Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got these made by the same chap that made the truck stands.

3d printed 5th wheel covers with the merc logo and grand hauler logo printed on them.

Painted over the weekend and yes the colour diff is bad but i only had dregs left in the cans so it was make do.

IMG_20200302_125418.jpg

IMG_20200302_125341.jpg

• Like 3

Last Saturday's rally run on a makeshift track at a local clubhouse's tennis court. The manager is my friend so he allowed us to run since the court is being renovated.

h0cpw4jh.jpg

2ovQr0xh.jpg

j5bsPTWh.jpg

oZJy2Dqh.jpg

VV9bndDh.jpg

lzquGGDh.jpg

5zrKO9Wh.jpg

DGOGtRvh.jpg 

• Like 8

not today, but this week, I have been mostly posting, bodies. ;)

Shipped a finished box art vintage Sand Scorcher to one TC member and another 5 vintage polycarbs to another.

The workbench barely got to sigh a dusty sigh of relief before the next project was unceremoniously dumped on it, mud, grease and general grime and all. The new patient is a Ford Ranger resto for yet another TC member (hi!! :) I don't mean me, just saying hi to them)

Spent hours scrubbing and cleaning everything so it's all lovely and sparkly now. Got most of the chassis rebuilt, just waiting on new ball plates to finish it off.

With that put to one side I started rebuilding my CR-01 with all my freshly painted parts. Managed to get all the main sub-assemblies built up so I'm just waiting for the new body to arrive (tomorrow!) so I can set the wheelbase and shock locations!! I almost attached the new servo, but normality soon kicked in and I realised that was a step far too close to making something usable, and it went back in its box ;) 

• Like 4

My 9 year old nephew bought his wpl b1 truck around to me today after he’s started to strip it as he what’s it resprayed not a problem I said then he says he wants it to be a recovery truck lol I said I will see what I can do 🤔 any ideas on how I would go about this? 

E9CEA123-49ED-4E51-B7B3-0A6B54D6C2CF.jpeg

D146B847-C65F-45A7-86F5-249F269EFAA6.jpeg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Novamadcars said:

My 9 year old nephew bought his wpl b1 truck around to me today after he’s started to strip it as he what’s it resprayed not a problem I said then he says he wants it to be a recovery truck lol I said I will see what I can do 🤔 any ideas on how I would go about this? 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=446938&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1vTUjYr85wIViZntCh1BMwiCEAQYASABEgLZrfD_BwE

:)

alternatively you could get a Bruder Sprinter recovery truck and graft the back end on. It's 1/16 scale so should be a pretty much perfect fit.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

I absolutely love your terrain, for someone like me who lives where it never snows, seeing that above is truely eye opening, and the fact that you get out and run your RC’s is truely fantastic, good stuff, keep it up. How long before it all starts to melt typically?

We get very long winters up here. Usually we are covered in snow from December to at least March, often until end of April. It can get depressing at times, so finding ways to spend time outside helps a lot. Besides winter sports and hiking, running RCs is definitely a perfect way to enjoy some outdoors time, even at -30 °C :ph34r: when it gets so cold, getting water in your electronics is not a concern at all as everything is just dead frozen. When it's slushy/melty than yes, but usually all it takes to keep out of trouble is some basic waterproofing and some extra care in thoroughly drying your car after use. Buggys get so packed with snow that the best way to go is upside down in the bath tub first, then by a heater. 

A good tip is also run your cars in the pure snow only, not on roads which are full of salt and gravel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, novicelad said:

Made a course for the CR-01 and had some fun

7BA8dWMl.jpg

And the vid

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

I bought an Avante.....:ph34r:

Wonder which will get built first - your Avante or my Super Astute (or Egress)? :D

3 hours ago, Novamadcars said:

i remember watching a episode of outback truckers and chap had a off road recovery truck for use in the desert in austrailier he had to get a stranded defender where i think the 4wd or rear axle had given out so could not get up the sand hills on the simpson. so seeing it as the offroad tires on then stick a recovery bed on it with a winch

• Like 1

Finally got around to finishing the prep and positioning for the Herbie shell to sit on my lunchbox, what a pain in the ****!!!
Next up ..... primer, paint, windows and decals - weather permitting of course 😬

F7E940B5-AE6D-4337-B09F-5C5C28C8676A.jpeg

DD22BB5D-ABC8-46AA-80C7-18B6F355165A.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

All good fun though 

At least it was aptly named! 😎

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2020 at 4:54 PM, Peter_B said:

Wonder which will get built first - your Avante or my Super Astute (or Egress)? :D

hah - I have you beat there - it's an original one so it's already built! :P

Now, if you had asked which will get used first......:rolleyes:

I've been offered this for £90 which I think is a very good price but I'll be damned if I can work out what it is, it isn't a ta04 and certainly not the tt-02 I was expecting! Possibly a Sakura but the gears are in the wrong place?  Any ideas oh wise denizens of the forum?

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

you may have to define "denizens" before you'll get a response :P

:D Those fine dwellers of this here corner of the internet :lol:

43 minutes ago, Biggie_G said:

I've been offered this for £90 which I think is a very good price but I'll be damned if I can work out what it is, it isn't a ta04 and certainly not the tt-02 I was expecting! Possibly a Sakura but the gears are in the wrong place?  Any ideas oh wise denizens of the forum?

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

It's a Tamiya TA05 VDF drift chassis.

28 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

It's a Tamiya TA05 VDF drift chassis.

Thank you! I was having real trouble with identifying it. :D 

• Like 1

Gave these to run today, a bit of a video over on YouTubed! thread. 

69E70E6D-AFF1-4111-BA0C-17E9359AAA34.jpg

• Like 4

i was hoping to finish my revo re-build today with the parts that have arrived over the past week on to find the main item witch is a set of 2 drivrshaft boots  and 1 of them is split in the packet so no good.

but i cracked on with the other one  

replaced the fuel line with new

soaked the hub ball race's in wd 40 for half a hour and they came out spinning like new

replaced a toe link due to other being rusty

re oiled using kit spare shock silicone oil and rebuilt shocks with rebuild kits but don't like the softness so will buy thicker oil next time i go to lhs

at the mo i am trying to charge a new battery for the receiver i brought a few years back with the kit charger as i cant be bothered to empty a cubard to find my other charger witch i have forgot on how to use:lol:.

next will be a strip down of the front and rear diffs to inspect 

and strip engine to inspect that as its been around 4 years since last start and will need to buy fresh fuel as what i have was brought around 8 years back and i have only used 5 tanks out of it

then it will be as new again :D

• Like 1