Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mucked about rebuilding my Wild One re-re today which I'll be putting back into service. Made some reinforcements to the chassis tub in the area of the front shock towers and roll cage mounts. Shimmed the gearbox up. Still need to snag a Torque Tuned motor for it. Life's too short not to have a Wild One runner in it.

• Like 4

Finished my Clod Buster Black edition. This truck is so beautiful that words don't do it justice... now I'm just sitting and watching it. 

20200308_184524.jpg

• Like 18

I’m doing Gear box in my Tamiya TNX 5.2r

And I would need a little bit help from you guys do you know where I can download not the manual of TNX But there supposed to be another book with pictures of the RC strip down into the smallest part and listed with numbers. Anyone can help me ?

0E648C29-B166-4E68-A3A2-D520977FDEDB.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Damian35 said:

And I would need a little bit help from you guys do you know where I can download not the manual of TNX But there supposed to be another book with pictures of the RC strip down into the smallest part and listed with numbers. Anyone can help me ?

Ordered a new shell for the M-06. The Pumpkin took bit of whack last time out against a wall and I can't be bothered to go through all the process of masking, painting, polishing, glossing and filling at the moment. Will be nice to have a much lighter lexan body (Nissan Silva) on it to see how it really goes however. 

After many weeks and much deliberation on the pros and cons of a XV-01 v Topcat v Egress v Astute debate I decided to order a....

.. Honda Civic Ff-03! 😁

Saw some of the members on here had modded them for rally and thought as I have a TT-02 and a fair few buggies it'll make a nice comparison to the original FF-01 I have. Will be boxart with rally wheels and no mods to simply rag around the garden. 

• Like 6

Rare moment captured yesterday at Shuttleworth...

49636414793_c530cb49a5_b.jpg

Rare photograph of Tamiya DF-02: not broken, not about to require immediate maintenance and not stuck on slightly-too-thick grass :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

The weather was really nice today so I had to give my new baby a run... It was a long time ago since I last run a Clod. I only ran crawlers, trail trucks and tanks in the last few years so the Clod felt like a speed demon... :D I started running while the sun was still up and the battery lasted just until dawn. It was great. I love this truck. Sorry but no motion pictures as I was so excited... :D

20200309_175709.jpg

• Like 12

I gave the Konghead a brief run on Sunday afternoon, and the Lunchbox a run last night.

I snapped the screw in the bumper on the Konghead, so needed to dremel a groove into it, and slowly remove it. This is not the first time that has happened - I run my cars and when blasting around my little track the occasional tree root, or tree, will not give way! The beauty of the design is that (hopefully) the screw is the weak link, because it is a lot easier to replace the screw than the entire front bar. I've already broken the yellow front bar on my Dump-Truck, so it's running my spare (wider) black bar from my WR02 tractor.

That said, if anyone doesn't use the wider front bar from their GF01, WR02 or G601 kits, please PM me and I'll make an offer... I don't want to buy the entire 'F' parts tree just for one bumper!

• Like 2

The snow did not get crusty, quite the contrary, it was melting yesterday and today! At least it was compact enough for the cars to run, though the slushy surface didn't allow for much speed, hence no big jumps. I should have been out and active at the crack of dawn for that, before the sun rose, but that seemed too much commitment for a Sunday morning.

Got some good videos anyway, will try to upload them somewhere to share the fun, for now some screenshots will do. A few more than usual but I hope you'll enjoy anyway

Screenshot-20200309-115555-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200309-115615-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200309-115741-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200309-114751-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200309-115507-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200309-115234-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200309-014736-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200309-014702-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200309-013554-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200309-013902-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200308-154722-Video-Player.

Things got pretty wet as the snow kept melting, so I took out the Boss, who's not afraid of a lil' water.

Screenshot-20200308-154822-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200308-154925-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200308-155021-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200308-155038-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200308-155049-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200308-155126-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200308-155213-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200308-161744-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200308-161829-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200308-161905-Video-Player.

