Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, BP2411 said:

Got this shell out then remembered how much the fact it came in 3 pieces infuriated me, placed it on top of my FF02 and then gave up ๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_20200406_214105.jpg

I'd love to see that on a clod chassis. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

I'd love to see it properly assembled and mounted on any chassis ๐Ÿ˜‚

50 minutes ago, BP2411 said:

Got this shell out then remembered how much the fact it came in 3 pieces infuriated me, placed it on top of my FF02 and then gave up ๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_20200406_214105.jpg

That might look good on a group c chassisย 

Went a bit mad, put TL-01B arms on the FF02, mad bull shocks & mad bull rear wheels, maybe I should just go to sleep ๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_20200406_225321.jpg

IMG_20200406_231724.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I kind of like how it looks with mad bull wheels on the back and just placed on the front, one day, maybe I'll look into wheels & tyres for this more, don't think the FF02 is the best chassis choice tbh ๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_20200406_231802.jpg

IMG_20200406_231745.jpg

9 minutes ago, BP2411 said:

Went a bit mad, put TL-01B arms on the FF02, mad bull shocks & mad bull rear wheels, maybe I should just go to sleep ๐Ÿ˜‚

IMG_20200406_225321.jpg

IMG_20200406_231724.jpg

I like that look. Pretty sweet!

last few days

gave the Rising ย Storm a bit of a clean. Just need to get some new tires for it.

2020_04_07_grasshopper-4.jpg

I have a few cars that have no driver figures, so had a crack at making some moulds and recasting. The first 2 efforts weren't that great, but I am starting to get the hang of it. Today I'll try and re-cast some small lego bits for my son.

2020_04_07_grasshopper-5.jpg

2020_04_07_grasshopper-1.jpg

2020_04_07_grasshopper-8.jpg

ย 

and I started working on repairing a very dodgy grasshopper body. Its missing one rear corner and is badly cracked. So I cut some Styrene sheet, roughly to shape

2020_04_07_grasshopper-6.jpg

ย 

glued them in place. This took several attempts as I couldn't get anything to stick. I should have really done what I did next, first.

2020_04_07_grasshopper-2.jpg

ย 

I think part of the reason was the car was so grubby, so I ended up stripping it right back.ย Oddly enough it was only until now that I noticed the big curve out from the rear wing, but I think I'll keep that like it.

2020_04_07_grasshopper-3.jpg

ย 

currently printing some sanding stick clamps and then I can get on with tidying up the body properly.

• Like 10

Finished my Comical Frog. Kids had a blast driving it and are now demanding I finish the Wild Willys I got them years ago.ย :D

IMG_20200404_165116.jpg

IMG_20200404_165144.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

I have a few cars that have no driver figures, so had a crack at making some moulds and recasting. The first 2 efforts weren't that great, but I am starting to get the hang of it. Today I'll try and re-cast some small lego bits for my son.

2020_04_07_grasshopper-1.jpg

I love your work!!! I'd wish more TCers were making things that way.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Thank you, I'm sure they will be fine. I won't fin out for a while - delivery due at the end of the month!!

that's what I thought - mine weren't due to arrive until the end of theย month either, but they seem to be getting through them really quick at the mo. :)ย 

• Like 1

Front wheels are actually attached this time rather than just placed to see what it looks like, won't be running anytime soon though need some threaded bar and some different body posts.ย 

IMG_20200407_105107.jpg

• Like 3

Strictly, this was last night.ย 

I finally added the tyre decals to my 306 Maxi FF02:

49745073513_1f41c1dfb6_b.jpg

I also had some custom stickers made up for the rear as I never liked the ones which came in the kit, they looked too 'cartoon' like compared to the real car.

