Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Back in the day when the original Hot Shot came out (I had one) I’m almost certain there was a maroon one floating about in books.  Don’t know whether it was a special (?) or I just remember seeing it in a book and someone had just used a different colour but it’s vaguely stuck with me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jameswrx said:

Back in the day when the original Hot Shot came out (I had one) I’m almost certain there was a maroon one floating about in books.  Don’t know whether it was a special (?) or I just remember seeing it in a book and someone had just used a different colour but it’s vaguely stuck with me.

Must admit tamiya did do a lot of different colour variations on promotional adverts I'm remembering the dark green sand scorcher and I remember a dark brown SRB Ford ranger on an advertisement so it wouldn't surprise me if you seen different colours! back when the original monster beetle was released the now long gone Beattie's model shop did a special edition yellow monster beetle (probably just a load of the original white bodies sprayed in house by Beattie's) 

• Like 1

2 years ago built a DT-03, sold it and moved on to other builds.

Always regretted selling the DT-03, such a fun and easy car to drive, so I started collecting parts again for a new DT-03 build.

And at the same time looking into a 2nd build, but not sure yet on what to do.

The Hot Shot looks great, also love the Avante but it's price not so much.

And last one I like is the Plasma Edge II on the TT-02B chassis.

Or maybe something different like a clod buster :blink:

Put the electrics needed to run my Clod in and took it out for a quick blast up the road. The thing is seriously awesome, stands on its rear wheels with a quick jab of the throttle and has an amazingly loud rumble from the tyres as it drives along the pavement. I just need to wait for the light controller to arrive so I can get the head and tail lights working and add a few wee finishing touches and it'll be done. 

20200408_135920_copy_1246x973.jpg

• Like 9

Finished my rere Scorpion. I bought this in 2014 and finally made it

E5F3AFB6-1F3C-4A5E-A2B7-862CBB3294C5.jpeg.4238a396e5cf5e86a34fc6cb91506b99.jpeg

07A024CA-4F03-45AA-A5E8-501620AD267F.jpeg.7893ea6a13a678caf3640cc08ad69827.jpeg

• Like 16

thanks :) I used an old can of PS-46 Iridescent purple/green. But when I sprayed it it was blotchy! Too late - couldn't do anything about it. So I then switched to translucent green, a few coats of that, then silver (a ford one from halfords!), then backed with black. It was basically an emergency job once the iridescent one came out blotchy.

Looks alright though I quite like it.

11 hours ago, Yonzariq said:

2 years ago built a DT-03, sold it and moved on to other builds.

Always regretted selling the DT-03, such a fun and easy car to drive, so I started collecting parts again for a new DT-03 build.

And at the same time looking into a 2nd build, but not sure yet on what to do.

The Hot Shot looks great, also love the Avante but it's price not so much.

And last one I like is the Plasma Edge II on the TT-02B chassis.

Or maybe something different like a clod buster :blink:

Not that you asked the question, but you'll have worked out by now that no one on TC can resist giving unsolicited advice!

The DT03 will run rings around the Hot Shot performance wise, so if you want 2 evenly matched cars then go the TT02B.  If you want a completely different and more involved build for the shelf and light running then the Hot Shot. 

I agree, the Avante is so expensive, I don't think I'll ever own one (also I told my wife no more cars 2 cars ago so had to say I meant it after a drunk Super Astute purchase).

• Like 3

Finally on order a FF03 gear diff, bought the housing a couple of months ago. 

also this was with a 20€ coupon.. so cheap as possible. :rolleyes:

7E3C98EF-8CB6-4797-8470-159829C1703B.jpeg

22 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

When it is finished it could go in your showroom @TurnipJF, I find that to be a fun mini project in itself.

Good idea that - I really should look into getting a subscription. 

5 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Good idea that - I really should look into getting a subscription. 

I thought you were a subscriber? Your profile says you are??

i would offer you my free one if you weren’t 🎁

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

I'll have to check. I didn't think I was, but who knows? My memory isn't what it used to be...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

I'll have to check. I didn't think I was, but who knows? My memory isn't what it used to be...

Or you got lucky?

Screenshot_20200409-085028.png

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Wow! I am indeed a subscriber!

Turns out I was gifted a subscription by @Badcrumble as part of the Coronapocalypse Boredom Prevention Scheme, but the notification went to the old email address I used back when I joined the forum, so I was none the wiser until now.

Thanks for bringing this to my notice, and of course thanks to Badcrumble for the subscription! This is going to be fun!

• Like 2

Really looking forward to seeing your completed showroom @TurnipJF! Thanks to @netsmithUK for making the subscriptions available. 

Fantastic to see so much activity on here recently - wish the circumstances in the outside world were better.

• Like 1

Finished off my super astute you probably can't see in the photo but the rear wing side fins are black looks pretty cool!, I've ordered a few TRF & limited edition parts for it so hopefully the postie will turn up with them! He was telling me ( obviously from the required distance) that the service is suffering because of posties getting symptoms like a lot of services at the moment! as long as these guys do what's safe for them my stuff can wait (grand scale of things my stuff ain't important)

20200408_194830.jpg

• Like 11

Never noticed those front tyres on the Super Astute before, will they fit the front dish wheels of a DT02/3? They look like exactly the same wheel...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Never noticed those front tyres on the Super Astute before, will they fit the front dish wheels of a DT02/3? They look like exactly the same wheel...

Yep.:D

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Yep they will indeed!

Finished the racing fighter today so thought it would be rude not to share a snap, a few extras on this including a ball diff, which I've no experience with, I guess it needs monitored and routinely tightened up? Any tips would be welcome. Hopefully help keep the 5 year old entertained.

20200409_150609.jpg

• Like 7

Dug out some parts of an old project I need to finish.

These need a sand and paint. Think I have some alloy wheel silver in stock so that might be the best solution 

bxD3kTc.jpg

4 hours ago, moffman said:

Finished off my super astute you probably can't see in the photo but the rear wing side fins are black looks pretty cool!, I've ordered a few TRF & limited edition parts for it so hopefully the postie will turn up with them! He was telling me ( obviously from the required distance) that the service is suffering because of posties getting symptoms like a lot of services at the moment! as long as these guys do what's safe for them my stuff can wait (grand scale of things my stuff ain't important)

20200408_194830.jpg

Looks great 👍🏽 Which parts have you ordered? I’m up to rolling chassis stage with a few nice hop ups