Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Worked on my stadium thunder and ran my amp mt for the first time. I messed up the paint big time... I had candy purple base but it was very translucent so I sprayed black on top of it to darken the purple and instead, it created a weird brown color I’ve never seen before 😂

6F403AAB-D819-4F33-B9F2-8F092DE3F415.jpeg

• Like 1

Finished my TC competition entry, "Not So Wild Willy," in the spirit of the "Bored" theme...

spacer.png

From the entry:

"Poor Willy. With COVID-19 running rampant, there's not much he can do except watch vintage Tamiya commercials and flip through Tamiyaclub on his tablet. He hopes for better days when he can pull wheelies in his Jeep once again! Fortunately he has plenty of snacks and drinks on hand, and his cat Wilbur will always be there to keep him company."

"Stay safe everyone!"

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Broke out an Arrma Kraton 6s that has been sitting under my son's train table for the better part of a year.  I'm not sure I really enjoyed it tbh.  Had it on 6s in front of the house and it was dangerous fast.  I didn't trust the kids to run it out in the street due to the speed and my 3yo was terrified of it.  I'll give it a few more chances no doubt, if anything because I don't want the hassle of finding a box big enough to ship it off in!  

• Like 2

Sold my TT02 bundle yesterday which will get packed and shipped off this weekend.

Fitted the newly arrived front bumper to my daughters Lunchbox which I now consider finished 💥

Fitted the 4 Newly arrived body posts and a front bumper from my spares to my Konghead. 

Will ponder over the weekend as to which model might get moved a long next- I know which  one my wife thinks should go next 😳

• Like 2

Painted and stickered a new body shell for my Super Shot

49816684217_54f82ca18e_k.jpg

49815838718_964f9d7de7_k.jpg

• Like 16

Increased the suspension travel on the FF-03. Took the 1mm spacers off the top of the rear mounts and put them underneath the front ones. Just had to file a touch of material off the front arms to allow the C hubs to remain vertical. Swapped the springs for an old set of hard blue and soft rears to get about 10% sag all round which when combined with the extra travel meant I could mount the body lower. Its really quite an effective little rally car even on short cut grass. 

DSC_0028

• Like 8

A few garden shots of my daughters Mystery Machine before it goes in her bedroom for shelf duty-

1-F92-B6-A2-B69-B-465-F-8-F6-D-1-CF53199

6-A44491-B-8694-4065-8741-F004-FA43-A6-D

A0-E2-A44-A-FEDD-4671-AC84-0185-E376-C33

• Like 15

On 4/25/2020 at 10:12 AM, Grotty Otty said:

Increased the suspension travel on the FF-03. Took the 1mm spacers off the top of the rear mounts and put them underneath the front ones. Just had to file a touch of material off the front arms to allow the C hubs to remain vertical. Swapped the springs for an old set of hard blue and soft rears to get about 10% sag all round which when combined with the extra travel meant I could mount the body lower. Its really quite an effective little rally car even on short cut grass. 

DSC_0028

I like everything about this car, the colours, the front mounted motor and the battery sitting longitude in the chassis.

Is it front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Painted and stickered a new body shell for my Super Shot

49816684217_54f82ca18e_k.jpg

49815838718_964f9d7de7_k.jpg

The gold against the black is superb, the Super Shot to me is the best looking Hot Shot of the family and the one I would like to own. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

The gold against the black is superb, the Super Shot to me is the best looking Hot Shot of the family and the one I would like to own. 

Yep, exactly why I chose black, with the gold wheels it just works

I bought a m-05   mazda mx-05.

This is my first m chassis car  I hope I like with the front wheel drive.

I was looking for some time for an m chassis car, could not make up my mind to buy an m-05 or an mf-01x,  I  allready have 4wd touring  cars so I am going to try something differant with the front wheel drive.

for now I the only hopup I bought are tamiya super mini cva shocks,  going to drive the car with a 21.5 brushless with an tamiya esc tble- 02s that is what I have as a spare, and see of I like it before I spent a lot of money on hopups.

13 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

I had a week of success and failures.

I finished my oscilloscope and it even worked first go.

2020_04_25_paint_sticker-2.jpg

I printed some silly stickers and put them on my resurrected Grass Hopper body. The body was missing one rear corner and I was initially going to bin it, but then decided to have a go with some styrene sheet to repair. Its ok, but no brilliant, and I messed up the paint job a little. Still, it'll be good for a basher.

