Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hope your OK now @Busdriver. I have more cuts and scars than I can remember how I got half of them, mostly chisels, Stanley knives, Saws, broken glass and a few bicycle mishaps for good measure. (Not that consider myself accident prone) You have my full sympathy with trying to self dress a wound, getting band aid and alcohol wipe packets open are almost impossible on your own. 

Decided to go ahead and try a 'fade' on my Clod "Blockhead Motors" Buster Build (mouthful?) 

I'm pretty happy with it ^_^

Before: 

49642376026_b9a4af4be6_b.jpg

After: 

49642375956_7f385dbbc8_b.jpg

49641854063_6a1beb656a_b.jpg

Clear coat next then decals! 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, rc_ox said:

Decided to go ahead and try a 'fade' on my Clod "Blockhead Motors" Buster Build (mouthful?) 

I'm pretty happy with it ^_^

Looks fantastic - excellent work!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

Looks fantastic - excellent work!

Thank you! I can't wait to get the decals applied and some photos of the finished truck.

Apart from the paint job - it's a fairly stock build but I may post a build thread. 

49642650972_646b97a473_b.jpg 49642375986_98e308f93d_b.jpg

• Like 11

11 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Can concur- I've done similar but it landed in my thigh. You have that moment to yourself that seems to last a lifetime of just staring at the situation while it dawns on you what's happened.

Then comes the blood...

:wacko:

I can feel a new thread coming on:

"What injury have you caused to yourself doing something silly?"

my submission: I was exercising in the garage with some Argos special dumbbells doing a "skullcrusher" - the irony of the name of the exercise was not lost on me when the clamp gave way and introduced 35kg of metal plates to my face. So I joined a gym, where some months later I was doing a deadlift when I detached my bicep. Nowadays I stick to Sudokos.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Trimmed an Impreza '99 body last night.  It was a little more challenging than usual; the cuts under the front and rear bumpers and even the wheel arches weren't as crisply defined as on other bodies.  It took some extra time with a Dremel sanding drum, a light touch, and some focused lighting to get it just right.  Finished it with my usual 100/220 grit sandpaper.

• Like 2

....drooled over my new (to me) Avante 58072.....

IMG_1363 IMG_1364 IMG_1365 IMG_1366

I'd like to thank all those that made this possible; @Biscuit for doing an awesome resto on it and agreeing to sell it to me :) @Tamiyabigstuff and @thetamiyakid for supplying the delightfully spiky Eagle tyres, @Peter_B for correcting me on my spelling of "tyres" and of course, me, for being awesome enough to be able to finally afford one of these! :P

• Like 19

6 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

"What injury have you caused to yourself doing something silly?"

Definitely needs a thread of its own! 

Introduced my face to a tree whilst downhilling on a mountain bike... Was more annoyed about the busted new helmet than battered and bruised mug.. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Definitely needs a thread of its own! 

Introduced my face to a tree whilst downhilling on a mountain bike... Was more annoyed about the busted new helmet than battered and bruised mug.. 

Hockey ball in face, knocked me out and fractured eye socked.

Hockey ball into chin resulted in six stiches in chin.

Hockey stick in face resulting in 3 months of liquid food.

On the plus side, had to change A-levels and met my first g/f on the new course.

Gave up hockey, started skiing.

Fall at the bottom of a black run resulted in a fractured arm. 

On the plus side, I met the future Mrs BC on the holiday when I fractured my arm!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Busdriver said:

WARNING:angry: scalpels etc are sharp!!!!IMG_1831.JPG.f1e7461955e30e102a3c6bbb8828add8.JPG

Started masking up the body of my Cayanne, I'd cut the body using the score and snap method with a brand new swann morton 10A blade. Whilst I was playing around with masking tape I cut a piece and it curled up sticking, unbeknown to me to the handle of aforementioned scalpel, when I let go the scalpel dropped straight into my belly. Went through a perfectly good shirt and buried itself in me. There then ensued an episode of Emercency ward 10 (anybody under 55 and not from UK google it).

Lots of the red stuff and much FFing. Typical nobody at home. Have you ever tried to staunch bleeding with one hand ad sort out dressings etc with the other. Anyhow as you can tell I'm alive and possibly wiser, though I doubt it!!!

i feel your pain as i did the same when i was a butcher and was on boneing out juties and with a freshly sharpend boneing knife i ended up stabing my self and i tell you i wore a stab vest every time after that.

next time you try stabbing yourself keep a roll of gaffer tape close by:P and you can end up like that actor in hollow man mind i would want putting out when it gets taken off

• Haha 3

Strictly not today, but I couldn't post a picture from Flickr using my mobile on this forum, the two just don't mix!

49636414663_f304898ff3_b.jpg

GF-01 built from bits! Just missing the long body post to allow me to fix the bodyshell. I'm sure I had 4, but one's gone amiss! I've put up a Wanted thread so hopefully someone comes through with a spare.

