Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fitted my TT-02 Type S, TB-03, M-05, M-07 and F103 with their track wheelsets and bodyshells, balance charged my LiPos, packed my pit bag, checked the Farcebook site for Force Raceway to make sure I had the right times for tomorrow's Tune & Test session, found it to be cancelled due to a private booking, unpacked my pit bag, fitted my TT-02 Type S, TB-03, M-05, M-07 and F103 with their shelf wheelsets and bodyshells, and am now putting my LiPos back in storage mode yet again.

I might try them again one more time, but I think I might need to find somewhere closer and/or with a more regular schedule to run my on-road cars.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Biggie_G said:

I've been offered this for £90 which I think is a very good price but I'll be damned if I can work out what it is, it isn't a ta04 and certainly not the tt-02 I was expecting! Possibly a Sakura but the gears are in the wrong place?  Any ideas oh wise denizens of the forum?

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

A good haul I would say

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fabia130vRS said:

A good haul I would say

So would I after having seen the kit on Tamiya USA for $250 dollars without a body and there are a few rare editions on ebay at over £350! 

Put one more colour on the Clod body! 

I had a can of TS-89: Perl Blue and TS-50: Mica Blue - couldn't tell the difference between the two so I started with Pearl Blue.

It has a really nice sparkle but a VERY thin consistency compared to regular colours.  I had runs and patchy spots all over the place and the can didn't even cover the bottom half of the body. Quite dissapointing....(note the dark patch and the run on the bottom edge) ... 

49615488976_729b3061c0_b.jpg

Decided to cover the Pearl Blue disaster with Mica Blue - thankfully it's the same shade of blue but with a lot less "sparkle" :( 

The patches were soon gone and the blemishes disguised. Hopefully it works with the other colours when they are revealed tonight!  

49620853601_3b24aa3a44_b.jpg

49620339853_69cd1430f2_b.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks to advice (and shorter links) from @KalEl63 , I shortened the rear end on my CR01 to align better with the wheelbase of the body. Now I need to sort out the lights wiring and interior and it’s ready for some trails

49621482132_e6a6586d29_k.jpg

I then set up a maintenance/trickle/float charger on my 1:1 toy car that gets rarely driven

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Cooltoys said:

Just looked at my super champs rear end. 

20200305_001427.jpg

Is that legal in this day and age:lol:

SInce fitting it with a 13.5t bluebottle, I have been thoroughly enjoying running my DT-02 Desert Gator, so I thought it high time that I sorted out a couple of things that were niggling me about it.

First up was the right window decal, that had been applied skew by whoever did the shell. (I acquired the car 3rd hand.) As you can see in the picture below, the front curve of the window decal sat lower than it should, about 2mm out of alignment with the window frame moulding.

2020-02-28_11-28-10

With a thin plectrum and gentle heat, I removed the decal and applied it in the proper place. Much better!

2020-03-04_01-41-33

While I was sorting out decal niggles, I also removed the off-centre Tamiya decal from the rear wing, as well as the tattered wing endplate decals, replacing them with Modelsport and monochrome Tamiya logos respectively for a cleaner look.

Something else that bothered me about its aesthetics was the use of chrome threaded rods for the steering, but black ones for the upper suspension links. To make matters worse, the black finish on the rods was showing wear, and the plastic adjusters showed signs of having been removed with pliers at some point. A full set of DT-02 turnbuckles rectified both of these issues, and made it easier to tweak my setup.

2020-03-04_01-42-35

I then spent a bit of time enjoying the drive and playing with the setup, dialling in a tiny bit of toe out, setting the drag brake to zero and reducing the max braking force, making the car a lot more predictable and capable of using its extra power. The TBLE-02 doesn't have much in the way of adjustment, but the ability to adjust the braking in brushless mode is rather useful.

• Like 9

I drove my TRX4 up a big pile of rocks and then I drove back down it.

• Like 6

Absolutely SCORED!!! A work mate who knows I'm "into r/c cars" picked this up at a carboot sale on the weekend and brought this in for me - asked for $5 (seriously)

Seems to be an expert built model. A bit of slop in the steering and stock (plastic?) bearings. The TX batteries were still installed and had leaked. The Nimh battery pack was still plugged in so I imagine that's toast. The tyres are falling to pieces but the fact that the wing is in perfect condition seems to indicate that this wasn't really run hard. I guess I'll find out once I open up it up! 

I have never DF02 before. This body reminds me of the Top Force :rolleyes:

Gravel Hound

• Like 11

Yesterday evening i stripped and rebuilt my TT02 Type S onto a new tub. After running it at the track last saturday in practice i snapped one of the stepscrews in the steering arms after hitting the wall which meant the remains were completely stuck in the tub. Write off. I think the issue was my high strength servo and solid servo arm. No give at all. Installed a kimbrough servo saver during the rebuild, but on the advice of a fellow TT02 runner at the track, stuck to the stock tub. Our tracks are medium grip at best, so the flex is good. To be honest the stock tub is visibly stiffer than my TA06. Also installed V2 of my TT02 sway bar kit. 

