Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Might be the isolation, but I'm trying to befriend the chipmunks in the area using the common language: food.  

This guy and I are starting to get along

Screenshot-20200423-212712-Gallery.jpg

Now, the Big Boss is the only vehicle in my fleet without a driver.

I thought I'd offer the vacant seat to my new bro here, he's still a bit diffident but he's getting into it. More to come in the next days hopefully

Screenshot-20200423-211714-Gallery.jpg

Firstly, a look under the hood... "Oh I see, a Le Mans 05"

Screenshot-20200423-211808-Gallery.jpg

"Aaight, let's give this a try"

Screenshot-20200423-211316-Gallery.jpg

"Yeah baby!"

Screenshot-20200423-212340-Gallery.jpg

Just chillin

(No worries guys, I 'm not crazy yet :lol:)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

50 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

This guy and I are starting to get along.

Screenshot-20200423-211808-Gallery.jpg

Oh! Did the Chipmunk got a free ride on the BIG BOSS in the end?

2 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Oh! Did the Chipmunk got a free ride on the BIG BOSS in the end?

Pretty sure he is looking for a way to get into the cab! 😄

• Like 1

Does Tamiya enamel come off glass? 

Painted this this afternoon. It's on the back of my truck. I am not patriotic per say, but I think due to the covid virus and this being the first year there will be no dawn parade service for our fallen heroes, I felt obliged to show my respect differently this year. Civilians will be putting poppies and other such memorabilia in their windows and at the end of their driveways, and people are still getting up at 6am for The Last Post. Would like to hear from our Aussie brethren if they are doing something similar.

We will remember them..

BZNxu6q.jpg

Excuse my hat reflection 🙄

• Like 7

On 4/23/2020 at 6:50 AM, yogi-bear said:

I ordered 5 on the 2nd of March on got them about the 16th of April. So 5-6 weeks, but that's to down under, hopefully it would be be quicker to the US. The other order I did at the same time never came (a HG P407) luckily the seller refunded me.

I ordered 3 last week as well and I’m intrigued to how long they will take to arrive to the UK, the seller quoted 20-40 days.

But 2 ESC’s arrived from China in less than a week which a pleasant surprise. 

1 hour ago, berman said:

Does Tamiya enamel come off glass? 

Painted this this afternoon. It's on the back of my truck. I am not patriotic per say, but I think due to the covid virus and this being the first year there will be no dawn parade service for our fallen heroes, I felt obliged to show my respect differently this year. Civilians will be putting poppies and other such memorabilia in their windows and at the end of their driveways, and people are still getting up at 6am for The Last Post. Would like to hear from our Aussie brethren if they are doing something similar.

We will remember them..

Yes, we will be at the end of our driveway tomorrow morning at dawn. I've been taking my kids to the dawn service since they were old enough to understand, it'll be very different this year.

For our British, American and other international friends: https://www.awm.gov.au/anzacathome/anzac-traditions

• Like 4

Last night I dreamed that I had a NIB Terra Scorcher. Except, as it was a dream the box art was blue. This place does funny things to you...

I'm not taking it as a sign that I ought to buy one, got my AMPro upgrade Hornet to finish and a vintage HotShot to strip and restore!

• Haha 3

1st and 2nd Drive of the Twin Detonator done. It was accompanied by the Bush Devil then the Unimog. Great to watch my kids driving improving so quickly. Biggest blocker is the size of the transmitter in a little hand, has to sit down to work it. So we sit at the top of a grassy bowl shaped dip in the park & run them.

49812822301_33272fbf8c_b.jpg

Running it slammed I found the front tyres rub the body on full lock. Might’ve cut the body posts prematurely  :ph34r: will try some lunchbox tyres, that should fix it. 

I upgraded the CW01 to a torque tuned & the Twin Detonator can’t keep up! 

• Like 3

The excitement of receiving a fist full of birthday eBay vouchers started to wain a bit after scouring the website seeing there isn’t much left on there!!! Wow😱

So between you and me I get the feeling there are other people now suddenly interested in Tamiya RC’s?

With the Aussie dollar dropping in value and a lot of international sellers not currently posting here narrowed the selection even further.

