Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, dannymulder said:

I bought a m-05   mazda mx-05.

This is my first m chassis car  I hope I like with the front wheel drive.

I was looking for some time for an m chassis car, could not make up my mind to buy an m-05 or an mf-01x,  I  allready have 4wd touring  cars so I am going to try something differant with the front wheel drive.

for now I the only hopup I bought are tamiya super mini cva shocks,  going to drive the car with a 21.5 brushless with an tamiya esc tble- 02s that is what I have as a spare, and see of I like it before I spent a lot of money on hopups.

Good choice! The M-05 is an excellent introduction to the M-chassis range IMO, quite easy to set up for trouble-free running. The Super Mini CVAs are a great match for the chassis. Before you start the build, another worthwhile hop-up is the alloy motor mount, which is sturdier and better for cooling than the stock plastic one, and it is a lot easier to include it from the outset as swapping it later involves taking a lot of the car apart again. (As well as bearings of course, but that is a given.) Other hop-ups can wait - it is very easy to retrofit the steering upgrades for example.

• Like 1

Spent about half the day cleaning up my spread of RC from around the house.  Half the kitchen table had been overrun with a body, paints, some tools, etc.  On the floor was a drafting set and some electronics in a tackle box.  So most everything came back to my main hobby space, and a few tools went out to the garage.  The second spot that needed some tidying was a storage room where I have some boxes on shelving.  I have a bad habit of digging into boxes and leaving them out while I continue on with a build.  It was getting difficult to walk around in there, so it was time to put things away.  The third spot was our bedroom; I've been stocking up on paint and had them all on the night stand next to the bed.  It was getting out of hand so they went into a box and found a storage spot out of sight.  Finally, my main work space was overrun with all sorts of stuff; it was no longer possible to do any actual building there.  Lots of tools were put away; parts were stored; all the chemicals were organized and some were tossed.  I was a little bummed that a few glues had actually solidified in their containers.  Anyhow, things are tidy and organized again, and there's room to keep on building...

spacer.png

• Like 9

3 hours ago, nellyle said:

Drunk ordered a Toyota Toms RM01! Probably going to get into trouble for this. 

You have my full support. Ive drunk ordered all kinds of little parts and such since this lockdown started. Haha. Never know whats showing up UPS

• Haha 1

A lil elbow grease got me here.

Ford Flareside Ranger body all fixed & ready for some enamel ;)

HidqKxO.jpg

• Like 8

Having been looking at some of the fantastic releases for this hobby over the years, I always wanted an ultimate short course truck and Traxxas always surprises me with their great products, with E-Maxx, Revo, Short Course Truck, slash, X0-1. TRX-4 Defender 110 and TRX-6 G63 and the UDR. 

Having owning lots of RC, having too big a scale it's a problem for me to look for place to run it... and it heavy. I wanted the Traxxas UDR... found a mini version 1/12 which is almost the size of Tamiya 1/10 buggy.

Looks very scale, the right size with details almost same as the UDR.

will be spending some time to make it more scale and run it,

UDR-2.jpeg

f55adfd0-23f0-437c-9c09-e8d4db21a27f.jpeg

side UDR.jpeg

• Like 3

Spent the afternoon introducing the wife to the joys of RC Cars; she's building a Comical Frog becasue it's the pink one, and I'm building the Comical Hornet I obviously had to get to give her somethign to race against that is evenly matched.

IMG_1046.jpg

• Like 9

On 4/21/2020 at 7:48 AM, jonboy1 said:

Just ordered 2 WW wheels and the Smoke stack sprue for the Konghead 👍

• Like 1

After trying to find some suitable vinyl, managed to print, cut and stick some monster truck sponsor stickers to my lads WT01

20200426_095154 20200426_104029

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 1:56 PM, superted said:

Another one done

twin motor 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steer

BBBF748B-DD27-45D2-9585-7DD14A272866.png

Looks great! Have you got a build thread for this conversion?

Sat down to start building my CC-01 Hi Lux.

Took the plastic wrap off the kit box and dug the manual out of the box.

Started reading through the manual to see what was to come, got interrupted by the kids twice in less than 5 minutes.:angry:

Took that as a sign of how things were going to go so packed everything away again :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Quick mental revisit of my hatred of lex shells. Thought this one was going to be easy to cut out but lots of corners are not good for score and snap.

Then the pearlescent white reacted out the airbrush and I had to wash it quick.

I had a choice of a bit of orange, a bit of purple or a bit of gray.

Not a thick coat but it will do. They did a second box art in yellow so this might work

RkX2tsP.jpg

• Like 5

I booked the courier for the  sold TT02 for a TC member and packaged up some small parts for 2 other members and then I had to work, so no Tamiya for me today 🙈

Got the wheels and tyres on Friday. A pair of tyres have to be changes as they sent 2 rear pairs. Started painting the lettering, going on my Top Force.

20200426_182640.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

Snap! @Oneball1971 Our top force shoes match :D 

Good combo isn't it, grips like badword on carpet for me. 

Are you on the Top Force FB Group? If you are, I'm the guy that asked you how you painted your small lettering & numbers 😄

Finished the AMPro front suspension conversion on my Hornet today. The hardware isn't pretty but works, will work on getting some matching acres and flange nuts but I'm in no hurry.

E934BABD-5282-476A-B68A-7F29398A8A98.jpg

Does she go? She flies!!

Screenshot_20200426-2122472.png

I can class this as a runner now, well pleased. It spent far too long in pieces for no good reason. I finally did it @Pintopower!

Next...decal the shell I painted for it last year.

C3C7132F-DC56-4752-BD4A-B2048CB5073F.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Oneball1971 said:

Are you on the Top Force FB Group? If you are, I'm the guy that asked you how you painted your small lettering & numbers 😄

Aye that's me! Hope it works for you :D

• Like 1

Sold my Rising Fighter for £103 on eBay. All proceeds to the Lincolnshire blood bikers. 

Glad it helped and it freed up some room in the attic 

• Like 10

I spent all day, starting at 1:00pm  est till now 12:15am on this. I think it’s good not perfect by any means. I learned a lot in hindsite. Not happy with the clear coat as it’s a bit rough looking. But it was fun and I will do better next time. 

F2ABB790-155B-4224-A932-6F92E23D3998.jpeg

4EB33E21-BD95-4DC5-98D2-73BF028CB6E9.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1