49745072363_5f39d72bdf_b.jpg

Looks much better I thinkย B)

• Like 16

As Iโ€™m going for a whiteย and black theme on my tl01 ย I thought I would paint the inlays on my steering arms. Another coat or 2 and should be finishedย 

071A5C23-2EE7-4028-AB03-0FA1511F460F.jpeg

• Like 2

Managed to get a few minutes to myself to break out the airbrush and give the blower for my Clod build a quick spraying with alclad polished aluminium paint, I mentioned earlier that I think the stock chrome finish tamiya used looks really naff and unrealistic so I'm much happier with the repainted part. It's nowhere near as shiny as it was but it's got a nice metallic sheen to it and it looks more like it's actually made from metal instead.ย 20200407_194552_copy_775x612.jpg.c350e56e77609defb5a35b6d6b925f7b.jpg

ย 

• Like 5

What do you do when there's a global pandemic ? Why build Tamiya stuff ..

came home to thisย 

ย got this to go alongsideย my vintage Frog ...

Ah the memories will be flooding back ..

C25B2755-84CD-4867-80B4-13ECE096F514.jpeg

006DE25C-B2C3-44E2-BD9C-6DEFB976DA01.jpeg

• Like 9

Now ready for the paint tomorrow! Started this on Sunday night quite an easy build! nothing that needed a second look other than I went for a different spring rate and one hole piston in the shocks (tamiya recommend two hole piston) problem was it is way to soft on the front IMO? these springsย I've put on plus one hole give an even spread! I'm not going to go box art white but I will use the decals!

20200407_221447.jpg

• Like 13

Work has been a sheer lunacy of utter disregard for the situation at hand so I needed to get some running in to take my mind off it. Got the Top Force out. It was a good run but I couldn't shake the feeling the Optima I had out earlier was a better drive. The rear motor Optimaย seemed more intuitive and went where you put it. The Top Force seemed more on edge and less composed. It took more effort to go fast around my makeshift loop in the back yard. Maybe it was just down to setup.

1 hour ago, RoosterRC said:

You going box art on that moffman? Or, are you going with your own creative presentation?

I'm going with my own! not to different but definitely not box art I have a colour in my box of many colours but I need to darken it a bit! The last time I tried to darken a colour it was a brilliant success the problem was it was no were near the colour I had in my head! So I kept what was left off the hotshot and put it on the optimaย 

20180512_172159.jpg

20190713_222544.jpg

• Like 6

With the Coronapocalypse having been very productive so far in terms of RC, I am running out of things to do with the materials I have to hand, so the only thingsย I did today was making up a pair of adjustable steering tierods for my DT-01 Rookie Rabbit to cure its comical toe-in, and fitting my M-03 with its shelf display bodyset and wheels. Hopefully the wheels, tyres and paint will arrive for my TA-02 Impreza over the next day or two!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, moffman said:

I'm going with my own! not to different but definitely not box art I have a colour in my box of many colours but I need to darken it a bit! The last time I tried to darken a colour it was a brilliant success the problem was it was no were near the colour I had in my head! So I kept what was left off the hotshot and put it on the optimaย 

20180512_172159.jpg

20190713_222544.jpg

Oohhh.....I like that color! Looks great! Thatโ€™s a sharp Optima.
I Look forward to seeing the completed paint job ย tomorrow (if you get to it).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moffman said:

Now ready for the paint tomorrow! Started this on Sunday night quite an easy build! nothing that needed a second look other than I went for a different spring rate and one hole piston in the shocks (tamiya recommend two hole piston) problem was it is way to soft on the front IMO? these springsย I've put on plus one hole give an even spread! I'm not going to go box art white but I will use the decals!

20200407_221447.jpg

I'm envy!ย 

ย ย 

3 hours ago, moffman said:

20180512_172159.jpg

20190713_222544.jpg

Beautiful builds. The rivals in the 80s. But of course, Kyosho went a long way ahead in the serious competition and left Tamiya kits as a toy/hobby grade than a professional racers until the early/mid 90s.ย 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moffman said:

20180512_172159.jpg

20190713_222544.jpg

Probably the nicest looking Hotshot I've seen - can't go wrong with candy red and gold ;)ย 

• Like 1