I’m thinking I might just hang on to them until things pick up again. It’s almost like being a kid in the 80’s again drooling through the shop window at what I can’t afford  🤨

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

The excitement of receiving a fist full of birthday eBay vouchers started to wain a bit after scouring the website seeing there isn’t much left on there!!! Wow😱

So between you and me I get the feeling there are other people now suddenly interested in Tamiya RC’s?

With the Aussie dollar dropping in value and a lot of international sellers not currently posting here narrowed the selection even further.

I’m thinking I might just hang on to them until things pick up again. It’s almost like being a kid in the 80’s again drooling through the shop window at what I can’t afford  🤨

Bonkers expensive right now, I think I bought the last old price Lunchbox kit last week in the UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J@mes said:

1st and 2nd Drive of the Twin Detonator done. It was accompanied by the Bush Devil then the Unimog. Great to watch my kids driving improving so quickly. Biggest blocker is the size of the transmitter in a little hand, has to sit down to work it. So we sit at the top of a grassy bowl shaped dip in the park & run them.

49812822301_33272fbf8c_b.jpg

Running it slammed I found the front tyres rub the body on full lock. Might’ve cut the body posts prematurely  :ph34r: will try some lunchbox tyres, that should fix it. 

I upgraded the CW01 to a torque tuned & the Twin Detonator can’t keep up! 

My son is running a Twin Detonator on a Carson Start tx, great for small hand but I'm not convinced on the 'dual rate' throttle or steering adjustment. 

• Thanks 1

Charged my new lipo, put it in my FF02/B/BULL (name is a work in progress) and didn't get very far 😂, what should I set my lipo alarm to? I'm using a 2s 3300mAh.

IMG_20200424_142537.jpg

•  

Wheelbase shortened, but some magic to work on body posts as they are way off

6-ACB2919-F8-E6-4-A46-AFC9-B8-C125-E63-B

CD15676-A-EB8-B-49-E2-AEAB-0-D91-F0-F228

The Bronco looks good, but better on the CR01. So I think I might shop for some wheels for the unimog

7977-FC4-F-29-C9-44-F2-8-D13-34-CCC93-A3

I’ve some of these on a CC01, they might suit nicely

Perfect for the unimog!!!!

• Like 1

Did some more static stuff. Caterham is Tamiya but the Cobra is Revell

IMG_1953.JPG.139872b3f16585720ad61c618876164a.JPGIMG_1954.JPG.a198c0fe5abc5488d28ad2f4835bd7b2.JPGIMG_1955.JPG.f8771f744d252b5756e162ea3dd7aff9.JPGIMG_1956.JPG.a34b570c626e56e7ecb5e6cfba6dc168.JPGIMG_1959.JPG.1e3ce2e5e149fa9122d5e204bea4cd3d.JPG

Still waiting for delivery from Hong Kong, but Germany turned up. See postman thread.

• Like 6

Took my Axial Bomber out for my daily woodland walk with my daughter today and noticed that it was feeling a bit down on power to what it normally was, I decided to ignore it putting it down to the el-cheapo motor reaching the end of its life. An hour or so later I was reversing to take a better run at an obstacle and heard a bit of an odd rattle coming from it. Picked it up and gave it a quick look over and a shake but couldn't find or hear anything wrong and other than the rattle it was running OK so I put it back down and we headed back home with the ESS one sound kit drowning out most of the odd rattle. 

Back in the house I pop one of the side panels off to get a better look inside and discover the source of the rattle. 

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the endbell has decided to completely separate from rest of the can and was bouncing around while the motor was running. That explains the lack of power and the funny rattle. I guess it's now time to fit the holmes hobbies 16t crawlmaster I've currently got in my cc-01 into something a bit more suited for that level of power and put something a bit more sensible into the cc-01 again. 

20200424_163407_copy_2016x980.jpg

• Like 1

Today I trimmed and mounted my Karmann Ghia shell on my M-04L chassis.