Below, that's how wet it was by the end of the run. I thought I'd stop, after all most of my playground is on top of a frozen lake!

20200308-163232-008-01.jpg 

• Like 17

Gifted a set of front and rear wheels for a FAV to a new guy at work who had Lunchbox wheels on the back and random 2.2" buggy s on the fronts.

One more returneth unto the fold brethren.....  ;)  

• Like 8

I finished up the Outlaw Rampage! Kyosho America originally sent a rollcage that was somehow tweaked out of the box, and wouldn't sit level to the truck. When I contacted them they said to send in an email request, which I did. The day of I received a shipping notice for one item, and when I called to ask about it, they said it was a new cage (sent for free with two day shipping). I asked them what to do with the other one, fearing they would want me to ship it back. Nope. They said to keep it or throw it away. Win! 

The new one was also tweaked, so I managed to combine parts of the two to make a good one. Something must be off with the molds I think. Either way, excellent customer service from Kyosho America. 

I also got bearings for the axles yesterday and installed those. The rollcage has an adjustable rear section to change the weight balance. It's a clever idea, but leaves horizontal bodyposts just sticking out that don't look like part of the cage. A black plastic straw fits right over and completes the look. 

Now I just have to run it when the weather clears up!

49643223606_84ba28e3a9_k.jpg

49643223611_1d33894977_k.jpg

49643500472_8d34f97563_k.jpg

• Like 12

I drove my completley bone-stock from the sliver can to the friction shocks TT-02 Lancia Rally.   Fun to drive cars without all the fancy stuff.

49644987043_81e38a8aec_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 12

11 hours ago, loco_oso said:

I finished up the Outlaw Rampage! Kyosho America originally sent a rollcage that was somehow tweaked out of the box, and wouldn't sit level to the truck. When I contacted them they said to send in an email request, which I did. The day of I received a shipping notice for one item, and when I called to ask about it, they said it was a new cage (sent for free with two day shipping). I asked them what to do with the other one, fearing they would want me to ship it back. Nope. They said to keep it or throw it away. Win! 

The new one was also tweaked, so I managed to combine parts of the two to make a good one. Something must be off with the molds I think. Either way, excellent customer service from Kyosho America. 

I also got bearings for the axles yesterday and installed those. The rollcage has an adjustable rear section to change the weight balance. It's a clever idea, but leaves horizontal bodyposts just sticking out that don't look like part of the cage. A black plastic straw fits right over and completes the look. 

Now I just have to run it when the weather clears up!

Have you retrofitted the Pro cage to a standard rampage chassis and shell?? I have a normal one and wondered about doing this but couldnt really justify the cost of the extra wheels etc (after upgrading to the alloy shocks as the standard plastic ones leaked so badly)

Although i am quite keen on the pro version ally plates and stabilizer bars. The pro version is a proper bargain when you weigh up the cost of the upgrades separately

56 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

I drove my completley bone-stock from the sliver can to the friction shocks TT-02 Lancia Rally.   Fun to drive cars without all the fancy stuff.

49644987043_81e38a8aec_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

That looks fantastic! I have the exact same model sitting new in box waiting for my attention. Glad to hear you enjoyed it bone stock. When I get to mine, I plan on the same thing.....bone stock.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Have you retrofitted the Pro cage to a standard rampage chassis and shell?? I have a normal one and wondered about doing this but couldnt really justify the cost of the extra wheels etc (after upgrading to the alloy shocks as the standard plastic ones leaked so badly)

Although i am quite keen on the pro version ally plates and stabilizer bars. The pro version is a proper bargain when you weigh up the cost of the upgrades separately

I did, yeah. It fits stock, you just have to get part number OLW003, which includes one rear wheel and tire assembly with the cage (in black). I have two tires because Kyosho sent the replacement cage, but honestly one tire is probably sufficient weight over the rear axle. I had to add some preload to get the back end high enough off the ground. My plastic shocks have leaked out of the box too. Kinda disappointing, but don't want to shell out the cash for new ones. 

