Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Decided to sell my TT02 Type S. Prepped it for sale and put it on ebay. Just haven't clicked with it unfortunately, and now my FF03 is back regularly running it just overlaps with too many of my other cars. Was a fun project. I am selling the carbon top deck and my sway bar kit on the sales forum if anyone's interested. 

• Like 1

Today i finished a few small jobs and narrowed the front tyres on my stadium thunder project.

Just steering turnbuckles esc and receiver to sort now, and the ambitious planned paint job.

20200409-165955.jpg

• Like 9

Suprisingly my FF03 gear diff arrived in the mail today.

it was a very sunny day, so a small beer and a little bit of sunshine to easy my thoughts while replacing the the glued ball diff with new gear diff.

havent been doing nothing in termsmof RC for over 4 months... I need to admit, very relaxing.

5D6YlAx.jpg
liaOEj2.jpg

GgVjl7G.jpg

• Like 5

Build a little more on the tamiya ta-03rs porsche, almost finish the chassis.

Glued The wheels and tires for my rock rey kit and mounted the wheels,  the car is now ready for a test drive,.

I am going to drive it one pack without the body in  some tall grass because I want to know what kind of temps the motor gets, if they are ok them I install the body, you can't get to the motor with the body on it.

49754085237_17725184cc_c.jpg

49753747386_328a46f5fc_c.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, gregdogghurst said:

Looks great 👍🏽 Which parts have you ordered? I’m up to rolling chassis stage with a few nice hop ups

Rear uprights, df03 dampers, turn buckles and white springs, but so far the only thing to turn up is these decals but I'm in no hurry!

20200409_152208.jpg

• Like 5

I have had to condense and disassemble lots of the cars in my work area to make it all a bit neater, happy wife happy life! I am hopeful I can stick to two cars out on display - helps me keep runners on hand if nothing else. The Mock Force now has full ball differentials, only other drivetrain upgrade I can think that I would want would be a torque splitter but they're hard to track down and expensive! Wheels for that and paint for my blitzer should be coming shortly, got the modelsport dispatch notice today :)

z8Tlle3.jpg?1

• Like 3

8 hours ago, graemevw said:

Today i finished a few small jobs and narrowed the front tyres on my stadium thunder project.

Just steering turnbuckles esc and receiver to sort now, and the ambitious planned paint job.

20200409-165955.jpg

Which tires are those ? Rear look stock but the front are definitely different 

Painted this:

2020-04-09_08-12-59 2020-04-09_08-13-41 2020-04-09_08-14-17

It is a Kamtec Vauxhall Nova shell, painted in homage to the fullsize Vauxhall Nova that I drove back when I first met my wife. We both have very fond memories of the car.

It was a challenging body to fit, as it is sized for a 205mm chassis and little foam carpet tyres, but I am running it on a 210mm chassis with 60Ds. To further complicate matters, the old-school handmade Kamtec shell isn't exactly symmetrical. Plus the chassis has 4WS, so the arches needed to accommodate rear steering too.

I am tempted to get another and do a better job of trimming it now that I know where the quirks are, but this will be fine for a runner, which is its purpose - to give me something to practice driving my teapot racer with when I don't feel like explaining why my car looks like a teapot...

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Painted this:

2020-04-09_08-12-59 2020-04-09_08-13-41 2020-04-09_08-14-17

That looks awesome Turnip! What kind of masking tape you use ? 

13 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

@rwordenjr no, just a box sand viper. 

Oh, still very nice. I have stock sv as well. Looking to put a brushless in it soon to get a bit faster 

7 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

That looks awesome Turnip! What kind of masking tape you use ? 

Thanks!

For edges and details I use Tamiya's own branded tape, for larger areas that don't need precision I use whatever is going cheap.

6 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Thanks!

For edges and details I use Tamiya's own branded tape, for larger areas that don't need precision I use whatever is going cheap.

Cool, I’ll be using the tamiya tape for the first time on my upcoming nova 🦊 . The blue painters tape I’ve been using isn’t too good 

5 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

to give me something to practice driving my teapot racer with when I don't feel like explaining why my car looks like a teapot...

Must say that was a sentance I never really expected to read anywhere in my life :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Which tires are those ? Rear look stock but the front are definitely different 

Schumacher vee 2 rears and schumacher stagger rib fronts.

Busy Tamiya day today utilising a day off work. 
   Broke in a Torque Tuned while stickering up a runner Buggy Champ body. Swapped the Silvercan in the SRB for the Torque Tuned. Charged a battery and took the newly decorated Buggy Champ for a spin on the school grounds next door along with the Stadium Blitzer as they use the same battery. The SRB on 2s Lipo, generic 1060 Lipo ESC, is perfect for me, fun to drive without destroying it 😁

EEBC2311-5211-49B4-B2D1-75994C2CF4F2.jpg

97E122CE-F019-411D-96EC-83A118415D59.jpg[/url]

92C2F94F-DC17-45A3-9050-A1D5A12631FF.jpg

and after a run......

http://34B2CA80-80ED-4113-BCF2-7BF805B9F661.jpg

A0A206B3-E247-4F62-9873-4513918E2282.jpg

65CB0A77-C62C-4046-8B1B-D16DB219D632.jpg

• Like 10

More painting on my pre-loved Blackfoot shell SOuXZ74.jpg

need to leave it all to harden now before I do anything else.

The front grill is totally mashed up so this is never going to be a beauty queen.

rQUJBvW.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

That’s my favourite shot 

Video nearly ready as to how it got so filthy, it'll be in the YouTubed thread soon!!!!!;)