2020-04-24_09-53-01

For once the traditional Tamiya look of the track being narrower than the body is actually appropriate! Furthermore, it allows the shell to be mounted really low without clearance issues. This is the stance I am going for:

6cb997a1fcd007fabc805774126da1ed.jpg

Now to decide whether to go for bright gunmetal as per the above example, or a metallic green and black scheme inspired by the one below:

SH_IATS_VW_1288N.jpg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Today I trimmed and mounted my Karmann Ghia shell on my M-04L chassis.

2020-04-24_09-53-01

For once the traditional Tamiya look of the track being narrower than the body is actually appropriate! Furthermore, it allows the shell to be mounted really low without clearance issues. This is the stance I am going for:

6cb997a1fcd007fabc805774126da1ed.jpg

Now to decide whether to go for bright gunmetal as per the above example, or a metallic green and black scheme inspired by the one below:

SH_IATS_VW_1288N.jpg

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Will you change the rims? And every time I see a post for one of these, I just want one more and more, but that will have to wait until Christmas maybe.

I want to eventually pick up this Karmann Ghia. 
Anyway, my thoughts on the paint regarding the two options........gun metal.

I seem to have fixed the horrific bump steer on my Futaba FXT!

Before & after

AeoCwpP.jpg?1

ZjdJ7xa.jpg?1

• Like 2

I had a week of success and failures.

I finished my oscilloscope and it even worked first go.

2020_04_25_paint_sticker-2.jpg

I printed some silly stickers and put them on my resurrected Grass Hopper body. The body was missing one rear corner and I was initially going to bin it, but then decided to have a go with some styrene sheet to repair. Its ok, but no brilliant, and I messed up the paint job a little. Still, it'll be good for a basher.

2020_04_25_paint_sticker-4.jpg

Continuing the theme of messing up paint jobs a little, I painted my Sand Scorcher in a metallic green, white and black scheme. So not only did I get some bleed through, when doing the coat of black, I was so focussed on the roof and bonnet, I forgot to cover the rear properly and got lots of overspray. Still, its all fixable, and that'll be next weeks job. I'm also contemplating these rims for the Sans Scorcher build.

2020_04_25_paint_sticker-3.jpg

Lastly, over Easter I setup my resin 3D printer, initially the prints we pretty good and very promising, then it all turned to a pile of poo and nothing would print properly. After much hair tearing, it turns out the resin I had was off. New resin and it prints again!

2020_04_25_paint_sticker-1.jpg

• Like 7

Tried out the Gmade wheels and did some stickering:

746-FFC14-3-C25-465-B-BCD8-5-D97-EA8-D7-
7469-FD47-991-E-464-B-92-DB-9-ED34137-A6

time to figure out the invisible mounts, hopefully I can find some better ones than a few years ago.

need to find out where I stashed the light bucket and body decoration sprues too :rolleyes:

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

I printed some silly stickers and put them on my resurrected Grass Hopper body. The body was missing one rear corner and I was initially going to bin it, but then decided to have a go with some styrene sheet to repair. Its ok, but no brilliant, and I messed up the paint job a little. Still, it'll be good for a basher.

2020_04_25_paint_sticker-4.jpg

Continuing the theme of messing up paint jobs a little, I painted my Sand Scorcher in a metallic green, white and black scheme. So not only did I get some bleed through, when doing the coat of black, I was so focussed on the roof and bonnet, I forgot to cover the rear properly and got lots of overspray. Still, its all fixable, and that'll be next weeks job. I'm also contemplating these rims for the Sans Scorcher build.

2020_04_25_paint_sticker-3.jpg

The stickers look great 👍🏻 Are you saving the round ‘Spark Plug’ ones for the spot lights?? 😉 

Really like that Scorcher colour combo too. Are you using the SRB chassis or something else seeing those wheels?

2 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

The stickers look great 👍🏻 Are you saving the round ‘Spark Plug’ ones for the spot lights?? 😉 

Really like that Scorcher colour combo too. Are you using the SRB chassis or something else seeing those wheels?

cheers, yeah, Spark Plug sticker will be for the spot lights, just have to strip and repaint them

Yes to SRB chassis, just need to work out how I want to do the wheels plus I'll need to make some adaptors. Given the amount of time I should have, I might try and machine them in Al.

• Like 1