2020_04_25_paint_sticker-4.jpg

Continuing the theme of messing up paint jobs a little, I painted my Sand Scorcher in a metallic green, white and black scheme. So not only did I get some bleed through, when doing the coat of black, I was so focussed on the roof and bonnet, I forgot to cover the rear properly and got lots of overspray. Still, its all fixable, and that'll be next weeks job. I'm also contemplating these rims for the Sans Scorcher build.

2020_04_25_paint_sticker-3.jpg

Lastly, over Easter I setup my resin 3D printer, initially the prints we pretty good and very promising, then it all turned to a pile of poo and nothing would print properly. After much hair tearing, it turns out the resin I had was off. New resin and it prints again!

2020_04_25_paint_sticker-1.jpg

Hans Solo??

55 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Is it front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive?

It's front wheel drive. It was bought on a whim for something to build during the Lockdown. I'm really impressed with it, feels like a step up from a TT-02 in terms of the materials and that it comes with a fully ballraced transmission and oil shocks. Great value at Time Tunnel Models at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Today I trimmed and mounted my Karmann Ghia shell on my M-04L chassis.

For once the traditional Tamiya look of the track being narrower than the body is actually appropriate! Furthermore, it allows the shell to be mounted really low without clearance issues. This is the stance I am going for:

6cb997a1fcd007fabc805774126da1ed.jpg

Now to decide whether to go for bright gunmetal as per the above example, or a metallic green and black scheme inspired by the one below:

not a fan at all of grey butttttttttttttttttt that gunmetel does look pretty dahm fine.

what about this as a alternative

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topforcein said:

not a fan at all of grey butttttttttttttttttt that gunmetel does look pretty dahm fine.

what about this as a alternative

While that is a very nice example and I appreciate the suggestion, red is one of the only two colours not under consideration. I already have two red bodies in my M-chassis fleet, namely a Monte-Carlo Mini and a Fiat 500, and I would like more variety. Blue is also out, as the Renault Alpine beside which this model will be parked is already metallic blue, and I think they need to contrast rather than match. 

7 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

DSC_0028

What is your ride height now? You can still make it higher by shaving some parts off the main chassis to allow the suspension arms to travel more. This route wont require to add spacers under the suspension mounts or modify the c-hubs. 

Anyway, it's really a nice rally car to drive and very responsive too. I would also suggest fabricating mudguards too because it builds up all the dirt especially soil which gets to the servo, ESC and rear suspension arms. I have made some mud guards from polycarbonate and are very effective.

Not today but yesterday. The Chippy came back. I was out working on another project of mine and he showed up hungry, so I took a break and we snacked on the same peanuts :lol:

You don't wanna talk business on an empty stomach, but after eating we "discussed" the driver thing again. This time I could get so much closer to the little fella!

I don't have a racing team, but I'd still get him a lifetime supply of seeds if he agreed on being my driver figure :D

20200424-134431.jpg

Mmmh I could get used to this...

20200424-134420.jpg

Testing the aerodynamics...

20200424-134422.jpg

So, we ridin'or what??

Screenshot-20200425-125539-Gallery.jpg

But can I please... have another peanut?

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

What is your ride height now? You can still make it higher by shaving some parts off the main chassis to allow the suspension arms to travel more. This route wont require to add spacers under the suspension mounts or modify the c-hubs. 

Anyway, it's really a nice rally car to drive and very responsive too. I would also suggest fabricating mudguards too because it builds up all the dirt especially soil which gets to the servo, ESC and rear suspension arms. I have made some mud guards from polycarbonate and are very effective.

The ride height is 16.5mm sagged and 20.5mm extended. Thought about cutting the chassis but decided against it incase I run it on road and use the droop screws. I had to file off some material from the inside of the suspension arms at the front as they stopped the C hub from rotating inwards enough to stay vertical when fully drooped. Will definitely figure out some mudguards it completely fills up with debris! Great chassis though. 

Returned to the car that got me back into the hobby. The Hotshot! I've done a few things to it over the years, suspension upgrade, Front one way, new roof and under tray. So basically a Supershot with a Hotshot body. I need to sort out the toe-out in the front. Today I changed out the springs in the front to something a bit stiffer and used shorter screws on the top of the damper stay. Haven't really put it to the test since upgrading it.

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054 2.jpg

• Like 2

Finally figured out how to get rear frog tires around the wheels. 😂🙌

9 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Hans Solo??

yep, a little something for my scale garage

Drunk ordered a Toyota Toms RM01! Probably going to get into trouble for this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Finished building the speed run TT02 for when we can get out again. Hopefully will be able to see the colour from a distance hahaIMG_20200425_154756_289.thumb.jpg.0f5c3ceebeb26e354d3bed073ddbfbba.jpg

• Like 3