Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just bought a re re Frog to go along with my vintage frog once it's done ... local hobby shop had it great price ..can't wait to open that box ... šŸ˜

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Finny99 said:

Just bought a re re Frog to go along with my vintage frog once it's done ... local hobby shop had it great price ..can't wait to open that box ... šŸ˜

Sounds like a score as there are not many places that stock anything. Ā Whatā€™s a good price in TO for a rere Frog?

2 hours ago, Superluminal said:

They look nice - what ones are they?

Cheap Chinese ones off Ebay, Don't think they have a particular make.

Ā 

The tug of war between seasons goes on. As theĀ ice gives way to grass theĀ Boss is painstakingly patrollingĀ the surroundings checking for floods, overflowing streams and road cracks (or should I say holes). It's quite an adventurous taskĀ :lol:

20200402-185831.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Treacherous trails...20200403-180349.jpg

20200403-181650.jpg

Ā 

Well, looks like no more running on the lake.20200403-181858.jpgDon't wanna fall in there...20200403-182354.jpg

Ā 

Whoops... Can't cross here anymore!20200403-183147.jpg

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, H22A4 said:

Sounds like a score as there are not many places that stock anything. Ā Whatā€™s a good price in TO for a rere Frog?

Ā 

32 minutes ago, H22A4 said:

I was just at theĀ store a while back and it was cheapest around .. $159.99 .. didn't grab it .. should of ...then emailedĀ Ā to ask if they could put online fir sale .. last one he had ...

Ā 

I agree, thatā€™s aĀ good deal considering it was in stock.Ā :D

• Thanks 1

Printed out the LED holders/light pipes for the King Yellow body.Ā  Things are starting to come together.Ā  Almost at the moment of truth where I have to drill some holes in the body.Ā  Once everything is physically mounted, tidying up the wiring should go more quickly.

spacer.png

• Like 7

12 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

@moffman, I have a set of 49435 DF03 Damper Cylinder (Blue) if you're interested.Ā  They're the same clear blue as your spur cover.Ā  Yours for the taking, just cover postage.

Thanks for the very kind offer I also have a set which I bought a while ago actually for a top force I was going to do but I changed my mind about the colour! I did have plans to put themĀ on this but I'm just not to sure? Have you used the clear colour ones before? If so do they look good? The problem I have in my head with them is do they make the buggies look to tyco (ish) toy like ????:unsure:Ā but again thanks very much for the offer mate it's very well appreciated indeed:)

I seem to be working through isolation jobs before it gets here so I downloaded a GIF maker for some emergency entertainment....

4577CA9D-7E68-4256-9A8C-143F0CF771A2.gif

• Like 13

Finished my Top Force;

Tamiya carbon chassis, hi caps, superstock TZ motor with plastic speed tuned gears and stainless steel socket screws throughout. The rear universas took some tweaking.

It looks a complete beast! In terms of ground clearance and suspension travel etc its massive compared to the avante and egress i built previously.

Ā 

Resized_20200405_130209_2067.jpeg

Resized_20200405_130315_1465.jpeg

• Like 8

with this nice weather, I painted 2 bodies,Ā  the pink candy is for my Losi rock rey, and the purple candy is the porsche body for my tamiya Ta-03rs.

I loveĀ how they turn out, the purple is real nice its like a dark bleu with a purple glow over it, it is difficult to see in a picture.

I used absimaĀ paintz rattle cans for it,Ā  purple ice, and magenta ice and back it up with silver metallic.

Ā 

49738767702_59b167d6ce_c.jpg

Ā 

49738439896_f9d470bbc5_c.jpg

Ā 

49738767597_79db16b738_c.jpg

• Like 8

Never used the upload feature on here but Flickr won't support animated Gifs, so hopefully this here forum will work.

This is what you get when you build a GF01 with no wheelie bar and add great big crawler beadlock wheels and a Tamiya TZ motorĀ :lol:

Backflips without touching the ground!

20200405_144603_1_2.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Thats so goodĀ :lol:

I like the pause just after the flip - its like its not quite sure what just happened.

• Haha 2

On 3/15/2020 at 11:19 AM, rjg1973 said:

Today I built an F101 chassis....

9E1825CE-91BD-4F8B-B459-6C57EA3FC17F.thumb.jpeg.f24bfb3d23773bd880d601841d34015c.jpeg

73ADE465-1A8C-48AA-AAA0-D36E19704778.thumb.jpeg.30351a10c2f55ef82c5745b9810a4502.jpeg

Would love to see more pics of this build,Ā my favourite F1 car of all time!Ā 

Ā 

Did a bit more work on the M-07R. Front axle and front uprights. Am impressed with the quality of the parts compared to some of the previous builds IĀ have done

0C9A66F6-2967-476C-B889-5BF8B45ABB3B.thumb.jpeg.fe39e87c31d0f4cc676426d4a0328803.jpeg

Today I've discovered the answer to the question "between a lunchbox and king yellow, which would come off worst in a collision?"

The answer is.... The Lunchbox.

The damage - smashed windows and a caved in roof.

• Sad 2

Bonus Tamiya time today!! El Kid asked if we could build some more monster truck!

So, steering on this morning andĀ the old friction dampers and bumpers in place this afternoon. Then he got the WW2 back out for a run round the garden until the pack ran out.

Ā FAB2F3E4-A06E-477B-8947-C9CBE26E55B3.jpg

It also gave me the opportunity to organise my spares a bit (consolidating in to one place) and find the servosĀ to go in this and his Dual Hunter.

The manual is for a Double Blaze. Canā€™t remember how I ended up with it but great to see the instructions for 4WS!

• Like 2

Took the Optima out for a run today to get a baseline feel before taking my Bigwig out for the first time (for comparisons sake). I'm not expecting miracles but it should be an interesting counterpoint. I'm reminded how almost criminally good the Optima is. If had $300 to blow and wanted a 4wd buggy for running enjoyment, I'd be hard pressed to recommend any Tamiya in that price range over it.

• Like 1