn’t get a Driver name from Tamiya, anyone got any good ideas for one?! 

49586701763_1bf9af36cc_b.jpg

• Like 1

That's Child Willy !

See what I did right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

The fire wasn't started by the same 'smoking man' was it? :lol:

Yeah I noticed that when I posted the photos:lol: I don't think he's smoking because of obviously strict no smoking my question is what is he actually doing?:unsure:

On 2/23/2020 at 7:08 PM, Grumpy pants said:

Awesome fun these, definitely right up there as one of my all time favourites 👍 

Yeah they are so cool and considering how old they are now the detail is just top quality! I never give them a second look back in the day I was just into how good I could get my buggies to race a 5 minute heat!

• Like 1

removed old radio and esc from Baja Champ, chucked in new ESC and Flysky receiver, worked a treat, although slow, too slow, so I thought was worth trying my first brushless motor. I had it lying there unsure what to test it in. Connected up, but get nothing, after reading the manual it seems I might be getting low voltage detection, so I'll charge a battery tonight and then give it another go. Hoping its as simple as thought. Although could be the cheap TL02 ESC thing that came with the beetle. It was junk on brushed motors, so perhaps its junk on brushless too.

Also cut out a new lexan wing ready to be painted.

And finally on the old girl, fully ball raced. A mate has one so will be having a bash at his track at Easter, so I want to turn up with the fastest baja, and monster beetle (running a 13t) and Rough Rider.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:58 AM, yogi-bear said:

is that a sign your buying too much when the LHS will take it home from you :rolleyes:

I kid of course, you can never buy too much!

I am pretty close with my LHS, but he's never invited me around for dinner and a clod buster! 😲

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah I noticed that when I posted the photos:lol: I don't think he's smoking because of obviously strict no smoking my question is what is he actually doing?:unsure:

I think he's kissing the tips of his thumb and fore finger and saying "bellissimo" 

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2020 at 5:16 PM, ChrisRx718 said:

Strictly not today, but over the course of the weekend...

This has been sat in its box since I received it in November. Just haven't had the time to build it. Now I want some nice 80-90mm dampers to replace the stock plastic ones :D

49558986872_9c949216c5_b.jpg

49558749436_bef825455b_b.jpg

Check out shocks by ZD Racing. They're cheap but very nice and sturdy. I'm using 100mm for my CC-01.

5 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Check out shocks by ZD Racing. They're cheap but very nice and sturdy. I'm using 100mm for my CC-01.

Look decent, I'm thinking of trying some of the scale shocks available from the far East, with the springs inside? Some of the ones listed on selling sites look surprisingly similar to the branded versions available for much more £££...

Need to start a little thread for this truck when I get some more time.

• Like 1

Today was a nice relaxed day spent doing various little RC tasks while hanging out with my wife.

I started off by replacing a worn ball connector on my TL-01LA, then we spent far too much time looking at it, during which I spotted a scratched bumper (replaced) and she spotted a touch of corrosion on a dogbone (removed). It also bothered us that the screws had lost their lustre, which led to us ordering replacements for those too. Given how rare TL-01LAs are these days, we figured it deserves to look its best. It has been a while since I last drove it, and I have learned a thing or two about set-up since then, so I dialled in a tiny bit of toe-out and tweaked the front camber.

This led to my wife and I discussing how its current aftermarket display bodyshell, while nice enough, isn't really in keeping with the LA's special status, and how it deserves a genuine Tamiya one. We looked at a few, and decided on the CLK GTR, which should look good on display with my other GT cars. It won't be out for a few months yet, but it is on the list. This also means that the car's current shell can be donated to the Cats Protection charity build.

The postman then arrived with a ballraced alloy steering assembly for a TA-02 - a model that I am hoping to add to the fleet at some point. I was thinking a TA-02SW Porsche GT3 would look nice with the others in my fleet. My wife was curious about the parcel and asked which car it was for, so I showed her a picture of the Porsche in question. However a TA-03RS Porsche 911 GT1 was also on the screen, which she preferred. Given that we had just decided to get the TL-01LA a CLK GTR shell, it seemed a good idea to get it a GT1 companion, so a TA-03RS is now on our "to buy" list too.

I then moved my attention to my nephew's TL-01s, which are spending some time at our house out of harm's way while his bedroom is being redecorated. His track car got a quick clean, a new aerial mount and a foam bumper, and his rally car got a more thorough cleaning, a motor guard and a couple of replacement wheel bearings.

Next up was my brother-in-law's Wild Dagger, which had become an unwilling parts donor last time my nephew broke a front upright on his M-03. A replacement was fitted along with a replacement pair of kingpins as the originals had gone missing.

The last car on the table was my wife's Rising Fighter, which had a new receiver and ESC fitted the other day. The MTroniks ESC didn't come with a face plate for its switch, but I found a spare one in with my TL-01 spares, so I fitted this to the Rising Fighter. It looks much neater this way I think.

• Like 4

I passed my last compulsory exam yesterday which means I can keep my job 😳.

Anyway tax done, exam past, house move and renovation on hold for a year, time to breath. 

I might treat myself to RC present 👍

• Like 7

Fitted a traxxas bumper,........

To a lunchbox, well it wouldn't be a traxxas would it?

spacer.png

X3mYeOG.jpg

spacer.png

Bullet proof /zombie proof glass. 

spacer.png

Sunroof opened up for phone/GPS.

No more road rash on roof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1