The pro is really a good deal, I agree. I would've bought that one, but they were out of stock everywhere and I didn't want to wait. 

Here's a few links for the cage: 

https://www.kyoshoamerica.com/OLW003-Roll-Cage-Set-for-Outlaw-Rampage-WBlack-wheel-spare_p_26166.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kyosho-Outlaw-Rampage-Pro-Roll-Cage-Set-OLW003/264567423705?epid=28035311018&hash=item3d997282d9:g:b4QAAOSwlyBd9cfK

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 1:28 PM, lsear2905 said:

I gave the Konghead a brief run on Sunday afternoon, and the Lunchbox a run last night.

I snapped the screw in the bumper on the Konghead, so needed to dremel a groove into it, and slowly remove it. This is not the first time that has happened - I run my cars and when blasting around my little track the occasional tree root, or tree, will not give way! The beauty of the design is that (hopefully) the screw is the weak link, because it is a lot easier to replace the screw than the entire front bar. I've already broken the yellow front bar on my Dump-Truck, so it's running my spare (wider) black bar from my WR02 tractor.

That said, if anyone doesn't use the wider front bar from their GF01, WR02 or G601 kits, please PM me and I'll make an offer... I don't want to buy the entire 'F' parts tree just for one bumper!

I'm pretty sure those screws are made from a cheaper metal, they almost look like pot alloy. I now don't run a bumper on my konghead.

I am pretty sure I have both the black and orange/yellow wide bumpers, let me have a look at get back to you.

• Like 1

Wired up the cheap "Blue bottle" brushless 13.5t and Toro TS50 into the Dual Ridge. Still need to fine tune the settings but blimey does it shift and stop! 

DSC_0027

• Like 4

On 2/29/2020 at 2:25 PM, wolfdogstinkus said:

Made a Tamiya cybertruck.

wb4imuU.jpg

Tamiya cybertruck is born

MxXyBew.jpg

Kids will enjoy attacking this with a packet of Sharpies.

I did make another one of these. I'll get pics soon. 

WARNING:angry: scalpels etc are sharp!!!!IMG_1831.JPG.f1e7461955e30e102a3c6bbb8828add8.JPG

Started masking up the body of my Cayanne, I'd cut the body using the score and snap method with a brand new swann morton 10A blade. Whilst I was playing around with masking tape I cut a piece and it curled up sticking, unbeknown to me to the handle of aforementioned scalpel, when I let go the scalpel dropped straight into my belly. Went through a perfectly good shirt and buried itself in me. There then ensued an episode of Emercency ward 10 (anybody under 55 and not from UK google it).

IMG_1827.JPG.dd8039bc9d4fd7730cbcffe65645186f.JPGIMG_1828.JPG.0fd6086d31b745c8f062f5e3a41c0da2.JPG

Lots of the red stuff and much FFing. Typical nobody at home. Have you ever tried to staunch bleeding with one hand ad sort out dressings etc with the other. Anyhow as you can tell I'm alive and possibly wiser, though I doubt it!!!

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1830.JPG

• Sad 2

Can concur- I've done similar but it landed in my thigh. You have that moment to yourself that seems to last a lifetime of just staring at the situation while it dawns on you what's happened.

Then comes the blood...

:wacko:

On 3/9/2020 at 3:55 AM, Damian35 said:

On 3/9/2020 at 1:57 PM, Re-Bugged said:

Found this on Tamiya USA site if it helps.

https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/tnx5.2r_2.pdf

If not @acprc knows his Tamiya nitro stuff.

There is also a Nitro specific section that may be worth a look.

On 3/10/2020 at 5:59 AM, acprc said:

Hi,

Yes the TNX Maintenance manual is what you need, part number 1054432. Its on the Tamiya website

I thought I’d tagged you, @Damian35, in my first reply, but obviously not. Sorry about that. 
Hopefully it helps now mate.