• Like 4

Thanks to all for your concern. Healing nicely, but have bought a pair of lexan curved scissors for next bits of bodywork:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Cycling accident in 2003 during a race, crashed and lost several teeth. Turned out there was some hidden bone damage and infection that fifteen years later meant i needed a bone graft between my nose and the roof of my mouth and approx two years of operations and about 7k to replace the crowns that had to be taken out again with implants (The nhs would only cover me for dentures)

Its safer and cheaper not to exercise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

GF-01 built from bits! Just missing the long body post to allow me to fix the bodyshell. I'm sure I had 4, but one's gone amiss! I've put up a Wanted thread so hopefully someone comes through with a spare.

Clear chassis? Awesome looking crawler tires? What shell is going to be mounted to this?

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Its safer and cheaper not to exercise.

Buy a dog, or 2 dogs (in fact, any number of dogs between 1 and 20) and walk them every day. Good for your mental and physical health, no gym memberships necessary, and you have one or more 4 legged companions to keep you company while you tinker with Tamiyas!

• Like 3

Have up to seven 🐕 at any one time as we are a home boarding house for them!!!

• Like 2

Realised that the next 10th race meet is this Sunday, and have been having problems with soldering. Managed to solder up a new ESC in my sons car and it works, i just hope no one looks too closely. Race day should be fun, first one this year that I will be able to make it to and have a new 2wd and also new ESC and motor in the 4wd, hope it all works ok.

Also took a punt and ordered an HTRC C240 duo charger from Banggood. The specs aren't great (150w between 2 channels) but 10amp charge rate and 75w per channel is plenty for me. This should make life a lot easier on race days as I now can charge 4 batteries at once for 3 cars. Also easier at home, just having 1 charger to get both cars going. NZD92 delivered (stupid govt making offshore suppliers charge GST (which is VAT for those in winter) added $12 to the cost!)

Posted off a couple of bodies to be painted too. I'm getting a Top Force body to match my race colours, and the B6D needs a decent body. 

• Like 2

Painted a new rally shell for my TT02. Gone fairly simple, and it's a runner so i am not too precious about it, but i have to say by even my standard the decals are awful. Ordered some plain vinyl to hopefully do a better job myself. 

Tonight will be a quick check of everything and battery charge prep for Tamiya Junkies meet tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Second day of Smart Working from home due to Covid-19 emergency, no RC stuff here in Venice :angry:. Wheelers Dealers,Top Gear and Grand Tour after work... a glass of Scotch before sleeping.

1 hour ago, jeekelemental said:

Second day of Smart Working from home due to Covid-19 emergency, no RC stuff here in Venice :angry:. Wheelers Dealers,Top Gear and Grand Tour after work... a glass of Scotch before sleeping.

Best wishes, take care. Been hearing some tough stories from Italian staff of Mrs BC's company.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Best wishes, take care. Been hearing some tough stories from Italian staff of Mrs BC's company.

Thank you! Italians are holding fast, most hitted regions are doing every effort to contain this virus. Hope it becomes only an ugly memory quickly.

• Like 3

I've just realised my drive for authenticity and vintageness (new Friday word) has been exceeded by my knowledge, and has therefore made me look more than a little silly.

You see, dear friends, and @Peter_B,  ;) that I was under the impression (self impressed it turns out) that the "Eagle" tyres I was so proud to find and fit to my lovely lovely vintage Avante were what should have been on it originally; the Eagle bit being some form of obscure branding used solely for the Avante, what with it being super special and amazing and whatnot. But no, comrades, it is not, and no they weren't. 

The "Eagle" tyres were knock offs.

:rolleyes:

So what I should have lovingly attached to my lovingly restored (by @Biscuit ) were spanking new TAMIYA Super Gripper Pin Spikes, as per re-re and a few other TAMIYA vehicles, made by TAMIYA and branded as such.

Every day's a school day.....isn't it @Peter_B ?:rolleyes:;)

I'm off to go and kick myself from behind (after washing my hands thoroughly of course)

• Like 1

The other day I fitted my Desert Gator with turnbuckles to replace the mismatched black and chrome tierods and control rods. In addition to the turnbuckles themselves, the set also came with the black steel ball connectors and screws required to attach turnbuckles to a base spec DT-02 with fixed plastic control arms.

I happened to have just such a DT-02 in my fleet, one which arrived as a Super Fighter GR that is slowly making its way to Sand Viper spec. So I used the leftover screws and ball connectors along with some chrome 3mm part-threaded rods from my stash to replace its fixed plastic control arms with adjustable ones that match the tierods.

2020-03-13_04-18-56

I also took the opportunity to remove the nice-looking but functionally awful Abisma alloy shocks from my TL-01B and replace them with a set of not quite as pretty but functionally far superior Tamiya CVAs.

2020-03-13_04-16-33

• Like 3

Not so much what have I done but more what have I NOT done...

My workplace has requested we not receive any non-business deliveries for the foreseeable.

So I haven’t ordered alternative dampers for my trail truck (they had just come back in stock) or the last few bits for my M05-RA.

I did the washing up, sort of.

hW2bLNI.jpg

xYQTaIW.jpg

Cleaning up a boomerang. I've been idley collecting parts for a while and it's reached critical mAss and I've begun the wrenching. I find it much more fun to have a couple projects on the go at once, within reason that is. 

• Like 3