Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Had a play with the interior of my CC-01 Land Rover. Made some Leather Seats and a platform. Still a way to go but its a start.

received_560604644595238.jpeg

20200502_181015.jpg

• Like 11

Remembered how much I hate working with Tamiya brush paints.

Less coverage than Pamela Anderson's bathing suits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

printed a beetle scale beetle seat, more interior beetle bits to hopefully follow soon.

2020_05_03_Midnight-Pumpkin-1.jpg

I've also been playing around with Fusion 360 a bit more and designed some new rims that fit to the 1/14 truck tires. These will go onto a trailer I want to build and maybe a car.

2020_05_03_Midnight-Pumpkin-4.jpg

and pulled out my Midnight Pumpkin pieces and built it. I bought the body about 7 yrs ago, can't remember from where now, but during he built I found out it was missing the front body mounts, all 4 of the shock absorber chrome pieces and it didn't come with any of the screws. Luckily I was able to scavenge from another project, but I still will have to find those pieces and replace for the other project. For the chassis and running gear I am managed to get a reasonable on two kits that had no bodies or tires. So all parts are new except tires and rims. Rims I'll deal with later, hoping to have a go at machine then in Aluminium at some point. I must admit, while I like to classify all my cars as runners, I am going to be hesitant running this one with all that chrome. I'm tempted to clear coat to body to project it.

2020_05_03_Midnight-Pumpkin-2.jpg

2020_05_03_Midnight-Pumpkin-3.jpg

I also sorted my Hornet projects, and came to realisation that I need to sell at least one of them. So that will be listed today or tomorrow. It is project I don't need and will probably never get too. Plus it might help fund a Unimog body :D  I started back into RC in early 2011, and this will be the first car I've sold since I've started :blink:

• Like 12

Coronapocalypse madness is taking its toll. I found myself wondering what would be the outcome if one combined the following three vehicles into one:

depositphotos_319293046-stock-photo-trekol-3929 unnamed Electric-utility-vehicle-with-irrigation-system-960x624

I then started building the outcome of my pondering as a spare shell for my G6-01.

2020-05-03_04-23-44

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Bought a NIB Super HotShot for $249 total (shipping, taxes, everything included) !!

• Like 2

Not Tamiya related but not much RC activity lately.

sold a few spares on ebay, helping out the house budget while the Corona crisis is still happening.

bought for my youngest a toygrade RC Beetle which I fancied a lot since I saw it in the store.

being discounted at final price of 16$ it seemed like a easier way to get him cough to RC cars as this transmitter fit his hands much better.

iFIeqFC.jpg

as for myself, I added a few vespa style stickers to my Maisto models. As for now I have the dark blue PX150 1991 In the back, and this 150cc 1956 vespa to which I added the italian flag stripes and a local football year “1950” to the rear. Also in the next weeks a Vespa 50cc Special 1969 will be added to the collection.

KwPC9rF.jpg

klDfOiq.jpg
A2p8Ywg.jpg

kbT5rHL.jpg

• Like 7

Continued working on the Comical Hornet and Frog with my wife. Pork pie and cat for scale.

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

I did the last set of vintage servo testing this morning, which means the spare kit can go on eBay now.

I’ve had this Blazing Blazer since 2015, I bought as a gift to myself for Christmas as a celebration for having moved into my own house and getting the house ready in time for daughters coming to stay with their own bedrooms all personalised and kitted out.

The spare roof has the front lip still which is a very rare part, I’ve never had one on any of my previous BB’s.

The box has SRB shocks in it and the BB fitting to go on when this one is restored which was a Tamiya Hop up and I even have a set of the original back lights which always get lost on the maiden run 🤷‍♂️.

Amazingly, the body has no splits or breaks, as usually the front body post spilts the bonnet and the bottom of the front wing tips get broken off. 

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bit of design this morning. Not happy with splitting the M6 part on my 4 gear FF03, so designed a new part to go around the new gearbox. 

Also did a bearing steering rack for my FF03 with centred ball studs. 

Unfortunately Shapeways shipping is now even more ruinous than usual. 10 bucks for $6.50 of parts! If anyone in the UK wants anything from Shapeways then hit me up today. I'll happily split shipping.

FF03 Bearing Steering Rack Assy V1.JPG

FF03 4 Gear Standup Assy V8 with new bulkhead.JPG

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Bit of design this morning. Not happy with splitting the M6 part on my 4 gear FF03, so designed a new part to go around the new gearbox. 

