Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, CoolHands said:

Looks good. So what motor & esc is in it? Have you got a pic with the body off?

There is a hobbywing max10 sct esc in it with a castle 1415 2400kv  motor.

49753747386_328a46f5fc_c.jpg

• Like 1

Sprayed the body of my porsche 934 and modified the touring car cockpit set with a roll cage and painted the driver to try and replicate the old 1/12 scale kit. For some reason the same image is used on newer versions minus the driver.

So far everything on this build has gone better than i hoped which means on past experience i am due a monumental **** up somewhere.

Resized_20200412_181929_8795.jpeg

Resized_20200412_182034_8207.jpeg

Resized_20200412_182109_7798.jpeg

• Like 12

Changed the oil on the LB front shocks and did a bit more detailing.

Aiming to put it back together tomorrow 👍

3 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Looks awesome! Your sticker work is a lot better than mine lol. Are you going to run it? One thing I had to do with my ST is cut quite a bit off the inside front fenders because the tires would rub or even go inside the body when making turns (especially when the shocks are compressed). 

Thanks I'm no expert, close my eyes and hope for best with the stickers.   I will run it , maybe take a day or two to admire it so clean! Your right about the front tyre rub, I  noticed that and might have to trim the fenders.   

• Like 1

After almost 4 years, I can finally say its finished... I'm still getting used to the blue/orange scheme per my sons request... decals are are also finished and well as Mr. Willy inside. Unfortunately he wont be able to go out for a bash since one of the turn knuckle broke... need to order that to... 

Time to pull the trigger on the Manta Ray... 

20200412_122355.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Crashboxdummy said:

Nice set up 👍

agreed, very enviable workspace.

Got a 1986 Blackfoot Ford Ranger body fixed.

See the front attaching point broken? The hood part down is the donor.

So it went from this:

saCz3ZM.jpg

To this:

PzQT2Yb.jpg

Build thread here: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91225-rc-project-for-2019-non-boxart-orig-blackfoot/#comment-789204

You all have a good week! :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

FInished the M07 Mini. Overall I'm happy with the body although I messed up the silver paint a bit; it was from a paint pen and it reacted a bit with the Tamiya PS sprays. Nevermind, this is meant to be a bit of a basher (as much as you can bash an M07) anyway.

Video of the first run: M07 Mini first run

IMG_1041.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Back at it after a break. Swapped the 540 Mabuchi in my CW01 pink ‘mog for torque tuned (that was off the heavy dump which got a new style sport tuned).

49768506677_e87c49c950_b.jpg

Spare 540 silver can added to parts inventory, the next job was to strip down the ‘Golden Wonder’ twin detonator. This bad boy came as pictured below & I spent a happy evening dismantling & cleaning it.

49768218101_b8ce08e443_b.jpg

Got the gearboxes back together including 540 motors & bearings. the factory assembled units still had bushings & the gear action benefitted from new lubricant.

49768495492_e64dd45912_b.jpg

The (knackered) aftermarket dampers were replaced with Tamiya friction shocks. All the parts I needed for this came from the stockpile. Worked out well with GF01 spares a plenty due to hop ups & G6-01 with modifications in the queue.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Taking this for a spin later 😂

fNfelIl.jpg

Don't forget your helmet 😉

1 hour ago, svenb said:

Don't forget your helmet 😉

gXAGhwT.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 21

3 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

gXAGhwT.jpg

No offence mate but I don't think that elastic band is going to be up to it?

• Haha 3

Ordered a few nice hop ups for my FF03. Keeping my spending modest recently as my wife isn't currently working and as a small business owner it feels sensible to be cautious with my money right now. Decided the car is definitely getting raced next time the track is open so went for a few nice bits. Started off looking for a reinforced lower deck, and found rcjaz had one for a good price as well as lots of other FF03 goodness. Could have quite easily got carried away and spent a new kits' worth of money, but in the end sense prevailed and i got the reinforced deck, carbon rear bulkhead stiffeners, some alloy suspension spacers (i always try and get rid of plastic in the suspension block area if i am racing a car) and some alloy servo mounts. All nice performance parts. Was sorely tempted by alloy IFS rockers and a carbon steering link, but those two alone would have added £35 to the bill, so i demurred. Hop ups sure can escalate given half a chance! 

• Like 5

Fitted a 13.5T "Bluebottle in my WT01-N Amarok. Was bored with the torque tuned motor. What a difference, can only really run it on the road outside and it does full power doughnuts on the pavior brick drive (not as gripply as tarmac) Its running 20t pinion and Dynahead wheels and certianly seems to run really well up down the road. All I need to do is put reverse back on ( inadvertently turned it off changing to brushless) as it dissapeared under the car up against the rear wheel so I had to grovel on the floor to pull it out.

IMG_1939.JPG.dc1e23e5eadc69142c187b78c0422c19.JPGIMG_1940.JPG.b8006fd8747ca039233832c0d055578c.JPG

• Like 7

Drove my Avante, LaFerrari and 1/16 C24 Hilux yesterday. And logged back in here after nearly a month of being away :(

• Like 1

Managed to get my shed/outdoor mancave cleared of all the superfluous rubbish that'd been shoved in there by Mrs SCN and got around to painting up a project dinky 105 Spectrum MSV that'd been sitting waiting for paint for the last few months. I then added a few finishing touches to my Clod and got it out for a quick spin around the garden. It's an absolute hoot to drive and stands on its rear wheels with a quick jab of the throttle and (for a clod) turns pretty tightly thanks to the servo on axle conversion, shaved down lockstops and rc4wd universals at the front. 

20200412_145703_copy_980x1023.jpg

IMG_20200413_175453_504_copy_1080x859.jpg

IMG_20200413_175453_502_copy_1080x896.jpg

• Like 12

Tidied my M03 Rally as it is supposed to see his new owner tomorrow.

well this guy is buying his first RC car. I received a call this morning from a club member who is printing anti covid masks for our local hospital. This guy working at the hospital wants an RC.

I want him to fall in love with it the same moment, so all clean and shiny.

Also decided to let go of my only NiMh battery I have, the LRP 5000mAh, also he is getting a new TBLE02 esc with a brand new 21T Sport Tuned of ebay (not a tamiya sport tuned).

also as a RTR he will get the FlySky GT2 with a Imax B6 charger. 

feel hard to let fo, but I like the idea to own only Lipo cars. I certainly will buy a M03 again but it will go on the shelf with my M02 and are jot ment to be run.

kPan7qB.jpg
HntRgkB.jpg

• Like 4

I did as much detailing as I want to do on my daughters Mystery Machine Lunchbox, I’ve learnt a lot and whilst not perfect I am happy with my 1st attempt.

Tomorrow after work I will re-fit the front CVA’s with the hard shock oil and I’ll have another try with the Kimborough servo which was not returning to neutral the other day.

I also registered with a photo imaging website so I can post photos with ease on TC now.

• Like 1

I just add photos to my post using the attach files facility? Don’t need a separate hosting site?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

I just add photos to my post using the attach files facility? Don’t need a separate hosting site?

You can run out of space pretty quick if you post a few pics

• Thanks 1