Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thank you! Yes the extras do really standout, particularly on the rear wing - they went on nicely with the reverse maskjng tape method you desribed. The biggest difference is the tyre logos though - they massively add to the realism. Shame they are not included with more kits but id imagine on a runner they would be scuffed off quite quickly.

Finally finished mounting the restored Toyota LB turbo body on its chassis. Its only taken 7 years...:unsure:!

I restored the body back in 2013, but never got around to finishing the chassis, so i thought it was about time.

J

Jspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 13

Added some TRX rock sliders to my Blackfoot before it goes off to a new home. Strangely they are the perfect length.

Rf12A9y.jpg

• Like 1

I almost finished my Tamiya Ta-03rs porsche 911GT the only thing that I need to buy is an esc for it.

49792389366_ee8c9137db_c.jpg

49792711517_69e468150a_c.jpg

49792388436_de9cc02d36_c.jpg

49791838288_6a9b133df9_c.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

After years of running with brushless power and abuse,  I broke my wt-01 truck the diff is toast and broke  the gearbox.

Going to buy the diff gears from a cr-01, it is always the star shaft that breaks and that is pot metal, on the cr-01 the star shaft is steel.

49792690057_4c19bdff0f_c.jpg

49792386136_365c406706_c.jpg

• Like 1

I love this servo and it's probably one of the best performing and fastest servos for on-road. But the color is just an eyesore for a Tamiya kit especially when you're trying to uniform the color. So I just had to do something...

iCrAGJgh.jpg

Wrapped it with carbon fiber decal. Now it looks better (in my opinion).

DXte9Q8h.jpg

MxsNEYxh.jpg

sSp1Y3Gh.jpg

Also did the same to the JX servo which had a red aluminum.

h66uJzOh.jpg

Ma5XObNh.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dannymulder said:

After years of running with brushless power and abuse,  I broke my wt-01 truck the diff is toast and broke  the gearbox.

Going to buy the diff gears from a cr-01, it is always the star shaft that breaks and that is pot metal, on the cr-01 the star shaft is steel.

I thought these we’re almost indestructible. Last week people talking about snapping dog bones and now you killing a diff.

I am definitely not trying hard enough.

You buying new halves or a full gearbox?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

I thought these we’re almost indestructible. Last week people talking about snapping dog bones and now you killing a diff.

I am definitely not trying hard enough.

You buying new halves or a full gearbox?

I have 2 sets of spare gearbox halves and all the gears that I bought from a second hand twin detonator chassis for 10 euro.

the diff gave up after years of hard running  but I open it up a few times before and it is always the starshaft that is broken and I think that is wat killed the diff in the end, most of the times the diff stil working with the starshaft broken but now it was toast, I know the cr-01 has a steel starshaft so I put that one in to make the car more bullitproof.

• Like 1

Matt black sprayed the WW2 roll bar as it was tough to shift brown camo paint on it.

Ghetto modded a cardboard box for my spray booth.

Then cleaned up the body shell and parts and it is now in the dishwasher with my wife’s approval. 

Enjoying moving this a one a long again- just over a year old this project so I’m loving that 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

I love this servo and it's probably one of the best performing and fastest servos for on-road. But the color is just an eyesore for a Tamiya kit especially when you're trying to uniform the color. So I just had to do something...

iCrAGJgh.jpg

Wrapped it with carbon fiber decal. Now it looks better (in my opinion).

DXte9Q8h.jpg

MxsNEYxh.jpg

sSp1Y3Gh.jpg

Also did the same to the JX servo which had a red aluminum.

h66uJzOh.jpg

Ma5XObNh.jpg

What tires are that in the last picture, it looks that it has a lot of tread on them, most of the time when I run touring cars with brushless motors I am eating tires.

17 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Would love it if I could make it rc but there’s too much detail. If you left the motor out you might get some form of micro system in but don’t really think it would work too well. There have been a couple of semi scale caterham/lotus bodies but they’re not that accurate. Also I don’t think many people will want to start cutting up a £300 + model in the first place.

Yes, that's fair enough - certainly that detailed engine is wonderful!

I was just thinking along the lines of Toykid's (Knight Customs) Sand Rail which used the Wild One running gear - it might be feasible to have a compact motor and transmission essentially hidden under the tonnau behind the seats of the 7, and a scale engine cover to hide a battery under the bonnet?

James - are you there?!

Jenny x

10 hours ago, Superluminal said:

When painting did you apply a clear coat over the top of the decals you put on the blackfoot?

I wantd to wax a couple of my shells which had the decals on the outside with no clear coat and wasnt sure if the polish would get underneath and cause them to lift.