Unfortunately Shapeways shipping is now even more ruinous than usual. 10 bucks for $6.50 of parts! If anyone in the UK wants anything from Shapeways then hit me up today. I'll happily split shipping.

I REALLY need to learn 3d design!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Hi Cy. Looks good. Out of interest, what software are you using? Might be worth you investing in a 3D printer at this rate :D I would offer to print some parts for you but have found that there is a tolerance with my printer of about 0.3mm so I couldn't check the part fit exactly before sending it

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mman2005 said:

Hi Cy. Looks good. Out of interest, what software are you using? Might be worth you investing in a 3D printer at this rate :D I would offer to print some parts for you but have found that there is a tolerance with my printer of about 0.3mm so I couldn't check the part fit exactly before sending it

I use Solidworks Pro. I use it for work. It's about £5k per licence! I thought about a printer, but i am much better on screen that in real life and printers seem like a lot of fiddling and hasslr. Plus the cheap printers don't use great material or great tolerances. Shapeways SLS is within 0.1 and much stronger than PET or similar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I use Solidworks Pro. I use it for work. It's about £5k per licence! I thought about a printer, but i am much better on screen that in real life and printers seem like a lot of fiddling and hasslr. Plus the cheap printers don't use great material or great tolerances. Shapeways SLS is within 0.1 and much stronger than PET or similar. 

£5k might be a bit hard for me to justify :lol: Good to know about the quality from Shapeways 

• Haha 1

Another solid morning today just on Tamiya.

Tested the Blazing Blazer Acoms swapped the roof over and basically took stock of what I have, what is working and what is surplus.

Listed the surplus kit on eBay and packed the BB away for another time.

Before you know it half the day is gone 😳

I did reorganise my spares as well 👍

In good shape now to sell off the last of the cars and kit I don’t need now over the next couple of weeks and I’m feeling like I have my hobby back under control in good shape 💥

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

3Racing has a steering rack with centered ball studs. I'm using this in one of my FF-03 while the other one has the Tamiya.

3rac-ff03-12-lb-1-800x800_0.jpg

8cbjJEul.jpg

• Like 1

Finished the TRF501x by fitting Tamiya alloy caster blocks & rear uprights. Also fitted street tyres to the TRF502x, and made some speed runs up and down the street - no off-road today.

865CCE26-B00B-4550-8F60-27A98E249248.jpeg

6D4D0570-E1D0-40D9-A03E-E2E6513AB43C.jpeg

• Like 2

@Quattro 83 They are beautiful looking buggies. I am running those schumacher tyres on my Thunder Dragon for street running during lockdown. Really like them. I like how they look on a buggy too. Nice! 

• Like 1

Well I finished the Hornet build and did some test runs. Fantastic. Paint should come Tuesday so can finish. Was looking on eBay at the runner hornet a member on here had for sale and the for some reason bought a stadium thunder bundle with no research. As I enjoyed they build part this has surprised me but I can fettle any bits it needs and good for kids to thrash. I do fancy another to build from scratch though. Pants this is going to get expensive quickly!!

30mins in the shed. Just awaiting PS 2 paint to finish. 

this pic shows the hug e teeth marks better.. 

93A7FE37-42B5-4B26-9ECE-EA5AD2F65181.jpeg.7af2e0849c45f5cdb08768d4c071e88a.jpeg

• Like 4

Didnt want to throw away my very first Tamiya  30 years ago, so many hours of Cutting out the bed making a new one gluing, filling, priming and painting It turned out like this with the original V8 grill and ford tailgate.

7AA46F5D-E5DC-4E10-A475-10B355AF67DA.png

• Like 8

Did a bit more of Willys new ride!

IMG_1970.JPG.dd223949505b6ed101c353e298094856.JPGIMG_1971.JPG.f83b05589776ac2a846857bebfaff1fb.JPGIMG_1972.JPG.8b4136f095c93ae05af0b2c83fe75bd3.JPGIMG_1973.JPG.10d5572ad97225a50acfa4ef20348b34.JPG

Also took the Dynahead out for a walk in the woods

.IMG_1471.JPG.5ef47785cea4e8caca0ee45795aca8b5.JPG

Forgotten how top heavy it was with the Loops body and wooden flatbed. It still performs really well though. When I got home I ran it in the garden. Quick fwd/rev changes produce wheelies in both directions. Not bad considering the weight, mind you with the portal axles its pretty low geared.

• Like 6

I bit the bullet and got a Avante, it was pretty expensive but I'm really quite happy to finally own one.