Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, BP2411 said:

Comical hornet is £100 @ time tunnel. 

Yes, I saw that but it's without the ESC included.

13 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Yes, I saw that but it's without the ESC included.

I'd take this as a sign Peter - the last thing you need are some more cars to build - sorry, I mean store :P

5 hours ago, moffman said:

Did a bit more on my dark impact (last night actually) still having trouble with the thick wires and the lack of space!

20200328_152931.jpg

I know what you mean about lack of space. Hard to make it look pretty in there

This week, help a mate build a shed:

2020_04_04_shed_mad_bull-2.jpg

and painted and stickered by Mad Bull finally. I used left over Hornet stickers. Not the best paint job (its pretty rough close up) and I'll probably add a bit more to the rear wing, but it'll get bashed around when its driven so I am not too concerned. I'll have to find a driver for it too at some point, but for now I'll consider this done.

2020_04_04_shed_mad_bull-1.jpg

• Like 7

Designed and printed some LED bezels for the King Yellow body...  Going to print some light pipes/LED holders tomorrow.

spacer.png

• Like 6

Finished a couple of LEGO / Tamiya replicas ! 

Ford F150 Truck and a Holiday Buggy micro.

040420 (4).jpg

040420 (2).jpg

• Like 14

So far this morning I've used my recently arrived VRC adapter to test 2 also recently arrived HPI receivers.

Both adapter and receivers work fine and VRC is alot better with a transmitter than keyboard or gamepad.

Still couldn't manage a clean lap in the few minutes I was testing though :lol:

• Like 1

I may have gone and bought a Frog. Let me just check. Yes, yes I did buy a Frog.

Well 35 years ago I really wanted one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The apocalypse home quarantine build queue. The top is a M07R, the Frog can't be touched until my birthday.

IMG_1032.jpg

• Like 6

Some body shell progress as well today.

Trimmed the Hornet body and wing.

Also trimmed a Super Hotshot body for my lads car. This time I managed to cut the slots without mangling it.

I wish I was better at trimming body shells, scissors or score and snap, I just never get a very good finish.

I also did a little test, on a scrap of lexan, of molotow liquid chrome with PS-5 black, to check for any reactions.

4 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

I may have gone and bought a Frog. Let me just check. Yes, yes I did buy a Frog.

Well 35 years ago I really wanted one!

Quick counter balance it by buying another one.

• Haha 1

Finished my dark impact couldn't get the brushless system to fit in it without butchering the body and I'm not prepared to go down that road so it's got the TBLE-02s brushed/brushless and GT tuned motor in it! I'll save the brushless system for the super astute build! I put the limited edition blue gear cover and blue wheel nuts on just to add a bit of bling its looking pretty cool the picture don't really do it justice!

20200329_222045.jpg

• Like 20

4 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

The apocalypse home quarantine build queue. The top is a M07R, the Frog can't be touched until my birthday.

IMG_1032.jpg

Now that's just being greedy! 🙂

Applied all 70 stickers to my CC01 Mercedes body. You'll not be able to do this one at all without the use of a hairdryer / heat source, the contours some of the decals have to sit on are mental.

Then there's the really small ones.

49732771846_dbce445394_b.jpg

Reeeee-diculous!! :lol:

• Like 6

After a lockdown inspired garage and garden tidy I grabbed the opportunity to...play with RC!

My WW2 had a severed motor wire from a clash with a Dual Hunter so I swapped it with a motor from said 'Hunter (exchanging pinions) which is in bits after a beach run.

The now rusty silver can fired up no problem.

El Kid was taking an interest now so I thought I would finally try out the Carson mini tx/rx combo I got for him... but the steering servo plug wouldn't fit the rx. So we got going with the big Carson set he had been using. 

He got the WW2 jumping well over a box lid ramp.

While he and Mrs BC had a back garden badminton break (what else?!) I investigated the Carson rx further - snipped off the guide tab from the servo plug et voila...fits! 

El Kid is now well happy with the controller that better fits his paw. Steering and throttle adjustment is nowhere near as good as the larger Carson - just a full / half option. I should really read the manual....

No pics, I'm afraid - was having too much fun!

• Like 4

Added new shocks to a new ladder chassis I've built for my new 6x6 truck

SAM_2015.jpg

SAM_2016.jpg

SAM_2018.jpg

• Like 8

Finished a Mercedes AMG GT3 body I have been working on. Not totally happy with the paint job, but it’s ok - backed the iridescent purple/green with silver, with a silver stripe down the middle of the body in the hope that the body color would offset the stripe, but the iridescent effect is fairly minor. Kept the stickers to a minimum this time.....

Also started work on an M-07R Kit - completed parts bag A

609EFFDB-02E7-43F3-BBEB-C5463A6C7D20.jpeg

• Like 4

This afternoon also held some RC related goodness.

As the weather was good, and the garden mown, I charged up some packs for my boys to run their King Yellow and Lunchbox.

First issue was the LB wheels spinning in the tyres. Fixed that with some rubber bands in the wheel beads.

Next problem was with the battery in the King Yellow dying in less than 10 minutes - not good for a 5000mah pack that usually lasts the best part of an hour.

Putting that pack on the charger and the charger said it was done in about 2 minutes. So I think that pack is toast.

Got the King Yellow running with the pack I was going to run in my WW2.

Will have to look for some new NiMH packs now.

• Like 3

Did a trial fit on the rapid prototyped 4 gear transmission for my FF03. 

20200404_155150

Definitely took it too far in some places (diff height and layshaft position), and not far enough in others (clearance the linking bulkhead), but definitely promising. The s is why you prototype, right? Looks tiny a really low compared to the kit transmission. Excited for the final design. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, moffman said:

Finished my dark impact couldn't get the brushless system to fit in it without butchering the body and I'm not prepared to go down that road so it's got the TBLE-02s brushed/brushless and GT tuned motor in it! I'll save the brushless system for the super astute build! I put the limited edition blue gear cover and blue wheel nuts on just to add a bit of bling its looking pretty cool the picture don't really do it justice!

20200329_222045.jpg

@moffman, I have a set of 49435 DF03 Damper Cylinder (Blue) if you're interested.  They're the same clear blue as your spur cover.  Yours for the taking, just cover postage.

• Like 3

Chased my kid around the backyard with my Blackfoot (it didn't break for once). Yesterday I finally painted my Ultima body and today I stickered it up, assembled the rollcage and finished the buggy up. Looks great. Again, if anyone's on the fence about a Kyosho rerelease, go for it. They are fabulous.

• Like 3