I haven’t put any clear coat on the BF. I polished it with the FW1 out the box, applied the decals (no soap just stuck straight on) then went over all again when it was stickered up. No sign of lifting yet. 
Just apply very lightly with a damp soft cloth then buff with a dry soft cloth. 

• Thanks 1

Today, while we have to stay at home, i took my workshop outside in the garden under my parasol and did a one day restore to a Terra Conqueror that was in a very sorry state, rusted screws, broken shocktowers, seized Dynatech motor....etc.....etc....tc1.thumb.jpg.8420269a05848d840e5a8a6236afcc83.jpg

tc2.thumb.jpg.c3466958cf10093fdc1b77e40bcebd52.jpg

tc3.thumb.jpg.bd4843951a3ad007fda70ad9359b65a5.jpg

tc4.thumb.jpg.bdf587324de894c460ecf326c60a2e6b.jpg

tc5.thumb.jpg.5fee6a57586dc40f4d7f238a60272522.jpg

with its brother.....tc6.thumb.jpg.37669f19e15e277cf6b1db3e35da9ec4.jpg

• Like 10

8 hours ago, dannymulder said:

That sock is ruined :lol:

49794543603_922a387cd2_b.jpg

Me & the kids had a lot of fun with the mini lunchbox today. 20% Throttle power on end point adjustment & the battery never ran out! :D

• Like 2

Finally Getting round to building a Lancia Rally from a Brat chassis I had lying in pieces somewhere in the depths of my loft... 

Got the shell and I love the detail! Now to make up my mind on how id like to finish it... :/ 

DSC01827.jpg

DSC01833.jpg

DSC01837.jpg

DSC01840.jpg

• Like 5

Started the ambitious sticker job on the shell I recently painted. This has got to be one of the most difficult decal sheets I've ever worked with, because of how hard it is to figure out all those outlines. 

20200419-171110.jpg

It pays off anyways, and once again I'm impressed at how well the JPS livery always works on everything, with its clever, clean simplicity.

You could paint a toilet bowl black and gold, and it would somehow go fast.

It's got to be one of the best racing liveries ever, in my opinion at least.

By the time it was getting towards dusk eyes were sore, so I went out for a raincheck with the truck... gif in the gif thread.

Screenshot-20200419-195931-Gallery.jpg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Ma5XObNh.jpg

Looks great - but what are you going to do about that red ESC heatsink?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dannymulder said:

What tires are that in the last picture, it looks that it has a lot of tread on them, most of the time when I run touring cars with brushless motors I am eating tires.

I forgot the brand but I got them from an online shop and it's really cheap. $10 for all 4 tires. However, the tires on the other car is Tamiya radial.

18 minutes ago, lsear2905 said:

Looks great - but what are you going to do about that red ESC heatsink?

I'm going to paint that to blue. I have removed the heatsink before when I cleaned the ESC which is very easy to do actually. I will also do the same to my other kits with the same ESC. Unfortunately due to the quarantine and lockdown, all paint shops are closed and I can't get paint materials. Been wanting to do a lot of painting since this lockdown began but can't.

Finished up little details on these three. Just waiting on the servos. 

IMG_20200420_003927.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

also, did a really bad paint job on my TOP FORCE, ordered another lexan shell. but also screwed up the bottom cover.As i knew i screwed it up i just played. Now the problem is i ordered a body and wing but cant find a bottom shell.

On 4/17/2020 at 3:47 PM, Grumpy pants said:

Well almost at the end of making my daughters Lunchbox how I’d like it to be, I started in either 2013 or 2014 so long ago I honestly can’t remember 😳- However big thanks to @jonboy1 who was going to finish this one up for me. 

Work has been very slow this week and this will continue for at least the lockdown period,  so whilst I won’t earn anything at least I can have a break and do some nice stuff @ home. 

Listed my incorrectly bought CRP bumper on eBay today, sold a set of tyres and also my lovely TA03 bundle as I realised that as much as I like it, there are too many other Tamiya in the queue before it. 

And as has taken me 6 years to finish a Lunchbox, there’s little point in it staying with me. 

My plan is too pick up the WW2 next week and finish that, then I might move 1 of the other 14 remaining models along. 

Not often I get thanked for not doing anything - except with a huge dose of sarcasm applied by Mrs. Jon of course :P So I'll take it ;) 

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2020 at 5:23 PM, Richardrpm said:

This is my 2008 thunder shot that I got back when it was first re-released. Finally built it complete with original stickers and found an original new MSC for it. 
Paint by @jonboy1

356DA724-4354-4C02-A583-69176E0DF7BB.jpeg

Awesome to see this and the DynaStorm all complete! They both look great! Hope they bring a lot of pleasure :)