Tamiya TT02 Type S stabilizer bar by CTE RC

It works, and it definitely is in the right place now so that it works with the later TRF418/9/20 or TA07 arms. However there is now a V3 on the way as its a little high and interferes with the rcracer carbon top deck if you have it.

Tamiya TT02 Type S stabilizer bar by CTE RC

I have also designed some ball bearing steering arms which were barely any more than the lightweight stepscrews, let alone the aluminium steering set, so this will be off the road for a couple of weeks waiting for those. 

• Like 6

I have a white board I'd made up to take any photos on. It was a little boring though. So today I printed some concrete floor and brick walls. While definitely better, I think I will workshop it a bit once I have a bit more inspiration.

garage-1.jpg

• Like 15

took my MF01-X Herbie and TT02-S Camaro to the skate park/tennis courts near me. *note to self: take tool box!!! Anyhow Herbie is currently running on the TT02-S wheels and tires just thought I'd try them out. On the very smooth surface of the skate park it handled really well, go a few admirings glances from a few "Skaterboyz". Then I took it off one too many times and the landing loosened the motor mounting screws, see note to self above:rolleyes:, resulting in no drive!! Hey ho thats why I always take two cars out. This would be the first run of the TT02 with the 10.5t  5.8FDR set up. Well I think I need to learn to drive again. The Skate park was fun but because the body is fixed with magnets I lost it a few times. Frankly its a bit quick for this relatively small space with lots of humps etc, so I moved to the tennis courts. They looked really dry but by the amount of moisture that appeared inside the shell perhaps not. Lordy Lordy is this thing quick now but due to bad driving popped a dog bone when hitting the chainlink fencing. First time was ok but second time it got jammed, see note to self!!!!!! so that was the end of it. Back home all fixed in ten minutes, because I had the tools!!!!!^_^ I think I need to consider cv joints for the front if I'm going to bash it, also need to adjust the brake on the ESC. Not enough at the moment. As much as I like magnets I now think the possibly not the best for bashing around. May go back to posts and pins. Having said all of the above it was great to see some sunshine and get some runtime even if limited by lack of tools!!

• Like 3

That's a good note on posts and pins for bashing @Busdriver. I have had no joy with magnets on my BMW 2002 M04 but have held off putting holes in the shell as you can't get the HPI shell any more (though landlmodels appear to be selling something remarkably similar!). After reading your post, I think it is time to just get on with it...

• Like 1

wwjBlEB.jpg

Black CVA & proper turnbuckles are on my DF01 :) Finally able to use the carbon shock towers too. Feels lovely and I'm enjoying the look. Now I just need a wing.

• Like 3

I received some 1.55 stamped beadlock wheels and tyres for my CC01 from the Far East. These replace the expensive RC4WD items I had on there previously. 

Before:

44848691664_3f3c54f63b_b.jpg

After:

49627289052_c61a6de1ab_b.jpg

The previous ones, whilst nice and squishy, were a bit too wide and a bit too tall (rubbing at full travel and under full steering lock).

These new ones look more scale, seem squishy enough and don't rub. Happy days!

• Like 8

13 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

I have a white board I'd made up to take any photos on. It was a little boring though. So today I printed some concrete floor and brick walls. While definitely better, I think I will workshop it a bit once I have a bit more inspiration.

garage-1.jpg

Brilliant job 👍🏻
A small puddle of water from the dripping AC and your done. 

• Haha 1

Blew my wad on two different Body projects for the Bushy D and Jumper...  

First one is a Barbie Passport Jeep for my daughter, the second is a Lancia body (too cheap to say no)...

I guess I'll be eating raman for lunch this month...

Terry

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours of work and almost there with my Clod Buster Black... Looks very nice but I'm not quite pleased with the quality of some parts in this car. Hope it will hold up for the task. It will be a runner. 

20200307_231814.jpg

• Like 7

Finally, today I got the chance to try out the Manta Ray with the new Optima Mid Custom wheels/tires. Only half an hour, but I had a blast!

The car drives well. Compared to the generic runner wheels I had on before, the handling improved so much I can notice it even in the snow.

Here are some screenshots of the brief but satisfying run. If the temperature drops just a few degrees so that the snows gets crusty again,  BIG airs are planned for tomorrow!

Screenshot-20200307-203427-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200307-141043-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200307-142346-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200307-203414-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200307-142309-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200307-140940-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200307-140913-Video-Player.

• Like 15

it's been too long, so finally added another car to my showroom, the Cariama Audi A4 Quattro, purchased from @Incredible_Serious a couple of years ago. It's pretty much just sat in the box since then. Dusting it off, I did some very minor upgrades: adding windscreen wipers, tail pipe and disc rotors. I wouldn't mind doing the cockpit and roll bars at some stage, but this will do for now.

Carisma-Audi-Quattro-5.jpg

and while browsing on eBay, I came across a new HG P407 at nearly have price ($204 AUD delivered), I know they are controversial,  but I couldn't resist :rolleyes: At that price, I can chop it up a bit and put a FJ40 body I have on it.

• Like 5

So today I decided as my tl01 did not sell I’ve started to strip it down to replace the slightly scuffed chassis with a new one I have. 

• Like 1